Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Complete original, jungle, fossil set, partial R set. How much is it worth?

byujakedmb

Hey guys! So I used to collect pokemon cards a few years back (about ten years ago), and I now know very little about them.

But I have all 102 cards from the basic set (the only 1 edition being machamp x 2).

I have the complete jungle set (all 64 cards). All of the jungle set are first edition cards except: 2,3,11,13, and 39 (all the rest are 1st edition).

My fossil set is also complete (all 62 cards) with the following 1st edition: 27,30,31,34,35,37-40,42-51,54,55,57,59-62.

Then last but not least is my R set, which is incomplete. I have 5,7,13,19,23,25-27,30,33-71, 74,75,77-79, and 81. All of those are fisrt edition except 45.

Then I have promo cards 5 and 8.

Does anyone know about how much I could sell these for? Are they worth much at all? Thanks for your help!

-Jake

Hi!

The value of the sets has a lot to do with the condition of the cards, as their value drop drastically if they are not mint/near mint. That's because the cards you own only have value for collectors. Also, I think that the random 1st editions are probably not worth a lot more than the unlimited ones because they aren't all 1st edition (and because the 1st edition ones are not the rare ones).

An unlimited, complete and mint base set seems to be going for around a hundred dollars, 80-100 maybe.

An unlimited, complete jungle collection would go for around 70 dollars, even less.

And I can't say about the Team Rocket set as you don't have all the cards. You could sell the most valuable ones (=the holo ones) as singles. In that case 5=Dark Dragonite --> 3-5 d, 7=Dark Golbat -->6 d, 13=Dark Vileplume -->6 d. That is if they're mint/near mint.

Maybe checking ebay.com helps?

If i complete the jungle so it was all 1st edition and in mint condition, how much do you think that would go for?

it would depend on if you got any error cards.

I think their is some errors in which all the holo cards didnt have a jungle symbol. Not sure if this applied to 1st Editions though.

One error of the 1st edition set was the d edition Butterfree also.

But if its all corrected versions of Jungle and its mint condition, I say $120 on ebay is what I would appraise the set at.

This one sold for $115 + $10 shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-1ST...ltDomain_0&hash=item43a9fe22a9#ht_3078wt_1163

but that seller is well known and has tons of feedback, and generally his auctions go for higher than most other sellers' do. I'd say you could get around $105 total at the moment, give or take a bit depending on your luck. Collectibles prices are going up, so it's a good time to sell, especially at the holiday season.

(There are no 1st edition Jungle error holos, just Unlimited ones)

You could probably make more if you sold each holographic card individually since they're 1st edition, then sell the rares, uncommons, and commons as lots.

As for the Fossil ones, they aren't worth nearly as much as the Jungle 1st editions because none of your holos are 1st edition. I'd estimate the total value of that set to be $45 or so, depending on the buyer.

The Base Set varies in price but with a full Mint set you should expect to get anywhere from $60-$75, again depending on the buyer and how persistent you are.

None of the Team Rocket cards are especially valuable, although the 1st Edition Dark Dragonite is nice. The rest with promos included can probably sell for $16-$18.

Hope this helped!

Not sure if I was lucky or what, but I purchased a complete NM set of 1st ed Jungle from T&T for $30.

You can almost always pick up a 1st Edition Jungle set for under $100. $80ish is about average.

Back