Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cessation Crystal-Slaughtered, Dead and Buried?

Cessy isnt as much played as it used to be. Maybe it's because that all those huge decks like GG and magmortar, don't use it. And considering 70% of the metagame is made out of it and 30& of decks run Pachi, nobody plays cessy. Then at least I don't have to use windstorm. Opinions?

Yep... Nobody should use windstorms... *Slips a few mor Cessation Crystals into deck* ... Nobody... :tongue:

It's simple... If you play Mag or GG don't use it... If you don't play either abuse it. :tongue:

Although Pachi is said to be a good CC defence, it realy isn't... You have to 1. retreat or warp point/switch and 2. waste a turn you could have just attacked with to attack with Pachi...

Late game Pachi does nothing really...

I use a red face paint deck that includes
cessations , it would make me happy if gg and mag players
didnt use windstorms. Pachi is not a threat, just a free prize
for me.:thumb:

Late game Cessation doesn't do much. Assuming your deck doesn't use powers, by late game you're already being ran down by whatever top teir deck you're up against. Pachirisu is there to shut down early game Cessations, which it effectively can do.

CC was the death of me in states. Well, I guess thats what happens when you plan to play popular decks and don't face 1 GG or Mag in 7 rounds. :|

Yeah, if they don't run windstorm, and they run Pachi, it's a free prize. Now that prize may help with scramble, but GG and Magmortar can't really lose that prize. That one prize is very important againist a smart player.

Psychic Lock is the new Cessation Crystal *shrug*. Cessation just isn't as potent as it used to be because it just wont stick as long as it used to.

Why would you use Pachi to discard CC when you can just attack and KO the Pokémon CC is attached to? Its not like GG or Magmortar cannot survive 1-2 turns without their powers. Plus there is Warp Point.

cessation crystal lost it's edge when curse stone went out last year. teaming it up with crystal beach can be effective, but it really isn't the same.

Ok then cessy is dead. But soon to be out is glaceon lv.x and the already used gardevoir with built-in cessys. Trouble is, you can't really stop them. Sad case for decks that run sceptile or a pokepower reliant engine. And also for metanite etc.

You don't necessarily have to play Cess as a "stick it on the whole game" card. Potentially, a well-timed Cessation that blocks your opponent for just a couple of turns can give you a big advantage when you need it. ****, you could be running a power/body-dependent deck yourself in that situation...

Cessation is still good situationally - for example, if you're looking to stop your opponent on his tracks for a couple of turns, gather a big hand, then distrupt-switch with Warp Point, slap in Cessation to your active pokémon, lock in Crystal Beach and finally play a TGW. With max 2 Windstorms played nowadays, you just might be able to get a turn or two when your opponent is recovering from the shock play. It's up to the rest of your deck to turn it into a game win.

Back