Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cessation Crystal, Muk ex, Aerodactyl ex

FurretFTW!!1!

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Rulings Question involving effects that occur at the same time:
An opponent's Pokemon with a Cessation Crystal (EX Crystal Guardians) attached retreats into a Muk ex (EX Dragon) while I control an Aerodactyl ex (EX Sandstorm). What happens?

Aerodactyl ex's Poke-Body Primal Lock: As long as Aerodactyl ex is in play, your opponent can't play Pokémon Tool cards. Remove any Pokémon Tool cards attached to your opponent's Pokémon and put them into his or her discard pile.

Muk ex's Poke-Body Toxic Gas: As long as Muk ex is your Active Pokémon, ignore all Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies other than Toxic Gas.

Would the ruling be different depending on the controller of the cards? Would the ruling be different if the player retreating the Pokemon with a Cessation Crystal did not retreat into Muk ex, but there was a Muk (Fossil) in play instead?

Muk's Pokemon Power Toxic Gas: Ignore all Pokémon Powers other than Toxic Gases. This power stops working while Muk is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

My confusion comes from the idea that all Pokemon "can't use any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies" when Cessation Crystal is active. When it's deactivated, all Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies can be used. I wonder if, since the Poke-Bodies are present but inactive and that the effect text of "Ignore" and "can't be used" are different, the nuances to players choosing the timing might be unique in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

Back