Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

collinsville GC REPORT

well this gc was screwed from the beginning, so going there, we knew what to expect, but it was a good reminder how much MEG45 spoils us, lol

ok i played my slap-down deck (medicham ex/breloom) so if ya want a deck-list, go check it out in the DECK section

round 1 vs colin (swanton__ dark steelix/jirachi)
well the match is quite close, but with a scramble and strength charm in my hand with cargo on the bench, i play a warp point to get medex out of the active, instead of retreating it, allowin him to get his powered up steelix out......... after that point, i knew that mistake cost me the whole game, but oh well, such is life
0-1

round 2 vs cody (?????)
he was rather new to the game, but he played a lot of electic (all fighting weak) so medicham just had a feild day
1-1

round 3 vs ??? (crobat swarm)
well he got stuck with a pidgey and a koffing and my starting hand had shroomish, fighting, DRE and a breloom, so i ko the pidgey, he evolves into weezing, and puts down a lps, i attach another fighting do 70, thinking it's over, but he points out the lps........ he goes, and does smogscreen, my turn, i have no counter gym in my hand, so i flip for smogscreen, tails....... he goes does smogscreen again, thinking he ko'd me, but i point out his lps, rofl....... my turn i draw a fighting attach to my benched shroomish, retreat and i did 10 ko'ing him
2-1

round 4 vs ??? (dark t-tar mod)
well i got breloom out quick due to an uber top deck of a magcargo that he cut me to, he only had a cubone and a fightin dark t-tar and i let him take first prize so i could scramble the breloom, koin his t-tar and then his cubone with a dre
3-1

round 5 vs tino (metaking)
well this one proved to be a barn-burner......... after some blowbacks between us, i was trailing 4-1 when i sent up medicham and played admin.......... his slaking couldn't do anything, so i kept using pure power to ko his metagross on the bench and his jirachi......... as soon as one energy was attached to slaking, i ko'd it, tying prizes to 1-1.......... with nothing left on his side, and the inability to quick-search, i took the last prize
4-1

well i was guaranteed to make the top 8, but since megamurkrow and b-long didn't make the cut, i decided that along with that, i have a trip to worlds already for judging, so i didn't want to screw over the #9 person that didn't have a trip....... so i just dropped....... turns out that "helped" out ben (rocklock can beat that deck BEN!!!), but colin ended up winnin it n-e-wayz

ok major props go out to
-me (just cuz, rofl)
-everyone that played
-dylibird for winnin with venucex
-the judges for at least being able to ask me or clay to make some rulings

major slops go out to
-the store for not having enough ventilation and for taking forever........ 5 rounds in 7 hours....... arrrggggg
-idiotic moves on my own part

select judges are invited to judge worlds, and get a free trip there. They are hand selected by the HJ's I believe for each age division....

You all, if you are curious about the judge thing...

It is kind of a lesson to all.

There are some 15+ players who realize the game is bigger than they are, and really make an effort to improve the game in their area.

PUI has actually taken notice of some of these folks, not TOs, not PTOs, but players who will forego trip winning opportunities to help put on some of the best events.

Scott is one of them...not only did they give him a trip to worlds, they named a card after him (LOL)

Chad (Psyduck) is another...he has run Pokemon Rocks America and the Houston Space Party he impressed Pokemon so much with his dedication to the game.

Matty (Mega Murkrow) is the third...and I get to break the good news to him later today!!!

These guys have been there EVERY step of the way while I have served as PTO (and before).

They jumped to volunteer at Pokemon Rocks America in St. Louis.

They jumped to volunteer to travel and serve as HJs at the South Stadium Challenge 2004, and MS Valley Regional 2005..

They jumped to volunteer to be on staff at Worlds in 2004, just to pitch in as needed.

Every time I have needed help with ANYTHING, they step to the plate, just for the good of the game.

I am honored to be associated with these 3, and others from St. Louis who step just as hard.

I am glad that Pokemon USA has taken note of their SUPERIOR service to the game, for the good of the game, and rewarded them as they should be rewarded, with a TRIP to Worlds!!!

This is not something they did just for the trip...they had NO IDEA that the trips were coming. They have served the game for YEARS.

Good things happen to good people.

My rant, rave, and thanks.

M45

Vince: It starts at the head of the body and that would be you. You are a tireless PTO who goes out way beyond the normal "do a tourney" deal. If it wasnt for your lead, you wouldn't have such outstanding judges/support staff. (Maybe it is a package deal and everyone works together) Anyway, you bring so much extra to a tourney. along with incentives to keep prior winners from "interfering" with GC results.....tips to help build leagues, etc etc. I could go on for awhile. Bottomline, I'm glad that PUI is rewarding great judges/PTOs and others with trips to Worlds to continue to lead the way in this great community! Its been awhile since I've been to a tourney w/ you, but I look forward to seeing you all in SD! You all DESERVE IT!!! GJ guys.

Keith

vince-- we wouldn't have done it any other way, and collinsville was just a reminder to how great of a pto and friend u really are

lawman-- i agree, none of us would have been willin to work as hard, had it not been for such a great guy like vince

Kudos to M45 and his staff of volunteer helpers........

I also have a select group of TOs and Professors that help out Pokemon for the Game...not just for the perks...

it's on vince, as long as alysha isn't invited this time........ i hate being slow-played by someone who just learned the game................ ARRRGGGGG

Back