Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Claydol SD - My thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyranitar7

Okay, so there is a lot of hype and rumor going around about Claydol ex. I thought it would be interesting to see what people think about this. At first when I heard "OMG Claydol ex will PWN Nationals!!!" I pretty much just ignored it. It's a stage 1 ex with decent HP and moderate attacks, but it really doesn’t seem game winning, let alone tournament winning. Especially Nationals.

The last few Battle Roads I went to, however, seemed to have everyone scrambling to get as many Claydol ex as possible. People were trading WAY more for it than anyone would have at States or Regionals, and no one, not a single person, was actually going to play it. They all just wanted to trade them away for a high price at Nats. I'll admit I even traded for one.

Maybe I'll be kicking myself for saying this after Nationals, but I don't think Claydol ex will amount to anything more than just a bunch of hype.

And if someone did come up with their perfect SD, which contained Claydol ex, why go spewing it all over the boards? The whole point of a Secret Deck is that it is supposed to be secret!

Although, if you were to play Claydol ex what would you combo it with? I haven’t really thought about it much, but Sharpedo ex is the first thing that comes to mind. It has a similar attack which makes your opponent discard energy, can Drag Off, which is great early game, and is resistant to psychic which is of caurse Claydol's weakness.

Please discuss.

Here is the scan.

Last edited:
I hope it is Sharpedo/Claydol, I've got something SPECIAL for that.

There's been some huge differences of opinion lately...if elite players mention they're gonna play a card at Nats, "it's not real" or "it's just hype" but if they don't, they're not helping the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back