Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Colorful Whiteout

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixquack

You know those colorless Pokemon you keep over looking in the back of your card box? What if you put them in deck? Could they have any hope of winning? Yes, yes, they can.

:colorless POKEMON (19):
3x Rattata (SW 103) - Low HP, high risk.
2x Raticate (SW 61) - Potential 70 damage w/1 energy. 40 dmg with 1 Dark energy.

2x Spinda (SW 111) - 1 energy = two cards or 1 matching basic energy = 40 dmg. It's possible to knock out a 'baby' pokemon on your 1st or 2nd turn.

2x Smeargle (SW 66) - No energy = 3 energy cards in hand. 1 energy - trace can be anything with luck.

2x Buneary (MD 53) - 0 energy = get any energy from your deck. 1 energy = 10 dmg plus healing.
2x Lopunny (LA 33) - PB Active = bench healing. No energy = 3 cards, 2 energy 30 to 60 dmg.

2x Pidgey (SW 99) - placeholder for Pidegotto
2x Pidgeotto (SW 58) - 1 energy 20 dmg, 20 energy potential 60 dmg.
2x Pidgeot (SW 35) - 120 HP meat shield. 2 energy 50 dmg they switch.

:colorless ENERGY (19):
2x Fire, 2x Grass, 2x Water, 2x Electric, 2x Psychic, 2x Fighting, 2x Metal
3x Dark
2x Recover

The rainbow of basics are for Spinda. Recovery does what it does and can be retrieved by Buneary. Without Spinda, you'd run almost all Dark energy for Raticate.

:colorless TRAINERS (11):
3x Energy Search - mainly for Spinda and Raticate
2x Switch
2x Warp Point
4x Quick Ball - very effective in this simple line up

:colorless SUPPORTERS (11):
4x Felicity's Drawing
3x Bebe's Search
4x Roseanne's Research

:colorless This deck is quick to set up, is quite versatile, but has no long term plans for a four year degree.
- About half the Pokemon have an attack to draw cards.
- About half the Pokemon have 0 retreat cost.
- Raticate and Spinda have early game - heavy damage attacks. If the basic is gone, it makes it more difficult to build the mid-game beater.
- It's trainer heavy to get to early game combos.

:colorless The deck sacrifices mid/late HP for low energy / high damage ratio Pokemon. This is not a reliable long term attrition deck. Only one Pokemon has over 100 HP. Your focus must be to hit early and hard. Use your card draw attacks, when you need them and when you don't have a way to score a lot of damage. If you face a fighting deck, you'll need the Pidgey lineup in play ASAP.

:smile: Suggestions welcome.

looks fun but to make it better i'd add 3 broken time space scince it will make it a way faster deck, hope i helped :)

Good idea.
I didn't go with B-T-S, yet... but I did fit in some Rare Candys. It does help the speed. B-T-S may still be an option.

I'm thinking Spinda will come out and I'll just run dark energies. Even with the energy searches, etc... Spinda is a bit to erratic to count on getting just the right energy to do 40.

A first turn Raticate with/dark energy has been quite effective at causing a lot of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back