Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

chrisrocks BR's thread

May, 22, 2010
Round table pizza
Milwaukie Oregon

I start my day by waking up and getting ready for BR. I decided that luxchomp felt consistent for me to use i used very low luxray and garchomp lines to add a 1-1 blaziken for early disruption and fast damage output early game

so I grab my bag, pokewalker, DS, and MP3 then left

I get there early and hang with some friends and wait for round 1

Round 1 vs Griffen with mirror (no blaziken)

I was nervious playing mirror early, but I open with a garchomp start to his crobat start i 2HKO his crobat with a belted garchomp he couldnt get his garchomp into play but he decides to belt his luxray a try to take on chomp. I spray his bright look, he didnt know how crucial garchomp was in the match so seince he didnt know i start a sweep with garchomp and win the 1st round.

1-0

Round 2 vs Jozef with mirror (once again no blaziken)

he opens with a luxray to my chomp he goes first, attach, and pass. I go and get 2 crobats and a uxie from collector play both crobats put luxray at 60 left then i poke turn one crobat, lay back down leaving luxray at 50, I DCE garchomp, play lots of crap down and try to uxie for 4 I thank and got the belt for Donk

2-0

so it was lunch i go get my pizza and share some with eleki.

Round 3 vs noob with charizard

early game i get a nice start with a turn 2 dragon rush then go to luxray bring up and kill it was a easy match but during the match i realized that he didnt set out prizes so i get a judge and i turns out he searched once through his deck from charmander for CFF, he didnt get a game loss for it.

3-0

Round 4 vs Eleki with HoPe

i dont believe this i get triple poke turn start with collector so he opens with krow to my bat so he goes first attach and pass i go collector for luxray, bat, and uxie so i drop bat and luxray then triple poke turn bat on bench for a totel of 4 damage counters on krow then i uxie for bout 6 pulled the DCE and DONK

4-0

so i play 2 more games for fun agianst Eleki and i donk his lone uxie start

in game 2 it came down to me having 2 prizes to his 4 i play a nrg on shuppet (2 nrg already) belt, evo to banette, and lonelyness with no pokes in hand to his belted mewtwo GG

so finals was called and i went X-0 and paired against Eleki for top 2

T2 vs Eleki with HoPe

I get a decent start but I lost horribly in this match becasue i got looker to the face which sucks cuz i lost all my stuff and he sweeps me in both games and in game 2 i was stupid to thank that i can bring back shuppet with aarons

Props
top 2
2 donks for the day
nice pulls such as T-tar prime, SSU, and RC

Slops
me thanking stupid bout aarons
LOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS

i will post my salem report tomarrow so cya then ;)

May 23, 2010
Borderlands games
Salem, Oregon

I change my list and take out the Blaziken to fill in the luxray and garchomp line I get my bag, poke walker, and deck then head out the door around 10

I get there and there are 4 rounds and a top 2 i hang with friends and wait for round 1

Round 1 vs Kyle with LuxChomp

Again i face luxchomp in the 1st round, i get a decent garchomp start to his poor crobat start he cant get nothing going but he goes for luxray instead of chomp i dont care bout luxray and snag prizes with chomp and he goes kills my bat i return the KO and kill luxray with croak from there it was GG
1-0

Round 2 vs Olliver with sabelock

okey i get a very poor start to his turn 1 double heads on initive and did i mention that my CHATOT WAS PRIZED?!?!?!?!
i get a good top deck into a garchomp to snipe some crucial stuff and i get a uxie to keep my self at a good hand
i barely draw into the banette to kill his mewtwo and from there he couldnt do much
2-0

lunch i go to the salem center mall with lucario123 and some other friends and ate lunch

Round 3 vs noob with stuff

I was a bit surprized by facing him and how he got 2-0 but whateves

I get a good garchomp and luxray trade off for KOs GG
3-0

Round 4 vs Harlan with Kingdra

i get a great start with turn 1 luxray call for luxray and lucario and he opens with a double claydol and he couldnt draw into anything so i get a power spray and kill 1 claydol, his turn, power spray his cosmic he pass my turn, i bring up my garchomp and kill claydol for game GG
4-0

okay i get in finals and i have to face olliver and i hate sabelock soooooo much

T2 vs olliver with sabelock

Game 1: he goes and mewtwo walls me and I figure out taht both my psychic are prized so that sucks while he goes and mewtwo walls me so i try to make him thank im going to setup banette and he gets to much of a prize lead by getting 3 prizes off with mewtwo so when he sees the shuppet hit the bench he goes and colletors which made me happy so i can kill somfin and reach for my prized psychic but i azelf to rearrange my prizes and kill his chomp he goes and does stuff and kills my garchomp with his mewtwo, I go and get a KO on mewtwo with a belted banette and he kills banette with a honckrow for game

Game 2: i cant rly remember much bout this match but in the end he killed my shuppet so i couldnt kill his mewtwo so GG
4-1

props
beating olliver in swiss
2nd place
kingdra prime out of my pulls
koichi for winning juniors

slops
stupid psychics being prized LOLZ

June 5, 2010
Guardian games
portland Oregon

a week before i decided to run HoPe and felt successful with it (to people who dont know wat hope is, its honchkrow, blaziken, staraptor, and mewtwo, yes it works.) anyways i get a ride off of paul and head for the tourny LOL eleki kept sniping robin with a pen

round 1 vs Riley with jumpluff

i get a decent set up and go for a staraptor turn 2 with honkrow searching everything out and once i did that i double mime shuppet + blaziken bring up claydol pretty much GG
1-0

round 2 vs Eleki with mirror

i rly screwed up this game when i had a god start i could have had turn 2 raptor grabing stuff but i just was a idiot and attach and quick attack when he had everything for blaziken killing raptor rather then that i felt like a idiot and scoop with a terrabad hand but i could have avoided this from happening by retreating to blaziken *facepalm*
1-1

during lunch i got chips and donuts then go watch pauls DS match

round 3 vs Magmar?

so i open with honchkrow to magmar and top deck a poketurn so i have 2 poketurns, cyrus, and sp radar so wut i did was
sp radar for bat and get a triple flash bite leaving magmar at 40 then cyrus for egain and nrg then target attack for the win
2-1

round 4 vs Jozef with luxchomp

i got a decent start kill his mewtwo counter turn 2 with blaziken and grabed a couple SP pokemon for power spray one of them was draggy fb and late game i had one prize to his 2 he had a ralts that was gunna kill mewtwo next turn so i see my options on how to win i could try a triple flash bite and jet shoot the luxray but only allowed of 2 drops so that was out of the question, i try to contest hall my promocroak for game but i failed contest hall so after all that i take a good look at the field i see a crobat with 3 damage so i thank and look through my discard and notice my honchkrow and i play a bat down attempt flash bite he sprays i poketurn try again he doesnt spray so i slam my arrons on the table and grab honchkrow and dark i play egain, honchkrow, and dark and take my last prize by sniping crobat VERY GOOD GAME
3-1

round 5 vs Randy with jumpluff

i made alot of misplays in this game cuz i bebes for uxie when i should have got staraptor he gets a lucky judge off and ruins my setup
3-2

so i had a good time at the tourny enjoyed watching elekis game in top 4 and i figured out that i was the highest 3-2 lol and came 5th

eh despite the 3-2 record HoPe is a very good deck it CAN win

June 6, 2010
the coaching center
eugene oregon

i almost slept in thank god i didnt miss my ride :p
i get there hang with friends and wait for round 1 im playing HoPe BTW

Round 1 vs Jozef with luxchomp

i get a good start to his average start so i go with the flow and see wat hes doing i lookers him 1 point and at the end i kill his azelf with target attack that he put damage on with flash impact
1-0

round 2 vs ezra with mother gengar

i have complete advantage in the game by sniping baltoy early and taking a good 5 prize lead then he gets a mewtwo for last resort when i banette it
2-0

round 3 vs paul with donphan prime,typlosion prime,ursering prime, mt gyarados

i get a very nice start to his crapy one and i sweep and kill his baltoy and luring flame his claydol at one point
3-0

round 4 vs robin with sablelock

i get a good turn 2 hand but he let looses my hand and i get crap he gets a EQ off with garchomp c to my lone azelf
i go and draw nothing and pass he EQ
3-1

so when hand my deck in they found out that my list was at 55 cards and i couldnt play my energy gains and expert belts so i just didnt play and took 2nd
3-2

June 12, 2010
Rivals fantesy games
Hillsboro Oregon

i love HoPe so i decide to play it, i wake up with a stuffy nose :(
i get there bout a hour early the store wasnt open untill 10:00 and there was no one there at bout 40 min after 10 lol so i talk with jacob and check out some of the sprites that he made. so when it was like 11:40 eleki showed up which was cool i talk to him till the tourny start

Round 1 vs Eleki with Mirror

i get a cruddy start by knowing both of my honchkrow g are prized :( but i did some great banette stuff and he made a misplay thinking that honchkrow able to 2HKO banette but i was able to put a damage and use damage switch to kill honchkrow and from there and when he had 3 prizes i had 1 time called sorry bout that eleki i hate winning on time :(
after time was called we played the rest out for fun and he would have won in the next few turns with a belted blaziken i was unable to kill
1-0

round 2 vs Olliver with garchomp SV

i get a mime start and didnt land a supporter in like 2 turns detials are a bit fuzzy tho cuz it was a long game but i do remember in the end i should have pay attention by attaching nrgs on raptor to kill a chomp for my last prize but i didnt so whateves i just psych him out acting like the crobat drops were gunna kill his chomp LOL
1-1

i get M&Ms, chips, and soda for lunch i hang with jozef and watch his DS match

Round 3 vs n00b with fossils

i get a good honchkrow lead an kill whatever fossil that appears on bench and take a straght sweep
2-1

Round 4 vs newb with flygon and crap

i see baltoy in the begining i kill it and he has crap and trys to retreat to a hippowdon and attack but his lil trapinch wuz in the way i just target attack away while setting up blaziken
3-1

so i look at all 3-1s and see what there opponents were

me (L 4-0, W 3-1, W 2-2, and W 2-2)
Elelki (L 3-1, W 2-2, W 2-2, and W 2-2)
Kyle (L4-0, W2-2, W 2-2, and W 2-2)

so i wouldnt believe that i had more of a great opponents win percentage i set up my deck and wait for finals

T2 vs Olliver with Garchomp SV
Game one: this was way to easy i just luring flame his dol and snipe his baltoy he had only one garchomp in play at the end and once i killed it he conseed.
Game two: i get a mid-good hand by top decking a cyrus on draw one of a mulligan that he had, but i was able to keep a nice power lock agaisnt him and when i had 3 prizes to his 5 he scooped sience he used all his DCE on retreating claydols and warp points
4-1

IWIN

Props
HoPe being awesome
Eleki
finally winning a spring BR after like going X-0 in swiss at other tournys

Slops
stuffy nose :(
people saying HoPe wont win
winning on time :(

June 13, 2010
Old world deli
Corvallis oregon

again i love HoPe and play it, i wake up and i grab kayhon's lv.xs that my cusion owed and the kingdra prime that my friend wanted wanted and head to the tourny
so paul is runing Kingdra with 1-0-1 alakazam, kayhon was playin T-tar prime, and greg was playing BlaziRay with charizard
i get there and play a game against paul and this is how it went

i get a azelf start to his baltoy i lock up he goes plays horsea passes i go and get honchkrow crobat his benched baltoy and target attack for ko he goes and gets uxie drops and he gets his alakazam out he retreats baltoy for horsea and smoke screen me i go and honchos and thought that smokescreen works from a direct attack but whateves i flip and get heads and grab sp radar and power spray he goes does stuff and pass i go and ko his baltoy and from there i sweeped him with shuppet

so i go and turn my deck list in and wait for round 1

Round 1 vs noob with ursering and donpahn

i get a insane god start by starting with honchkrow and staraptor to his tediursa and phanphy he attachs dce to tediursa and pass i go get a double crobat drop and kill the tediursa with target attack he goes EVOs to donpahn and EQ for 40 i go and poke turn honchkrow and double poisen him with crobat g he goes does EQ for 40 i go and see he has 40 on him i retreat to blaziken and cyrus for sp radar then sp radar for blaziken x and i lv up, egain, and fire for 60+ poisen GG

Me 1-0
Paul 0-1

Round 2 vs another newb with beldum and stuff

this game was easy with belted shuppet sience his beldums were the new ones with psychic X2 weakness GG

Me 2-0
Paul 1-1

during lunch i go to a Dairy Queen near by and get some food DQ FTW

Round 3 vs Robin with sablock

before the match they anouced that they were gunna give half a booster box to someone by anoucing pop Id's and wudayaknow i got called for a booster box which was cool i gave one to robin, paul, stephen, and jozef anyways onto the match. i start with sableye to his sableye i go first and attach and overconfedent so i can avoid being donked by crobat drops btw i had cyrus and roseannes but he goes and im praying he doesnt go and judge or giratina let loose but he doesnt, thank god so i go and roseannes for raptor and honchkrow then i just retreat to honchkrow and grab spray and sp radar he goes and knows my spray i think he impersonates me for judge but i land a cyrus *YES* and keep up and from here he tryed getting double chomp but it was difficult cuz i had draggy fb waiting on bench and ambipom g so from there i just do some shuppet tricks, so does he i kill somfin with honchkrow (crobat i believe) i cant remember much but time called when i had 2 prizes to his 3 but we continue i get draggy up there he was unable to kill it, oh and btw during when time called he was about to make it sudden death by killing unown q on bench with his honchkrow but i spray the crobat so thats how i won i believe

Me 3-0
Paul 2-1

Round 4 vs Jozef with luxchomp

i get a nice and okay start to his decent start i promocroak his luxray and ambi the chomp and draggy the rest of his pokes while i lookers his hand GG

Me 4-0
Paul 3-1

i get paired with Jozef for top cut i hand in my list and wait for top cut

T2 vs Jozef with luxchomp

Game 1: i get a mewtwo start :( and had to let him kill it but i promocroak his luxray and we trade off prizes then it came to a point that if i would promocroak his luxray he would kill my promocroak with shuppet but instead i make a boss move and triple crobat his luxray and mach blow with draggy fb but next turn with a five card hand he hid a dce the whole game and belted his chomp for game GG

Game 2: i choose to go second he opens with a cario and crobat start i lookers his hand and get honchkrow with spray and sp radar getting ready next turn to staraptor but he top decks roseannes and gets double uxie i spray both and he ends i go and did some stuff he says "Im gunna top deck cyrus" i loled a bit and went to draggy fb and mach blow his crobat he goes and guess what HE FREKIN TOP DECKS CYRUS?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? LUCKSACKS A CYRUS and from there he gets luxray x brings up staraptor and kills it and from there i had no cyrus in hand or contest hall so i conceed

Me4-1

Props
getting rickrolled on the way home lol
kayhon
paul
relick
eleki
HoPe
robin
greg
B-day tomarrow
HoPe=BDIF

Slops
jozef for "Top decking like a mad man" lol JK
HoPe losing to luxchomp lols but HoPe will win nats and worlds UWILLC
Last BR as a senior
finals tomarrow on my bday :(

Last edited:
You said you werent going to any BRs because you were paranoid about your ranking :mad: LIAR

Anyway, Good job on not loosing any points. GL at salem cause i will be at bend taking a easy win for RELIC!

Go relic top 2!

Still mad at you for lying tho. :mad::mad::mad:

Nice job chris. MCDONALDS FTW!

---------- Post added 05/23/2010 at 06:04 PM ----------

Nice job chris. MCDONALDS FTW!

3-1, 5th place, wow i suck lol.

@olliver
u better hope i didnt lose to much from you JK
ill score a fair game next time but MAYBE im not attending the rest of the BRs
MAYBE
@lucario
totally man
on mcdonleds, not on u suck

Last edited:
So from what it looks like i will be able to post my portland report tomarrow after the tourny
so be sure to read it

Last edited:
Back