Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Claydol ex

How about the Claydol from GE? It can share the same evolution line, and it provides solid draw.

With what as a main/back up attacker?
How about Gallade (+ Gardevoir). It is the same type and is powerful.

But if you want my honest opinion, you really shouldn't try to play Claydol ex. It is really weak. It is just easy Prizes for the opponent.

Claydol GE for support, then... how about... that's it? Or something to help against Gardevoir (Psychic Lock one-shots you for three Energy, and then they take two Prizes), like Blastoise CG. Maybe even... Banette. It one shots Gardevoir without Lake Boundary in play, one-shots Gallade with Lake Boundary in play, and can attack for a decent amount of damage with Ghost Head. If it looks like the G&G player will bring up a Gardevoir, try Banette. But, I don't really like Claydol ex (okay... yeah, I do, it gave me two free Prizes with my G&G), but you can do what you like with it. If it had 130 HP it might be better.

P.S. Banette can only one-shot Gardevoir and Gallade when a different Banette is in the discard.

i don't think it's playable either, bannett seems like it would have a hard time comboing with ex cards, you'll just be losing prize after prize and gaining little ground

Yeah, that might be a problem. Prize after Prize after Prize... and everything is one-shotable by Gardevoir! G&G would own this pretty much, but... hey, it's an ex! Another possibility might be Blissey. Get your Energy in the discard and stall or run them dry of Energy with Claydol ex, then bring up Blissey and retrieve Energy. Energy Switch might be useful, switch all the Energy on Clayol ex to Blissey. But yeah, Claydol ex really isn't that playable.

Back