Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chandelure Lock deck help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedexter23

Hey guys! Been a while. Back in the game and have chosen to build a Chandelure Lock deck. The stratedy is totally basic like most of those decks. Set up a lock with Vileplume and attack with Chandelure's. Here is my deck list. Can you help me with it as I havnt played in about 3 months...

The attacker version

Pokemon:

4x Litwick
3x Lampent
3x Chandelure
2x Doduo
2x Dodrio
2x Oddish
2x Gloom
2x Vileplume
2x Cleffa
1x Pichu
1x Jirachi(CL)

Trainer:

4x Pokémon Collector
4x Sage’s Training
2x N
3x Professor Oak’s New Theory
4x Twins
3x Pokémon Communication
3x Rare Candy

Energy:

9x Psychic Energy
4x Rescue Energy

I have been playing this deck a lot and have been doing real well with it. Ill show you my list and explain why I choose to do that over what you have. :)

4-4-4 Chandelure
3-0-2 Vileplume
2-2 Dodrio
2 Cleffa
1 Pichu
1 Jirachi

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Sages Training
3 Twins
3 N
2 PONT

4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
1 switch

4 rescue Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Ok first I run heavier lines of Chandelure to always be able to set one up. To many times have I played a lock deck and only ran 3 of the middle form and had situations where 1 is prized, one gets discarded (either dragged up and killed, saged away, or durant milled to the discard) and that will leave only one left and you can have a ton of trouble getting another one out.

Second, the Vileplume line is way different. You always need to run 3 Oddish because the format has changed since Vilegar you have things that drag them up and KO them so you will need to place two on your bench so if one does get dragged up and KOed you can twins the next turn and still get plume up. Which leads me into my next point. I don't run any gloom. Most of the time your using twins to set up Vileplume with a candy anyways. After I took out my Gloom I noticed there was no difference in the time it took to get Vileplume up only that I was no longer getting those dead draws late game. If you would like to feel safer then there should be no problem running 1 Gloom but 2 is just to much.

Your T/S/S line looks good. I opted for an extra N as opposed to the PONT but that's just personal preference. I don't run as much Twins either and dont seem to have an issue with that but as it stands now your T/S/S line looks fine and I wouldn't change that. The only main difference is that I have one switch in mine. It does seem very weird but trust me it makes mirror matches go in your favor big time. Also I have started too many times with a Doduo and was able to bench a cleffa and litwick and played the switch so I don't have to waste that first energy attachment. And in mirror matches with anything that has trainer lock people tend to not set up Vileplume because there is no point. That switch works wonders in those situations.

Last is your energy line. The Psychics look a little heavy. At the most I would run 8 and even then you wont use all of them. 7-8 seems to work well enough for me.

Well thats just my 2 cents on the whole deck. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back