Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Christmas Team

CyberManectric

OK, so as a bit of joke, for the DS tournaments we do in Oregon City's Championships I am putting together a Christmas themed team. Any imput would help.

Note: This isn't a "competitive" team most people use for a VGC. This is something I'm doing for fun.

Abamasnow (X-mass Tree)
Docile Nature, Snow Warning
Item: Focus Sash
EV's: 255 Sp. Atk, 255 Atk
Blizzard
Ice Shard
Earthquake
?????

Shiny Stantler (rudolf)
Lonely Nature, Frisk (darn, pokeradar failed me on this one)
Item: ??????
EV's: 255 Atk, 255 Spd
Sucker Punch
Protect
?????
?????

Azelf (elf)
Timid Nature, Levitate
Item: Choice Specs or Life Orb?
EV's: 255 Sp. Atk, 255 Spd
Psychic
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Explosion

Delibird (Santa Imp.) The "Imp." is short for "imposter."
Adamant Nature, Hustle
Item: Choice Scarf
EV's: 255 Atk, 255 Spd
Aerial Ace
Ice Shard
Blizzard
Present

Chingling (Jingle Bell)
Timid Nature, Levitate
Item: ??????
EV's: 255 Spd, ????
Psychic
Heal Bell
??????
??????

Jynx (Mrs. Claus)
Timid Nature, Forewarn
Item: Wide Lens
Ev's: 255 Sp. Atk, 255 Spd
Psychic
Blizzard
Focus Blast
Lovely Kiss

Any thoughts and/or help with movesets?
~Cyber~

Just a thought... Chingling fails. It's NFE, and Chimecho has better stats. Why not evolve it? When you do, I'd go with this:

Chimecho, Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 80 SpA / 60 SpD
Psychic, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Icy Wind/Shock Wave

The idea would be to set up with Calm Mind and then sweep. However, if you're battling OU or even UU, there are far better options. Christmas team FTW, though.

how did you win??????

Eh, I'd say luck is 30% of the game, but for me luck accounts for more then 50% of my wins. I'm surprised that my 1st X-mas team won as well. :thumb:

As for evolving Chingling, that takes all the fun of naming it JingleBell. Yeah I know, a ridiculous reason, but on the other hand I just made this team for kicks and giggles.
~Cyber~

I am still laughing at the fact that I spoke to you that day of the tourny and said that your team would win based on its theme!

You realize 255 is no different than 252 right? It takes 4 points to boost a stat; 3 is not enough. So:

For each thing, remove them all down to 252 and put the extra 4 in another spot. 1 point really helps, like with Subsitute, Life Orb, etc.

Chingling... If you're going to try to evolve it try Energy Ball and Recover for the other 2 move slots. Energy Ball covers other Psychic types and steelix if you ever see it, dark types too. Recover is just a good move though.

Huh, never though of Starmie, probably because I went with the more obvious Pokemon. A little this year to add Starmie but definetly use it for next year.
~Cyber~

Did you manage to get JingleBell yourself Cyber...? I have been holding one for you ^^ lol Also, how bout a poke from the budew line named poinsettia? 8D

Last edited:
I just used a regular Chingling, not a Shiny one. I'll still gladly trade for yours MC. As for the poinsettia, great idea! I like it. ^_^
~Cyber~

Back