Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Colorado Shootings

At a Dark Knight Rises premiere in Colorado, some maniac opened fire on a crowd and killed 12 people and wounded about 30 others.

This incident just goes to prove how sick in the mind some people can be. A shooting on (AFAIK) innocent people going to watch the premiere of a movie of all things is just not right.

And don't say it's ironic coming from a guy with the username Human Destroyer, it was the first thing that came to mind. >.>

My condolences to everyone affected and a huge apology to those were killed from all humanity.

we've had news helicopters flying over my neighborhood all day (and they're back, in time for the 5 pm news =/), circling over the guy's parents' home. dude lived here and graduated from the same HS my kids go/went to; he was a senior when my oldest was a freshman =/

my sympathies to the families of the victims and best wishes to the survivors.

Last edited:
I hear his house apparently is boobie trapped with bombs and other things...

I sure hope to God this isn't anything like a real life Se7en thing or anything similar....

This makes me wonder why the US still allows the use of guns.

Because back when the constitution was written the founding fathers didn't think we would have full auto AR-15s with a 100 round drum mag (which is what he used). And if a law said we can't have guns any more it would cause a social uprising and maybe another civil war.:nonono:
On another note he shot 59 people and killed 12. Condolences go to the families. And SD Pokémom because it happened in her freakin neighborhood. I wonder what his motive was though?

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

And people with guns kill a lot more people a lot more easily. Fact is American gun culture comes with a really high gun crime rate compared to other countries. This shooting wouldn't have happened if guns were restricted.

^No because as history has showed us of you restrict something more product is distributed look what happened in the 1920s prohibition created a huge crime surge. The only way we can help this situation is control it better, make sure the person that gets the weapon has no priors and so forth. We can't restrict or ban anything but only help the situation with disscussions like this

This makes me wonder why the US still allows the use of guns.

This argument always drives up a wall....
If you outlaw guns...how does that stop criminals from obtaining them?
A criminal; by definition doesn't follow the law. Guns can be obtained through illicit means, just like drugs can. Pot, Crack, Heroin, all illegal, and yet people obtain them. Restricting guns takes them out of the hands of men and woman who can use them to defend others. It disarms any opposition to the criminal. Those who are willing to murder others will not be dissuaded by restricting legal firearms.

And people with guns kill a lot more people a lot more easily. Fact is American gun culture comes with a really high gun crime rate compared to other countries. This shooting wouldn't have happened if guns were restricted.

Norway has VERY strict gun control laws. That’s didn’t stop a madman from killing 80 teenagers….
See my above point. If you restrict guns, Michael Murder isn’t going to care, he plans to shoots up a theater. You think he can’t obtain weapons? In this particular case, all the weapons an ammo were bought legally, but I guarantee you it’s not hard to obtain illegal firearms. Laws, restrictions, and the like would not have prevented this. This is a man who booby-trapped his house with explosives. He dyed his hair red and claimed he was the Joker. This is not a man who cares about the law. This is a deranged psycopath with the brain of a drop-out grad student in neuroscience. This guy was smart, deranged and crazy, but smart. This attack was obviously planned months, maybe even longer ago. Had this man not been able to obtain guns and ammo through legal means, he would have done so through other means.

In any country that leaves the ability to purchase weapons by the public- the purchaser is still the one who is responsible for how it is used. In some cases, you have to meet certain requirements like taking a safety class, have a license, pass a back ground check in the criminal records department- and many more actions/qualifications to obtain a weapon.

There is no real win-win situation with gun control unless the gun user is a respectable, law abiding citizen who is mentally stable, mature, knowledgeable of how to properly store and fire the weapon, cares enough about the lives of others, will not use it improperly, obtains the needed and legal requirements to own one in the first place, obtains the gun legally, and above all- does not blame the gun's existence for being the root of the reason for it being evil.

Any item can become a weapon. It becomes a weapon when something intelligent uses it in a manner to purposefully do harm or bring death and destruction to others.

This is a sad act of unwanted death and harm. Unfortunately, this person chose to do this act and it was a planned- there was no stopping this from happening and obviously he obtained what he wanted in order to carry out this disgusting act, regardless all of the attempts at keeping weapons out of the hands of people who choose to do such a malicious crime.

My sympathy to the families and the victims, and may they find comfort in answered prayers.

I actually heard about it on the news on Friday, my brain was just exploded. I know I'm not really a big fan of Batman or anything like that, but WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU SHOOT AT OVER A DOZEN FREAKING PEOPLE WHO WERE JUST WATCHING A FREAKING MOVIE!!!!? This world is just wrong.

Although I couldn't see the government banning guns, how about automatic weapons? Like seriously. Who needs an automatic weapon anyway. That's just asking for trouble IMO.

Back