Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Classic Cards that are still good

Baaayyygon

hey everyone, I was going through some of my older brotehrs big bin of cards, and i was wondering if there's any original release pokemon cards that are still powerful in competition. I found a mew, and some other ones that I think were pretty good back then. I know that in yugioh theres still alot fo og cards taht are still really good lk blue eyse white dragon, even tho theres newer cards taht are awesoem too. thats somethign that i think is good about yugioh, is if you ever used to play it and had good decks u can probly enter tourneys and still do pretty well even if youve been gone for two years or somethign. so do you guys know of any older cards that are still good in competition? or is it still just newer ones that have been about for only a year or two?
ps sorry if this is in the wrong forum, not sure where to put it...:confused:

hey everyone, I was going through some of my older brotehrs big bin of cards, and i was wondering if there's any original release pokemon cards that are still powerful in competition. I found a mew, and some other ones that I think were pretty good back then. I know that in yugioh theres still alot fo og cards taht are still really good lk blue eyse white dragon, even tho theres newer cards taht are awesoem too. thats somethign that i think is good about yugioh, is if you ever used to play it and had good decks u can probly enter tourneys and still do pretty well even if youve been gone for two years or somethign. so do you guys know of any older cards that are still good in competition? or is it still just newer ones that have been about for only a year or two?

Huh I wish. I sat helplessly as the harpie's, raigeki, change of heart, butterfly dagger were pulled from my deck. Outrageous, so I shall never play again.

Huh I wish. I sat helplessly as the harpie's, raigeki, change of heart, butterfly dagger were pulled from my deck. Outrageous, so I shall never play again.

They had to ban those cards,they were BROKE-N. Traditional Chaos is the most broken deck EVER IN THE HISTORY OF CARD GAMES!!!!! At worlds in 05,the top 25 decks were Chaos.

The thing is, every single year multiple sets of cards are removed from the modified format (tournament legality). If you've been gone from Pokemon for more than two years, you won't even be allowed to enter a tournament with the same deck you had before leaving. So, unless a card is reprinted, it is useless in competition.

Yup, though it's also known as ravanger...though thankfully that's the closest magic's gotten to yu-gi, and they realized the mistakes they've made with the mirrondin set (where it's from)

edit: and the banning of disciple of the vault in extended makes the deck much less troublesome as well

Well that's not my fault so I shouldn't be punished.

everday, people get punishments for things they are not even remotely related to, yet you think you should still be able to play broken cards and tear up a decent game because you feel it's an unjust punishment? the way i see it, its not a punishment, its life.

Back