Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Could old amber rick roll any more?

GodTrainer

I mean really what were they thinking?!

Why is it, that all the "rulings" seem to make cards worse!

extra extra now here this! old amber...is a fossil !

*everyone ooooooo's and awwwwwww's"

(little timmy) " o ok, so I can use cards that find fossils to find old amber right"

(evil PUI) NO TIMMY *loud thunder crashing*no no well.... not quite

(little timmy scared)"aaa ok....why"

(evil PUI)"well you see because of teh strange comic shift in the earth, PUI and japan got together to give you a card that has all the downsides of a fossil with none of the benafits!"

(evil PUI) mhuhahahahahahahah

If Aerodactyl wasn't difficult to get out, it would be ridiculous and may even have become a staple card in practically every deck. The same Poke-Body as Shiftry, a Stage 2 EX, in a Stage 1 whose basic is immune to bench damage? Yes please.

I think that they got the balance right with this card.

...Old Amber rick rolls?

Aerodactyl: *upon revival* "NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN~~"

*sigh*

It's not like Kabuto can't find your Old Amber, nor Holon Fossil can find your Aerodactyls anyway. :/ It's silly to have the wording on Fossil Excavator be restrictive like that, but how much difference does it make? It's kinda like saying "Oh darn, Holon Fossil can't find Cranidos or Shieldon!"

Perhaps they tested it and found it too dangerous if it were searchable. The official PCL release about Old Amber is here. So yeh I guess old amber could rick roll some more.

It's not really a ruling. It's a fact. All of the fossil search cards say look for a card with fossil in it's name. Does old amber have fossil in it's name.

Man, fossils will have to run Girafarig or Furret now...

Yeah but it's pretty stupid how Old Amber isn't a "fossil" technically. Still, Zapdos+OldAmber+Aerodactyl=beast

I don't think it's a major problem.

If anyone is really desperate they could use the Girafarig from SW (or MT, can't remember) with the attack that searches for trainers?

There is no reason to use Girafarig over Mawile CG. Infact, there is no reason not to use Relicanth to simply laugh as you grab 3 Holon Fossils an get Aerodactyl out anyway.

Okay, here's a schooling lesson since you need it!!

Fossils are Fossils. Bones of prehistoric animals (POKEMON) that have been FOSSILIZED.

Got me so far?

Old Amber is Amber. Amber is dried up tree sap, which sometimes contains prehistoric bugs, leaves, etc, inside it. Like in this case, Old Amber contains Aerodactyl's DNA. Just like Fossilized bones contain DNA. Think of it like the Jurassic Park Movies.

The light shining trough yet?

Amber is not a Fossil. They are completely different things!! So it makes since that Fossil Excavator can't search for something that's NOT a FOSSIL!

As to the Game Mechanics, the card doesn't have Fossil in Its name. There you go!

*DIIINGG*

Class is over. I want a 5 page report on what you learned today! Due next week!

Last edited:
Back