Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

CotD REWIND Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

Alright PokeGym Members!! Here is your chance to request for a CotD Rewind!! Please use the CotD Library and link your card and Request Here!!

Please review the Previous Posts to make sure we don't duplicate cards over and over. Remember some cards have gained in Playability and others have Tanked.. so here is YOUR chance to 'FLEX' your Pokemon Muscle and see what YOU think is the BEST card out there!

Another request, Note if it is a Card identified for the MD-On Rotation and provide A Review so YOU will actually be in the FIRST POST! (The first Member recommending the Rewind will be the Review in the first post!)
FROM Alakalen:"Can we have second look COTD of this with DCE and Garchomp now." If Len gives the CotD Staff a Review of why Manectric is so Good now or is possibilities After Rotation, we will include it on the REWIND post!

Enjoy!!

Mgmt.

Rotom MD

This card should receieve a second look for the simple reason that it can be a setup engine in the new format. With the ongoing talk of Bronzong SF + Engineer's Adjustment as an engine, Rotom could suffice as an above average starter that gets you 2 energy back for the price of 0. Yes, it does have low HP, but, the great thing is that you can run Charon's Choice to switch to another Rotom out of nowhere and catch your opponent off guard by attacking them with an oven or even a fan! In conclusion, Rotom MD should be looked at because it will jump to the top of the list of viable starters for the 2010-2011 format.

Rotom MD

This card should receieve a second look for the simple reason that it can be a setup engine in the new format. With the ongoing talk of Bronzong SF + Engineer's Adjustment as an engine, Rotom could suffice as an above average starter that gets you 2 energy back for the price of 0. Yes, it does have low HP, but, the great thing is that you can run Charon's Choice to switch to another Rotom out of nowhere and catch your opponent off guard by attacking them with an oven or even a fan! In conclusion, Rotom MD should be looked at because it will jump to the top of the list of viable starters for the 2010-2011 format.

Seconded. It can, with that combo, be comparable to a Holon's Castform. Not quite as good maybe because of being dependent on Engineer's Adjustments, but I won many games in the DS period because my opponent had no ∂ Pokemon benched and couldn't draw so Holon's Castform had its drawbacks as well.
Waynegg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128950
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128951
My card has never been reviewed, it is Mothim from Arceus. Also, I would like to review Mothim from MD
I believe this deck has a lot of potential next season as a substitute for Speedrill. The deck can run this Mothim and Mothim from MD(which has not been reviewd yet either).
The deck can function without claydol, it just needs Uxie and a stable trainer engine to function. Aditionally, it could also use Spiritomb from Arceus to set up. The deck really just needs to build up a bench of 3 diffrent burmy and evolve them asap, then use Mothim AR for support, and then Mothim MD as the main attacker. Mothims can evolve easily from any burmy. The deck would need Pkmn communication, Pkmn collector, and maybe other ball trainers.
Mothim has a lot of potential too because the set-up can be very consistent with only needing stage 1`s out, which can easily be attained with Spiritomb or a trainerésupporter engine(or both).

Venusaur RUMBLE

With 140 HP, and Giga Drain for 50, this grass monster can out-tank Torterra UL itself. Attach an Expert Belt and you're doing and healing 70 damage per turn. It is slower than Torterra, and its Stage 1 has less HP than Grotle; however, it should be a serious consideration for the new format.

Shaymin PL Lv X 127/127
~Why would such a card, that, hasn't received attention for nearly 2 seasons, command your attention now? It's fairly simple. After the rotation to MD-On, Grass Pokemon are going to have some of the best support out there; with cards such as Torterra SF and Sunflora HGSS. Shaymin only adds to that support.

~This card will take your opponent by surprise with 110 damage for ONLY 2 energy the turn after your grass Pokemon is knocked out. Which is amazing, AND, on top of that, you can move any amount of your energy to another one of your Pokemon that you may be setting up, after you attack. Then the following turn, proceed to retreat with it's FREE retreat cost and bring up your main attacker and start taking more prizes. By that Shaymin simply sitting on your bench; it will make your opponent attack differently since they are going to have to account for the 110 damage payback for knocking out ANY of your grass Pokemon .

~Finally, this particular Shaymin has 2 great qualities going for it:
1. Shaymin UL has an amazing Poke-Power that allows you to move your energy around.
2. Most players will expect you to be playing Shaymin Lv. X "Land Form".. and won't see this one coming.. until it is too late.
In conclusion, Shaymin Lv X "Sky Form" can prove to be a great tech card for any grass deck needing a decent backup attacker, that won't hurt them in the long run.

I hope that wasn't too long. =/

Unown V, Legends Awakened #79

Attacks are important in the TCG. A turn not spent attacking is, to some, considered a waste of a turn. However, there are some turns spent where one hasn't the Energy to perform an attack, and happens to have a Bench slot free. So, why not use a Potion on each of your Pokemon instead of doing nothing?

Unown V is what I consider to be a canned form of Nidoqueen RR. It isn't as powerful, as its healing is an active feature rather than passive, but it is an interesting Pokemon. Taking a look at its stats, 60 HP isn't terrible as a Basic, but it is "donkable" if the only starter. Its Weakness is only P+10, with no Resistance and a Retreat Cost of 1.

30 for P is a nice amount of damage to work off of for its attack, though it has the "Earthquake" drawback of doing 10 damage to your Benched Pokemon. The attack combos obviously with its Poke-Power, the crux of why I brought this to attention: the ability to remove 2 damage counters from each of your Pokemon, at the cost of ending your turn immediately. It works better in a deck that focuses on Psychic Energy, given the attack cost, but it can sit back on the Bench (and generally should) if you want it to.

Lacking Poke-Turn and Garchomp C Lv.X, non-SP decks are limited in options for healing. All Unown V asks for is one slot in your deck out of 60, a Bench spot to work from, and to give you a vacation when you can't attack.

Possible combos include:
Nidoqueen RR#15 - Remove 2 damage counters from each Pokemon via Unown V, then a total of two more as you go from your turn, to theirs, and back again, for a total of healing 40 from each. It tends to be unnecessary, unless against spreader decks, and even then Nidoqueen can usually handle herself with the passive Maternal Comfort.
Typhlosion (Prime) - Spread the Afterburners you throw around, then heal off all of the damage.

While we're mentioning shining Pokemon, I'd like to nominate Alakazam ☆ (EX Crystal Guardians 99).
displayimage.php

Dark Slowking from TRR

1. it was never reviewed, I think
2. the card is just plain awesome
3. It's just sooo awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back