Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Couple of Fall Ex Tin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrataxe

1. First, does anyone actually know the release date? Ebay has it all over the place, ranging from Sept 12th to Oct 5th.

2. From everything I've heard, the MSRP is $20...why? Four packs and a promo have always been 15-16 haven't they? If I remember correctly, the Arceus "Walmart" tins had 5 packs and a promo and ran $20. I never could figure out why the EX's were presaling for $10, that's insane for a promo...but, now it makes more sense.

3. Bonus question: My store told me the MSRP for Pokemon packs is 3.99...so, why does EVERY retail store sell them at about 4.18? The old logic was because of the online codes (even though the MSRP never changed)...but, now that PTCGO has flopped pretty hard, when will we see packs fall to 3.81 (to make up for the extra .18 we paid for online codes that have been worthless)?

I have never spent more than four dollars on a pack of Pokemon cards. "EVERY" retail store does not sell them for $4.18. Do you have sales tax in your state?

I think 3 packs and a promo has been $15. I may be wrong. Either way, your just paying an extra $4 for the nice shiny tin and one of the most expensive EXs in the game (or soon to be if rayquaza goes big). Seems fair.

MSRP = Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price

My dentists suggests that I floss twice a day. Doesn't mean I do.

I understand it is suggested, that wasn't the point of my question. The point was, why is the MSRP $20 instead of the 15-16 it has been historically.

I have never spent more than four dollars on a pack of Pokemon cards. "EVERY" retail store does not sell them for $4.18. Do you have sales tax in your state?

I do have sales tax, which puts packs at about 4.50 or so out the door. My store actually sells them for 3.93 just so the the tax comes out to 4.25 even, makes the math easy.

I think 3 packs and a promo has been $15. I may be wrong. Either way, your just paying an extra $4 for the nice shiny tin and one of the most expensive EXs in the game (or soon to be if rayquaza goes big). Seems fair.

I'm pretty sure it's been 4 packs. And, as far as getting expensive Ex's, that was true for the first EX tins, the Reshi/Zekrom tins, Garchomp C tins, and so many other cards. I just don't get why they bumped the MSRP 33% while offering the same amount of product. Don't get me wrong, I CAN understand, it just seems like a horrible business model.

Speaking of value, I needed a victini tin today (for the card) and grabbed one for 18 bucks at Walmart. the card, the tin, figure and 5 noble victories packs included. That's $3.60/pack and that doesn't even include whatever value you may personally give to the tin, the fliptini, the online codes and the figure. Not bad.

Packs up here in Canada can come out a whopping $5.50 including taxes from a $4.99 before tax price. Zellers sells them for $5.99 and came out to $6.71...

Tins on the other hand come up to >$21...

Luckily there are stores in my Vancouver area which can do tins for C$13 and packs for $3.00 (all legit)

2. From everything I've heard, the MSRP is $20...why? Four packs and a promo have always been 15-16 haven't they? If I remember correctly, the Arceus "Walmart" tins had 5 packs and a promo and ran $20.

Why. Simple they know how powerful mewtwo ex and darkrai ex are and they know people will buy them. Tacking 5 dollars on the price of a tin still makes it a good deal for a darkrai/mewtwo and 4 packs.

speaking of reprints, When will we see another pokemon catcher re-release?

So ppl dont have to always buy emerging powers

Packs up here in Canada can come out a whopping $5.50 including taxes from a $4.99 before tax price. Zellers sells them for $5.99 and came out to $6.71...

Tins on the other hand come up to >$21...

Luckily there are stores in my Vancouver area which can do tins for C$13 and packs for $3.00 (all legit)

I'm in Vancouver as well. Where are these stores exactly?

I'm in Vancouver as well. Where are these stores exactly?

There's a store in Crystal Mall just about 10 minute walk from metrotown. Its in the upper level.

Theres a store in Surrey Place Mall (Where I go to league, Craving for a game) which sells packs for $4 and no tax. The owner is quite kind.

Theres a store in the same Surrey Place Mall called pastime, They buy NM/M Commons and uncommons. They buy at t $1 an inch thick for store credit. They sell DGX, EP, SV, and ARC packs for $3.99 before tax, and spring 2012 tins for i think $14.99?

Why. Simple they know how powerful mewtwo ex and darkrai ex are and they know people will buy them. Tacking 5 dollars on the price of a tin still makes it a good deal for a darkrai/mewtwo and 4 packs.

Again, I bring up the word "historically." The same was true of Garchomp C and it wasn't a $20 tin.

Again, I bring up the word "historically." The same was true of Garchomp C and it wasn't a $20 tin.

I started playing with black and white. My question is what other tins were released with garchomp c. Mewtwo darkrai and rayquaza are the top exs in there respective sets and are all going to see alot of play. Can the same be said for the other tins released with garchomp c

I started playing with black and white. My question is what other tins were released with garchomp c. Mewtwo darkrai and rayquaza are the top exs in there respective sets and are all going to see alot of play. Can the same be said for the other tins released with garchomp c

Indeed. Garchomp C Lv.X was one of the most dominant cards in the format at the time and a part of several archetypes.

If I remember right, they released Rayquaza C Lv. X, Garchomp C Lv. X, and a non-SP Lv. X. Of those, Garchomp was the only really dominant one.

That's not because they chose to release non-dominant cards, it's because there were no other really good options. Once Uxie was released as a league promo and Garchomp as a tin promo, almost every deck in entire format could be bought for about $15 a card at most (in Dialga's case). The only outlier was Luxray GL Lv. X, which I think dropped to around the price Darkrai is now, and you could get away with just one Luxray.

According to distributor websites, the release date is the 12th and according to the sell sheets, the msrp is $16.

Hope that helps

If I remember right, they released Rayquaza C Lv. X, Garchomp C Lv. X, and a non-SP Lv. X. Of those, Garchomp was the only really dominant one.

That's not because they chose to release non-dominant cards, it's because there were no other really good options. Once Uxie was released as a league promo and Garchomp as a tin promo, almost every deck in entire format could be bought for about $15 a card at most (in Dialga's case). The only outlier was Luxray GL Lv. X, which I think dropped to around the price Darkrai is now, and you could get away with just one Luxray.

Charizard G Lv.X, Was the other tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back