Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chat room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonCardSell

Chat room?***Delete Topic Please***

Hmmmm Are we going to make one? I wanted to know because I could make a nice IRC chat for us to chat on :) But first I need to know what you guys think. :)

Last edited:
mysterioustrainer said:
Well I don't think that the Pokegym Team could maintain one. However Nintendo is planning for a chat on www.pokemon-tcg.com. Stay tuned!

It should not be hard to maintain since we do have quite a few members and we are growing we can get bots in the chat room to enforce the rules which is very handy :) But in order to get those sort of bots we have to hard at least 20 people everyday in the chat room :). Also since the chat (might be made) is on IRC you can use a java chat room to access it(I can provide the code to put a chat room on the website) or you can just connect using mIRC.

I don't think so.

Every chat board that I've ever seen got out of hand in short order.

sounds good to me.

I do have a REAL cheesy idea. why dont we make an official AIM chat room? (ok, so you cant make anything official on AIM, but hopefully, you know what I mean)

PokePop said:
I don't think so.

Every chat board that I've ever seen got out of hand in short order.
This isn't a chat board this is a chat room and heh This WON'T get out of hand. the IRCop's(admins) will not allow it to get out of hand. Also neither will I. I do have access to kick/ban so it should not be a problem. But however if we do prosue the idea we must make some rules. Then we must some how insert a link to the chat room some where on this site so when people click on it it goes to the chat.

Arthas_Zero said:
sounds good to me.

I do have a REAL cheesy idea. why dont we make an official AIM chat room? (ok, so you cant make anything official on AIM, but hopefully, you know what I mean)

You cannot make an AIM chat. There is no way to kick/ban users that break the rules or whatever so it would be a bad idea.

Last edited:
Ummm...before using the "PokéGym" name, I think it might be wise to consult with the owners of this site: i.e. Team Compendium. By using the "PokéGym" name for your chatroom, you are implying some kind of official connection to this site...which as of now it does NOT, except for the fact that you post here. Just posting here doesn't automatically give you the right to set up something like this, IMHO...especially considering 'Pop's post above!

My suggestion is that you talk to the admins before continuing with this, especially if you want to link the chat from this site.

JMHO,
'mom

Last edited:
SD PokéMom said:
Ummm...before using the "PokéGym" name, I think it might be wise to consult with the owners of this site: i.e. Team Compendium. By using the "PokéGym" name for your chatroom, you are implying some kind of official connection to this site...which as of now it does NOT, except for the fact that you post here. Just posting here doesn't automatically give you the right to set up something like this, IMHO...especially considering 'Pop's post above!

My suggestion is that you talk to the admins before continuing with this, especially if you want to link the chat from this site.

JMHO,
'mom

I have tried they have not replyed to any of my PM and I DID
put unoffical so it's not a part of pokegym...yet.I would also ask if the admins would reply to my PM's.

Last edited:
PokemonCardSell said:
I have tried they have not replyed to any of my PM and I DID
put unoffical so therefore IT IS NOT A PART of pokegym...yet.

You shouldnt have it open or even advertise that it is in any way shape or form related to the PokeGym... Unless they give you the 'ok', which they have not done yet.
-Phil

"I have tried they have not replyed to any of my PM and I DID put unoffical so it's not a part of pokegym...yet.I would also ask if the admins would reply to my PM's."

So, since you haven't gotten an answer as of yet...even though these forums have only been up 72 hours, as of this reply...you go ahead anyway? =/ That's not going to make your case any stronger with the admins, IMO...it certainly wouldn't with ME if it was my decision (which it is not, BTW...)

All of us who admin/mod the 'Gym here are adults who do it on our own time, and in the case of Team Compendium, their own dime....meaning, we get no compensation of any kind for keeping this board running, and TC actually pays to keep it going. So please keep in mind and understand that we all have lives, jobs, and families which just MIGHT get in the way of answering ASAP; I for one was judging the Ruby/Sapphire Challenge all day today along with one of the board admins. It's the weekend, and everyone has family obligations and perhaps even vacations they'd like to get in before school starts for their kids, after all...

JMHO,
'mom

Cease And Desist

PokemonCardSell: Please cease and desist immediately!

As 'mom points out, we own the name.
We've been associated with the name for 4 years now.

You say that you won't let things get out of hand and yet the first thing that you do is get out of hand by infringing on out name!!

Please remove our name from that immediately.

Thank you!

I appreciate the quick response.

It was on purpose that we did not add a chat room to the board. We haven't had good experiences with them over the years and choose not to have one.

Not only that,but I have received NO pm`s,IM`s, or e-mails about this...

In anyways,I agree with `Pop and would not want the name used for the chatroom.No offense,but that`s my view.

`Sensei

If ya want, I can talk to my friend to see if he wants to help out with making an IRC chat. He's made them before, and he doesn't experience many difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back