Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Clarification On Salvatore Ruling

runjaimerun

In a gym leader challenge tournament (Singleton, monotype, no rule box cards allowed) would this ruling prevent a deck that is incapable of running water or fighting pokémon from using Brooklet Hill to search their deck for a pokémon and then shuffle their deck after failing to find the Pokemon.

== SALVATORE (SV:Temporal Forces)
Q. Can I use Salvatore to search my deck for a card that is not legal for play in the current tournament format? For example in a Standard format tournament, could I use Salvatore on a Raichu to search for Raichu BREAK?
A. No. A card has to be legal for play in the designated tournament format in order to be searched for by Salvatore

== Brooklet Hill (GRI 120/145)
Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a Basic Water Pokémon or Basic Fighting Pokémon, put it onto their Bench, and shuffle their deck.

Based upon the Salvatore rule, looks like there is now the need to have a valid, format legal target to play or use a Trainer.
So i'd say non-Water and non-Fighting GLC decks could not use Brooklet Hill

Gym Leader Challenge will not adopt this ruling for the use of Stadium cards. If we did, you would run into strange scenarios where Lightning, Fire and Darkness decks would be allowed to use Turffield Stadium to search their respective decks for the dual-type Pokémon that exist in their card pools, but other types would not be able to use them. This unnecessarily complicates an otherwise simple ruling that you can use a card to search or shuffle your deck even if the card is not there. Non Water and Fighting decks can continue to search using Brooklet Hill if they wish. If you would like to stay up to date on the latest Gym Leader Challenge rulings, you can visit www.gymleaderchallenge.com ! :)

Last edited:
Okay, you know what. This is actually going to open up a can of worms that is quite large. We'll be discussing all these rulings further as precedence from Japan continues to be revealed. MAYBE WE DO have to change the way stadiums work in GLC. P A I N. we'll see.

Back