Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chicago Pokemon Players: Wanted

InsertNameHere

I live in the West Rogers Park area of Chicago. There is a place called Millenium Cards that has an occasional Pokemon TCG tournament, but only 2 good players(Me and one of my friends)
If anyone would play I would be glad to give directions!
:D

Who is this (inwardly excited over the possibility of new players in the Chi. town area)? Right now it's tourney season and alot of us are doing alot of traveling to go to the big tourneys. We have been working on getting a regular meeting place for awhile (a new one in Schaumburg has just been suggested but not finalized). This thread may be a good place to get things worked out.

dld4a said:
Who is this (inwardly excited over the possibility of new players in the Chi. town area)? Right now it's tourney season and alot of us are doing alot of traveling to go to the big tourneys. We have been working on getting a regular meeting place for awhile (a new one in Schaumburg has just been suggested but not finalized). This thread may be a good place to get things worked out.
I'm Asher S., I'm Jewish(I can't go to tournaments on Shabbat, so I miss city and state championships, lucky me), and I've been playing since the TCG came out.

Could you post directions and on what day do these tournys run.
We've been looking for more players in the chi-town area but they are so hard to find.
Will you be at the GC next Saturday?

Last edited:
Jew, d00d, no Saturday stuff for this kid.

When/where is your thing? We might think about coming down and teaching all of you something about the game and stuff...

bullados said:
When/where is your thing? We might think about coming down and teaching all of you something about the game and stuff...

The thing happens occasionally on Sundays at 2:30 PM. It is at Milennium Cards, whch is on Touhy near California in the opposite directionas the 7-11. I will bring a friend(who may be sick with my best decks at his home), a lot of decks(see sig) and a trade binder(with very few cards compared to you, I'm sure.)

:fire: :fighting: :colorless :lightning :grass: :psychic: We need Water, Dark, and Steel symbols.

Oh... sorry.

I can't come this Sunday, because of my school play(Oxymoron alert!!!). I should come the Sunday afterwards.
I called my friend on the phone, he doubts that there is anyone in Chicago better than him(seeing as we have 7500 or so cards and he wins against me 60% of the time.).
Also, the only reason I chose Millenium Cards is because they are the only card store near my house. They sell Pokemon, but they specialize in Yu-gi -oh.

Last edited:
Bleh. Sunday's horrible for me, I'm almost always at work, but I may be able to make it down there every once in a while, and teach you guys how to play ;)

InsertNameHere said:
I called my friend on the phone, he doubts that there is anyone in Chicago better than him

I find that absolutely hilarious.

So is your friend extending a challenge. Id be more than happy to teach a few things i know about the game.
And he only has about 7500 cards? I guess thats a lot?
(any clue what hes running?)
Bulbados- you couldn't teach my little brother anything about this game... lol :D ;)

Last edited:
lol, I was referring to those who know nothing.

and learn how to spell.

lol, I can't wait to waste you guys (referring to Milennium) in the Tourney-legal areas...

BTW, know the Issacs or the Friedmans? lol

I guess my friend is expressing a challange, but it's more that he's interested in playing against someone new.
I don't know the Issacs or the Friedmans. His favorite deck is our Stage 1 deck we made with a box of Sandstorm(the only box of Pokemon cards we exer got). He also likes his Team Magma/Aqua decks.

InsertNameHere said:
And about 'teaching us how to play'... we are actually pretty good with our decks. So don't bring any fire decks. Please.

That's not reverse psycology is it? I know you haven't been to some of the majors but have you been to any in the last year or so. I've been playing since Jungle, my son (AXE) since Base, and most of the other guys in the area since Base also. I used to go to WOTC at Shaumburg and play alot if you had ever gone there we've probably met. I personaly believe that alot of the players that attend most of the Chicago tourneys could compete with any one in the WORLD.

Sorry but if we where to play id have to run my BAR deck. if you want to try to counter it id be more than happy to send a decklist of it. Just pm me.

Yu must also remember that you may be good in your area but you really havn't played anyone out of your area in a while.

bullados- i was just mess with you man.

Most of us went to a tourny in Wisconsin.
But Maybe nest weekend. There's the gym chalenge in NIles. But thats on a saturday. Maybe we could all hook up on sunday. Ill talk to everone else and see what they think.

So your friens done with Pokemon for good? or just to lazy to go today?

Last edited:
Back