Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for May 11th, 2023

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, May 11th, 2023
(Added April 13th and May 4th and May 11th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* April 13th, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* April 20th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* April 27th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* May 4th, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* May 11th, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== BLAZING ENERGY (Typhlosion - SM: Lost Thunder) <SM8_42>

Q. If I have Venusaur with the "Jungle Totem" Ability in play, and I use Typhlosion's "Blazing Energy" or Charizard's "Energy Burn" Ability while it has a Basic {G} Energy attached, how much {R} Energy would be provided?
A. Each Basic {G} Energy provides {R}{R} Energy. Even though the Energy type provided changes from {G} to {R}, the card name is still Basic {G} Energy, so Jungle Totem still works. (May 11, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== BOSS POCKETS (SW: Brilliant Stars) <SWSH9_88>

Q. If I have a Honchkrow V with "Boss Pockets" Ability and 190 damage on it and three Emergency Jelly tool cards are attached, do all of the tool cards trigger at the same time or do they trigger sequentially?
A. They trigger in sequence, so the first Emergency Jelly would remove 120 damage and get discarded, but the second & third Emergency Jelly would not trigger since there is now more than 30 HP remaining and no more damage would be healed. (Apr 13, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== CONCEALED CARDS (Radiant Greninja - SW: Astral Radiance) <SWSH10_46>

Q. When using Radiant Greninja's "Concealed Cards" Ability, can I discard an Energy card from my hand if there are no cards left in my deck?
A. No, discarding an Energy card is a cost (as identified by the "in order to" phrase) so you can't do it if you can't do the actual effect of the card. (May 4, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== ENERGY BURN (Charizard - XY: Evolutions) <XY12_11>

Q. If I have Venusaur with the "Jungle Totem" Ability in play, and I use Typhlosion's "Blazing Energy" or Charizard's "Energy Burn" Ability while it has a Basic {G} Energy attached, how much {R} Energy would be provided?
A. Each Basic {G} Energy provides {R}{R} Energy. Even though the Energy type provided changes from {G} to {R}, the card name is still Basic {G} Energy, so Jungle Totem still works. (May 11, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== JUNGLE TOTEM (Venusaur - SM: Shining Legends) <SM35_3>

POKEMON ATTACKS

== AQUA RETURN (Lumineon V - SW: Brilliant Stars) <SWSH9_40>

Q. If my Lumineon V attacks with "Aqua Return" to take my last prize card, but Lumineon V is my only Pokemon in play, do I win because I took my last prize before shuffling Lumineon V into my deck or do I lose because Lumineon V get shuffled in before taking my last prize?
A. Everything has to resolve before you check for win conditions, and in this scenario both players have achieved one win condition; the game would then be resolved by either Sudden Death or a Tiebreaker Game. However, if the opponent also has no remaining Benched Pokemon then they would lose due to 2 win conditions vs. only 1! (May 4, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== EMERGENCY JELLY (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_155>

Q. If I have a Honchkrow V with "Boss Pockets" Ability and 190 damage on it and three Emergency Jelly tool cards are attached, do all of the tool cards trigger at the same time or do they trigger sequentially?
A. They trigger in sequence, so the first Emergency Jelly would remove 120 damage and get discarded, but the second & third Emergency Jelly would not trigger since there is now more than 30 HP remaining and no more damage would be healed. (Apr 13, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back