Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Conductivity Vs Energy Shower???

Spectreon

Conductiviy says that for every energy your opponent plays from their hand, place 1 damage counter on that Pokemon

Energy Shower is an Attack that allows you to play any # of basic energy from your hand to as many Pokemon as you want.

I know it is not exact text for these two, but it is pretty close. Nothing on Compedium from D Amphy really answers this question. I asked it a while back in ATM, and someone else has now too, but I needed other opinions while I wait.... Does Amphys power apply to Flygons attack, or is it refering to the energy placement before you attack???

I think it would trigger the Conductivity b/c it doesn't say on the power that it has to be before your opponent's attack and the attack energy shower attaches the energy from his HAND to his pokemon. Conductivity does 10 damage for every energy they attach from their HAND to their Pokemon.

Except
Q. Will Rain Dance trigger Dark Ampharos' Conductivity Pokemon Power or Crobat's Triggered Poison attack effect?
A. They both would be triggered. (Jun 19, 2003 WotC Chat, Q2018)
While i believe the intent is only for the one free energy card attachment, it is open ended so any energy attached from your hand will trigger it. Like Roselia's attack which i was going to ask about (but noticed Spectreon had already asked about Rayquazza ex's attack) just to get a definite answer.

haven't we had this discussion about attach on the old gym? The rulling that BJJ quotes suggests that my recollection of that discussion is faulty :( I was sure that attach in the context of energy refered to your once per turn energy attachment.

Ah well its only by having my assumptions challenged that I truely learn.

PokePop said:
We had a long discussion about this at the 12/4 rules meeting...
And we have not reached a conclusive answer yet. Like 'Pop said, "stay tuned".

Thanks,
- CHRISBO

NoPoke said:
haven't we had this discussion about attach on the old gym? The rulling that BJJ quotes suggests that my recollection of that discussion is faulty :( I was sure that attach in the context of energy refered to your once per turn energy attachment.

Ah well its only by having my assumptions challenged that I truely learn.

And conversely, it's by challenging rulings that logical Judging frameworks can be properly built.

it should. they attach energy from their hand at any time and it does 10 damage.

Prime, it is considered that the Power works on normal energy attachment (once per turn), plus cards that let you break the rule with Trainers and Powers. Since this is an attack, it is possible that it would get under power....

And on a side note, Ampharos EX's power doesnt do any damage.....

it is considered by you. But the card doesn't say that. The card says WHENEVER you opponent lays an energy from their hand. That would count with BH venusaur, and with flygon. Are you not laying a energy from your hand? Yes. Don't give me all this, "Well the public sees it as this and not that" because a public can see a card used in any way they want but that doesn't mean the card is played like that.

Prime: We and PUI thought it worth considering or we wouldn't have sent it to Japan for review.
There are existing rulings that fall on both sides.
It wasn't clear to the Rules Team.

Simmadownnow Prime. I know some people would be HAPPY if Conductivity didn't activate from Energy Shower... Gee, I wonder who... lol
-Swampert

I'm not mad or anything. And I know that if there is any contrversy, that they should be taken to japan. I'm just pointing out that it says whenever your opponent lays an energy. I mean theres never been a power that wasn't active when someone attacked. That would be so crappy for Crystal Suicune lol.

When I said it doesn't matter what the community thinks, I meant that we might play a card a certain way because it sounds that way, but japan doesn't go by what we think the card says. So the community might think that the power only applies to your one energy per turn rule, but japan doesn't care the community thinks, atleast the us community, they make their own rules.

Japan has final say on all rulings.
We running into problems because there are rulings that treat all energy attachments the same and then there are others that say "when [you or your opponent] attach and energy card" and it has been ruled to only mean the one free energy attachment per turn.
We feel that it needs more consistancy.

In the meantime, you can use similar rulings for Dark Ampharos' Conductivity and Venusaur's Harvest Bounty.

Theres a differences between when your opponent lays an energy, and whenever. Whenever means at any time, and when means at the point of time. Totally different words.

Ok, drudging this back up, I noticed that there are new ruling updates, but this was not mentioned... Just wondering, is it still being debated, sent to japan, or just plain forgotten.... PLMK, thanx....

Back