Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Combined States Report(week 1 &2)

silverst31n

This is my report for Tennesee States. I had been playtesting for around a month with my friend Tyler on weekdays and we were working on a gyarados build. i just wasnt pleased at all with the progression of the format or the deck at all. gyarados did so well for me in battle roads and i enjoyed it then. But after playing all of my city championships with different sp varients i was just in love with them once again since nationals. i decided to try my hand at a dialgachomp deck with a tech luxray and it was just having a really good game Vs gyarados and cursegar so i decided to play that for my first weekend of states in my home state of Kentucky. by the way im bad with names,
Round 1 justin l.-flyphan
i was extremely unprepared for this match up but caught an early lead with my garchomp c. he extreme attacks my active DGX after i Koed his donphan. it get down to me having 3 prizes to his 2. he ahs a benched Flygon x with expert belt and i have a charged garchomp con ym bench and a luxray gl play ready for the win..,.alls i needed was the lv.x. long story short after many sacrificed prizes i wiff on ym luxray x and lose. 0-1 not how needed to start.
round 2 ??? tangeroth shaymin
i start off strong with my dialga t2ing his tangela then he uses revenge seed shaymin for a surprize KO i 2 shot it with luxray and regain total control and proceed to sweep. sorry guy. 1-1
round 3 ??? raindance
he starts off realllllyyy slow and i just take advantage of him buy beating his squirtels with my dialga g. he sets up a claydol and i spray it. then garchomp snipe the following turn. he couldnt recover. 2-1
round 4 Mark Garde gallade
i start off really strong and get 2 quick prizes. i belt my dialga because his body language reflected siappointment in his prizes and the fact that he hadnt played more then the one gardevoir i KOed made m,e realized he prized a majority of his ttackers or so i thought. he claydols for a new hand then machop rare candy machamp energy retreat take out for 2 prizes. he takes 3 prizes with machamp and sets up. i cant recover. 2-2 very disappointed and aggravated at this point.
round 5 scotty h kingdra
deafen lock and a garchomp on his claydol he never got set up. 3-2
round 6 liz r.
she starts strong just like me but after she gets haunter and searches for gengar all 3 of them are prized. she trys to hang on but eventually scoops. i felt really bad. 4-2
we had a top 8 and 4 x-2s make it in. i wasnt one of them. my friend dylan and tyler made top 8 with the gyarados list we had been testing. oh well better luck next weekend i thought.
Week 2
This week flew buy in school. when friday came and we started our 6 hour drive to memphis i was really excited. im playing a luxchomp w/dialga tech. after 3 quick games friday noight in the hotel im finally satisfied with my build. no call energy was sooo intresting. 6 rounds top8
round 1 bye
1-0
round 2 ??? shuppet donk
i get out an early dialga g and he scoops in the face of deafen.
round 3 ??? flychamp
i Ko a fighting flygon after he Kos my luxray and im stuck behind a spiritomb while he sets up 2 machamps but iw as ready fro machamps i g up my uxies and wait for action. then wager. i lose wager then slowly lose the game. 2-1
round 4 mr.thomasson cursegar
i KO his azlef on t2 for the win. 3-1
round 5 amy gengar
i KO her crobat g on t2 for the win. 4-1
round 6 ??? plox
i start strong and cant t2 because of spiritomb darn. unfortunatly he wagers me i lose it then psylocks me in place. i cant do much then a wager agin and i lsoe again. he gets another garde and nidoqueen.
i slowly lsoe from there to wager. 4-2
my tie breakers are strong im confident i will top8 and i do with 7th seed.
top 8 tyress w. gechamp
g1 i draw all pokemon he gets early machamp after 3 prizes i scoop.
g2 i start extremely strong and take control he tries really hard to come back but alls he does is waste valuable time.
g3 time is very close at this point so my strategy s to take a prize every turn from t2. i suceed and when time is called im ahead by 1 prize.
top 4??? shuppet donk again.
g1 band hand he rolls me fast
g2 bad start he draws 3 quick prizes but i drag up a regice and throw him in deafen lock he scoops.
g3 early game deafen lock means finals for me
finals kevin w. luxchomp
g1 no supporters he slowly beats me.
g2 i start dialga hoping for deafen but i roseannes and my metals are prized grab uxie and garchomp wich he sprayed and sniped. cant do anything to kee it a real game i scoop accepting defeat and happy that i got 2nd. got glass and half a box.
both tournements were run so well and smooth. great states series this year.
props
getting second
pizza hut
ARKANSAS!!!
friend doing well in georgia.(and letting me in on a cool secret)
sp for being so fun to play
slops
losing in finals
doing bad week 1
Our PTOs last tournement = [
regionals being a month away =p (im ready to top it!)
Thanks for reading if you cared to do so.
Trevor Marcos

Back