Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Coercion: Gardevoir ex's day out (E-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Now, I have three questons for you:

1: Do you fear having a good hand?
2: Do you fear having fully built-up Pokemon?
3: What card makes you disagree with your answers on the first two questions?

Well, the first two will probably be "no." The third? Gardevoir ex, IMO Sandstorm's best Pokemon! Well, enough mumbling...time for the decklist!

Coercion (e-on w/ Best of)

Pokemon (16):

4 Ralts (Sandstorm)
2 Kirlia (Sandstorm)
3 Gardevoir ex
2 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
2 Wynaut (Sandstorm)
1 Rocket's Mewtwo (Best of Promo)
2 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)

Trainers (24):

4 Professor Elm
4 Copycat
4 Moomoo Milk
3 Switch
3 Warp Point
3 Rare Candy
1 Mirage Stadium
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Town Volunteers

Energy (20):

20 Psychic

Pokemon-Now, I must first say that my tech is solid enough for my taste: Wobbuffet for other ex Pokemon, and Kecleon to deal with those pesky Wobbuffet players! Wynaut is an absolute must for pulling my evos, and Dunsparce will get me LOADS of basics. Some may say that it makes no sense to have only one of my tech cards. I do this so I can have room for better cards that do better things MORE OFTEN. I may change the numbers, depending on how tough/not tough pokemon ex are in my local area.

Energy-Roullete is all you need to decide this one ;)

Trainers- Well, I have:
*elms and copy for draw
*Milk for heal
*Lanette for even more basic search )
*Candy for speed
*Warp Point/Switch to get my pokeys to safety
*Mirage Stadium to disrupt my opponent
*Town Volunteers for replenishment

I kind of doubt the strength of Mirage in the deck, but other than that, I'm pretty content with it.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I have a feeling that this could be a solid Gardevoir ex deck for the new times, but there are still many things to work out.

Thanks in advance, y'all!
~Patriarch

Last edited:
Only 1 each of Pokemon Fan Club and Lanette's Net Search? For those cards, play 2 or play not at all. I also dislike the singles in the Pokemon engine, so drop a Dunsparce and one of your singles to bring the other two up to 2 each.

Dkates, while I appreciate the suggestion, you could compare Lanette to, generally, a beefed-up Fan Club for E-on (seeing as how playable babies are scarce, if not non-existent). So I'm probably going to go with 2 Lanette in the future (when I get another from that unlucky box...grrr), or just stick with my 1/1.

However, I was all over with Dunsparce! I indeed took out one, and added in a trainer in its place...Errr, let's see which one! *edits his last post*

3 Lady Outing? With only 1 type of Basic energy in your deck, you're going to use your Supporter to get 1 card? Either replace them with Energy Search or add (at least) 2 other Basic energy types to your deck (for Kecleon so that Kecleon can be the Type the Defending is Weak against).

Doy! BJJ, you're right! *Scurries off again to edit decklist*

I found that out today at Pokemon League. A supporter energy search is NOT fun. Just goes to show you what happens when you don't fully read the card people! ;)

Last edited:
According to the new ruling, Lanette's Research searches for 3 different TYPES of pokemon. That means you can only search for one psychic pokemon, and then another TYPE of pokemon, and then another TYPE of pokemon.

Then, for this deck, 2 Pokemon Fan Club would work better than the 1/1 Pokemon Fan Club/Lanette's Net Search you had, since Fan Club can pull 2 of the same type.

Last edited:
Looks very close to a concept I am working with.

I would suggest you tech in at least 1 Holo Gard. That would allow you to place 2 energy on your Gardevoir EX, potentially on the TURN YOU PLAY IT!!!

Also add in free retreat Marills, Great with switch, and the only free retreat basic in the game.

Diversify your energy just a bit if you plan to keep in Kecleon, At least add in Water and Lightning to Counter Fire and Water, and Consider adding Fighting to counter Slaking.

going 2-2-2-2 on those energy should be fine, and reduce your psychic accordingly.

Gardevoire EX is going to be a tough card to deal with, that is why I play both Grass and Psychic in my Kecleon Decks, fun to make you 4x weak!

Those are my thoughts...

Meganium45

Now folks, since I have Kecleon in the deck only to tech out people who might play Wobs, I might as well remove it until Wobbuffet proves to be an ACTUAL problem (Rocket's Mewtwo covers this problem easily, now that I think about it).

Also, I appreciate you guys correcting my misruling on Lanette. I think I'll have a fan club in there for now, but who knows where this deck'll go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back