Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Computer/Windows 7 help

Porii Sames

OK, so about a month ago my computer got a virus. My dad and me cleared it with some help from AVG, but long story short after that I have to run everything on my computer as an administrator. If I don't, it pops up with this little message that says something along the lines of "choose the program you want to use to open the file" and then no matter what i choose it won't let me open it. ANd some things I can't run as administrator and therefore cannot open them. Anybody got any info?

thanks a bunch

1/ The Lazy Fix. (Win 7)

Right Click, Compatibility, check run as administrator.
ok, meaning that program will always run as admin.

2/ Try To Fix It.

Here's what i am thinking the virus may have come back somehow and is infecting the files but somehow AVG is blocking part of it?

-
Get Maleware Bytes (it's free)
- Run in Safe Mode, then Run malewarebyes
- Quarantine whatever it is.

Poof. Should Work :)
If not post back here :)

Why get malwarebytes over microsoft security essentials? If you have any windows OS you get MSE for free. It is a malware + virus scan program that is made and maintained by microsoft.

Malwarebytes IMO is a lot more dependable/trustworthy, and it's not Microsoft. There has yet to be something out there MBAM hasn't found whenever I use it. Granted I haven't tried Security Essentials (never bothered installing it nor was it preinstalled for me because I have Vista), and I've heard MSE is supposed to be ok all things considered, but it's always good to have a second opinion I'd think, and MBAM is extremely good at what it does.

I use MSE on all my computers. That would be 6 different machines running a mix of XP, XP Pro, Vista 32, Vista Ultimate 64, Win7 32 and Win7 64.

I would rather work with WSE than Norton or McAfee...

A few days ago, my dad had a really lovely Trojan on his Win7 machine, I ran a full WSE scan and got it killed out in about a minute.

It does what I need and want it to do, so I will stick with it.

The end all solution is to reinstall Windows 7. What all were doing/installed from the internet. A lot of different factors can make something not work. Many UAC is acting up .

MSE Is good, probably one of the best Microsoft Programs out there (and it's free!),
but I personally have used Malewarebytes longer and it works like a charm with many Virus issues, Trojans, ect maleware.

The only issue I ever had with Malewarebytes is is couldn't remove the NT Shell # whatever Registry Trojan.
Works for everything else I ever ran into.

After dealing with viruses on an almost daily basis here's my advice

Restart in safe mode (F8)

Run Malwarebytes
Run Super Anti Spyware
Run MSE for a full scan

Restart in normal mode

if this hasn't fixed the problem then...

1) What are you experiencing exactly, Screenshots help with diagnostics. (Ctrl + Shift + Prt Scrn)
2) If everything is backed up? Reinstall
3) If you aren't comfortable working on it yourself take it to a local shop. BTW Local shop =/= bestbuy

Back