Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Collector's Cache confirmed #1 Official Vendor for 2011 Nats

CollectorsCache

Hello PokeGym!

We're proud to announce that Collector's Cache has been selected to be an official vendor for the 2011 Pokemon Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana this July. We want to thank Pokemon for this opportunity and we are looking forward to supporting the players at Nats.

We also wanted to check and see what suggestions for product you all might have for us to bring to Nats this year. Please let us know & see everyone in Indy! :smile:

Team Cache
CollectorsCache.com

Sup guys! Congrats on the selection! You were fantastic last year, and I'm expecting nothing less this year.

As far as stuff available for purchase, here's my short (but rather long) list...

* Japanese Pokemon TCG peripherals such as sleeves, deckboxes, binders, and playmats. You can also extend this to the American stuff, but the Japanese stuff is so highly sought after around here that you'd make a fortune on it.
* TOPPS Pokemon trading cards. I love these things for raffles, freebies, and giveaways at tournaments. They tend to be on the inexpensive side when compared to regular TCG product, which makes them attractive for TOs that like giving stuff away. Plus, kids like the characters, and parents like the price.
* Anything Pokemon-related that can be sold for $2 or less. Again, this is for the TOs and Parents mostly. Top suggestions here are fast food giveaways, old toys, and similar stuff.
* Anything and everything that can be played at US Nationals. This includes all of the Promo packs that have been sold as well as singles, boosters, and PCDs.

As far as things I'd like to see you guys have completed ahead of time...

* Buylists if you're buying. I'd like to get everything I'm selling on one sheet of paper. It'll make everything go much more smoothly if those selling are given an idea in advance of what their cards might be worth. Also, I know I hate haggling, you hate haggling, and many players hate haggling. It takes time and energy away from the important things going on during the weekend. A posted buylist would cut the haggling significantly, and make things go much, much more smoothly and quickly than they did last year.
* Lists of things that you have available for purchase. This doesn't have to be 100% complete, as I'm certain you'll find stuff very late in the process. But just a rough idea of the kinds of things you'll be selling.

I'm excited to see what you guys pull out for this year. Have fun ^_^.

You guys should totally bring all your cool japanese stuff.
And sleeves and dice if you have any. (You guys need to get more dice ;))
Alot of people will have last minute needs for dice/sleeves

Almost forgot about this one...

If the TCGOnline Beta is still going on, or if they're still valid ways to play the game, as many TCGO code cards as you can possibly find. I know that it's difficult (at best) for some players to find these cards, and there are a LOT of us that want to try the thing out.

Keep the posts coming!!

Hello All, we appreciate all the feedback we've received thus far and we're going to do our best to bring as much Pokemon stuff as we can. As Nats is rapidly approaching, we'd like to say that we're all excited for the events and are looking forward to seeing everyone in Indy. Please keep the feedback coming! :thumb:

Team Cache
CollectorsCache.com

What are you paying for bulk commons and uncommons?

Hello PokePop,

Unfortunately at this time we don't have a set buy price for bulk cards. We will definitely be purchasing bulk commons, uncommons, rares, & holos like last year and our buy prices will probably vary. There's no need to alphabetize the cards however we will only be buying bulk English Pokemon cards in new NM/MINT condition (no basic energies please). Our buy prices will largely be based on how many cards we are getting offered throughout the event. Thanks as always & see you there! :smile:

Team Cache
CollectorsCache.com

Well, since people (such as myself) are going to be carrying possibly 50 lbs of commons/uncommons on an airplane, I would not appreciate not knowing whether I'll get a fair price for them or not ahead of time.
I can't cart that much there, and then find out that you're not interested (or offering a fair price), only to have to cart them back.
I'll have other things to bring back with me than those card.
I find it unacceptable that you can't give a price ahead of time.
Even if it's just offered to those on this message board and not the general public, a price that can be depended on is important.

We're going to be steering a fair bit of business to one vendor or another for our Mutant Madness Draft.
I want to steer that business to the vendor that I'm comfortable doing business with.

Well, since people (such as myself) are going to be carrying possibly 50 lbs of commons/uncommons on an airplane, I would not appreciate not knowing whether I'll get a fair price for them or not ahead of time.
I can't cart that much there, and then find out that you're not interested (or offering a fair price), only to have to cart them back.
Even if it's just offered to those on this message board and not the general public, a price that can be depended on is important.

We're going to be steering a fair bit of business to one vendor or another for our Mutant Madness Draft.
I want to steer that business to the vendor that I'm comfortable doing business with.

100% agree

I am guessing that both vendors are waiting for the other to announce their prices so they can announce better prices.

^^ Same here, but I maybe have 10-15lbs in bulk/sell cards, my question and answer lays with your statement.

Troll and Toad is better than Collectors Cache in my oppinion. I mean they have already announced a buy list and Collectors Cache didn't. That just shows whos more customer reliant for pokemon merchandise and whose more organized of the two venues. With that being said, how are you the #1 venue?

Hello PokePop,

If it helps, we were paying 3 cents for commons/uncommons last year from the start and went down to 2 cents per card after we had bought a few hundred thousand cards. We don't want to post buy prices prior to Nats as prices could change and then we would have to deal with players accusing us of falsely advertising buy prices. Please understand that we're doing our best here and since there will be another vendor, posting our buy prices in advance could hurt our business. Again, we don't know exactly what we will be paying yet but you can count on getting a fair deal from us. :smile:

P.S. For the Mutant Draft, we're going to bring some cool older packs for your event so hopefully you guys will send some players our way. Thanks again!

Team Cache
CollectorsCache.com

Hello PokePop,

If it helps, we were paying 3 cents for commons/uncommons last year from the start and went down to 2 cents per card after we had bought a few hundred thousand cards. We don't want to post buy prices prior to Nats as prices could change and then we would have to deal with players accusing us of falsely advertising buy prices. Please understand that we're doing our best here and since there will be another vendor, posting our buy prices in advance could hurt our business. Again, we don't know exactly what we will be paying yet but you can count on getting a fair deal from us. :smile:

P.S. For the Mutant Draft, we're going to bring some cool older packs for your event so hopefully you guys will send some players our way. Thanks again!

Team Cache
CollectorsCache.com

Fair enough.
Let's me know to make sure to get to you early.

Its going to be great to see the crew from Collectors Cache at Nationals again. Good selection, truthful buy prices, and friendly people. I will most certainly do my business here after the hammering I took from a different store last year.:thumb:

Last edited:
Troll and Toad is better than Collectors Cache in my oppinion. I mean they have already announced a buy list and Collectors Cache didn't. That just shows whos more customer reliant for pokemon merchandise and whose more organized of the two venues. With that being said, how are you the #1 venue?

If you think troll and toad is better than CC for Pokemon you really don't understand anything about either of them. Troll and Toad is strictly a business, they are about their bottom line and nothing more. When people from Troll and Toad come to an event like Origins/GenCon/US nationals they are there to make money and Period.

Collector's Cache is owned by a store owner and father who has consistently demonstrated an investment in the Pokemon community, and not just seeing players as a $$ sign. (Remember those Poke'Nation Shirts they gave away for free anyone? Despite the fact that they were not allowed to sell at that event, resulting in everyone getting price gouged by a single vendor??)

CC is one store you can trust to give you fair market value (store purchasing price wise) for any of your cards. While Behman does have a business to run and a family to feed, he isn't out to cheat anyone or rip off little kids to make a quick buck. (which I have personally seen Troll and Toad representatives do)

Just my opinion

While Behman does have a business to run and a family to feed, he isn't out to cheat anyone or rip off little kids to make a quick buck. (which I have personally seen Troll and Toad representatives do)

Just my opinion

I have seen CC cheat and rip people off. Just my opinion.

Back