Contest help!

Canadian Bacon

this is my Lanturn now:
Lanturn/44
Rain Dance-tough
Thunder-cool
Surf-beauty
ice beam-beauty

i am about to use him in a cool contest. can you help me with a moveset that will be good against beating the elite four (i still havnt beat them yet. i have gotton to beat 3 of drakes dragons) and also in battles, but will still be good in the contest too? If you get rid of rain dance youd better think of a way to teach it to him again after i win the contest. then again... i might go with Thunderbolt, surf, ice beam, and confuse ray. i must have ice beam for beating drake. please help me with this team.

try using this moveset it already has, give it the held item to boost whichever contest you want to enter. this instance, Cool. Raise his Coolness up as much as possible. then go into the contest like this, Thunder, Rain Dance, Thunder, Rain Dance, Thunder

RD+T=contest combo, so you can build up some serious points. Alot of timing and luck comes into play too, all you need to do is get the crowd going once and it is a almost sure fire win with combos.

PS, I usually try to win contest by using non-battling Pokemon. I have 1 set for battles, and one for contest. Movesets are hard to pull off that are effective for both.

Also, deleting Ice Beam isnt that big a deal, you can buy another one, and reteach. Same goes for Surf and Thunder. Might as well keep Dance on him since you already taught it to him (I hope you bred it, and didnt waste your TM!!!)

I know that i can reteach him ice beam, but it costs a lot of money to get enough coins to buy ice beam. i did teach it the tm rain dance. it is too much work to breed someone and raise them again. his moves arient good enough to win. in the cool contest using the combo rain dance surf, a beauty move, is a lot more effective than using rain dance thunder, a cool move. can any one else think of a better moveset?

Oh and It is easy to teach the same pokemon moves that are not only for battles but,contests as well
look at any dragon-type pokemon with DDance,AA,*other dragon move*,Hyper Beam. thats what I have on Tyrannitar,use DD then whatever dragon move you have .If that sends you to the top use AA if not then just use DD again. then at the end use Hyper Beam and you get an easy win,I also used that on Rayquaza.*hugs Rayquaza*

Last edited:
Back