Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cradily/Weezing Strategy

Fantasy Fox

This strategy is for 2-on-2 play only.

Use Cradily and Weezing(R&S) as actives. Cradily stops opponents active from retreating, so use Weezing's Posion Smog to poison both of his active Pokemon as well as damaging his bench. If there's a really strong active there, you can confuse it with Weezing's Confusion Gas attack. What do you think about this?

There are quite a lot of ways of countering this strategy actually...Switch, Double Full Heal, etc.

Could anybody please reply here?
Tell me if this is a good or bad idea cause I'm gonna make a deck based on this strategy.
Can anybody please help me get new combos using Cradily?

Cradily is a very good deck in 2-on-2. I experimented with it for a while when we spent some time introducing the 2-on-2 rules at league (mostly a casual play environment).

I started out wanting to abuse the Poisoned Pokemon's inability to retreat. Cradily and Breloom (Sandstorm) did not work, as Breloom had problems being a factor except its first attack to Poison both Defending Pokemon for 1 colorless energy.

Then I tried out Cradily & Weezing (Ruby & Sapphire) and got the best of both worlds. A different Weakness, Poisoning both Defending Pokemon with Bench damage, and Confusion for defensive purposes. It worked out so well that I did not even try out my third option (Sandstorm Arbok, for its defensive power and Toxic attack).

As you said, as long as they are unable to counter it with Double Full Heal or Switch trainers, it works very well. Even if they do counter it , Lure Poison up another Pokemon and start the process over again; eventually, they will run out of counters, and Cradily + Weezing will do that much better.

Oooh, you mean you got this combo before me?

I thought I started it first because I don't see any decks using this...anyway you got it first and it doesn't matter as long as this combo can be used.

Back