Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Char-line Secret Rares Confirmed!

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
displayimage.php

Contrary to other news reports, according to this ebay scan, the Base Charizard Line IS included in the Storm Front set!

The set symbol and collectors number are hard to make out, but this is a holographic card!

BTW, the first member to notice this was SomethingElse about 40 minutes ahead of me. We need a fire alarm people can pull around here.

Last edited:
According to the seller, this is #101/100 in the Storm Front expansion.

So, I was right in saying these were gonna be there, just outside the normal set number.

Yeah! I was right! Glad to see these are included.

So, I was right in saying these were gonna be there, just outside the normal set number.

Yeah! I was right! Glad to see these are included.

As was I. I thought that they would be 101, 102, & 103 because they were secret rares in the Japanese set as well.

Drew

Mmm... I guess the guys at my league would be very happy - especially my 2 good friends.

I would like a line for myself and If I want to use then in the deck, Ill just use the old ones.

Yay. Gym staffers called it.

Its a good question what they'll say about playing the old versions. The basic and stage 1 should be the same, no? Maybe weakness x2 vs unqualified weakness, but we're used to that. Not confusing, so much.

Its the Charizard that may have Poke-BODY instead of Pokemon Power. Will that require a most recent printing? Stand by!

I'm assuming that these are insanely rare.

Could you quantify that, please? No rarer than some other secret rares, I think, but what do you mean?

It will be fun to dredge out my old base set Charizards to make a deck with....old school indeed. Plus with the energy trans Sceptile it'll be the old Venuzard deck all over. I wonder if it will be competitive...probably not.

-Cory

It will be fun to dredge out my old base set Charizards to make a deck with....old school indeed. Plus with the energy trans Sceptile it'll be the old Venuzard deck all over. I wonder if it will be competitive...probably not.

TransBurn never was competitive, but it was fun if you ever got it set up. The look on their faces whent they noticed what you were doing... :thumb: and there seems to be a Pokemon Center approximation in the set. :thumb::thumb:

Heatran X will be the serious combo attempt.

BTW, the first member to notice this was SomethingElse about 40 minutes ahead of me. We need a fire alarm people can pull around here.

A fire alarm might be reasonable now that THE FORT LAUD. LOUD MOUTH is banned... it might be a workable system and we wouldn't get woken up at 3 AM every morning.

only a waste of space......

How are they a waste of space? Most people wouldn't consider cards this rare a waste of space... you'd call them collectors items.

well
we'll just see how the POP guys will say about the old lines
ill just play a
4-2-4 charizard line all from base set/2/legendary for decks while the 1-1-1 SF line as reference in toploaders or w/e. :p

Back