Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Create-A-Stadium

GuardianTIM

Okay - I want to do a Create-A-Card Contest, but this time, instead of making Pokemon, let's all go and create a Stadium.

This contest will go until the 30th of November, so just less than 2 weeks time.

Be sure to insert:-

Name - (we need to know what it's called, dammit!) :)
Picture- (What image is on the card? Is it appropriate? Is it interesting?)
Effects - (Are they balanced with other Stadiums/Abilities? Do they make sense, or will there be confusion in it's interpretation? Is the card useful to anyone, or just one type of deck?)

So don't be shy - Post your Stadiums here!

(Also, I don't mind if you post a link to an image of your Card, but be sure that it is your own work. Plaigarism=0 points)

Anyways, there is no numerical scoring system - I'll let you know of my Top3 by the 5th of December, if I can get online. [Edit - I've now designed a scoring system - please check my post (post #16) for the details]
Sorry about the shouting just there, but I wouldn't want anyone to miss it. :p

I'm looking forwards to your ideas.

Last edited:
This is one that I created for my original set, the "Ancient Ruins."

Name: Ancient Temple
Picture: A Holo Picture of the ruins of an old temple located in what appears to be an ancient city.
Effects: Every time you play Ancient Temple, search in your deck for Pokemon with the name Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Cradilly, (the Bug/Rock one), and (its evolution). If you have any, place one of them into your hand.

name: removal hall
picture: 2 big TV with energy removal pic in it
effects: once during your turn u may flip 2 coins,discard the number of energy equal to the number of heads attach to 1 of your opponent's pokemon and return the number of energy equal to number of tails back to your hand attach to 1 of your pokemon(opponent chooses which to return)

Last edited:
Youngster Arena
Trainer Card (Stadium Card)

No Pokémon other than Basic Pokémon may be in play, and no Evolution cards may be played. If, when this card is played, there are Stage 1 Pokémon, Stage 2 Pokémon, or Basic Pokémon evolved from Baby Pokémon or another Basic Pokémon in play, that player removes all damage counters from that Pokémon and return all Evolution cards to his or her hand.

Picture: All nine Baby Pokémon (Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, and Wynaut) are standing posed for a portrait. All of them appear to be ready to launch an attack.

Last edited:
PokemonGeek said:
This is one that I created for my original set, the "Ancient Ruins."

Name: Ancient Temple
Picture: A Holo Picture of the ruins of an old temple located in what appears to be an ancient city.
Effects: Every time you play Ancient Temple, search in your deck for Pokemon with the name Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Cradilly, (the Bug/Rock one), and (its evolution). If you have any, place one of them into your hand.
Err herm Ancient Ruins is already a card dude

Heres mine

Bay Side Gym
Effect:All Energys count as water(this over rules all pokemon powers such as tyranitar charizard ditto etc...

Scary Stadium
Stadium Card
(stadium rule)
EFFECT:
Unless a player's active pokemon is knocked out and that player has no evolved pokemon on their bench, no baby or basic pokemon may become active for either player.

PICTURE:
A Gengar, a Feraligatr, and an Ariados tower over an Igglybuff and a Jigglypuff. The two pokemon cower in a corner as the evolved pokemon use their Scary Face attack.

Last edited:
penguin_master said:
Scary Stadium
Stadium Card
EFFECT:
Unless a player's active pokemon is knocked out and that player has no evolved pokemon on their bench, no baby or basic pokemon may become active for either player.

PICTURE:
A Gengar, a Feraligatr, and an Ariados tower over an Igglybuff and a Jigglypuff. The two pokemon cower in a corner as the evolved pokemon use their Scary Face attack.
This is getting fun
Wow this looks cool

Flannery's Volcanoe

EFFECT:
All :fire: type pokemon are now twice as powerful.

PICTURE:
Flannery swimming in the lava of a volcanoe.

Dragon's Holy Land

Picture: A large grassy field surrounded by mountains with a river running through. There is a close-up of a sleeping Dragonite. In the background is a Charizard in the sky and a Kingdra swimming in the river.

Once during their turn (before an attack) a player may remove 1 damage counter from every one of their :colorless pokemon with a :colorless weakness.

Silver Confrence Championship Stadium
Picture: Two trainer pictures on a screen with a roulette wheel with symbols of Water, Fire, Grass, and Rock on it.

You must have a Fire, Water, Grass, or Fighting energy in your hand to play this card. When playing this card, play one energy card beside this card. Apply the effect specified below of the energy you layed down.

Water: All Water type Pokemon take one less energy to retreat, but to retreat, they must flip a coin, if tails, the Pokemon cannot retreat.

Fire: All Fire type Pokemon increase their base damage by 10 (Before applying weakness and resistance). All Fire type Pokemon take 10 more damage from attacks that do damage to them (before applying weakness and resistance).

Fighting: All Fighting type Pokemon take 10 less damage by attacks (after applying weakness and resistance). All Fighting type Pokemon do 10 less damage from their attacks (after applying weakness and resistance).

Grass: When a Grass pokemon is played, search your deck for a basic Grass energy and put it on that Pokemon, shuffle your deck afterward. This also applies to evolving Pokemon and Pokemon in play when this card is played. Those Grass Pokemon cannot attack the turn they are placed active. If this effect is used multiple times on the Bench, the attack delays apply for each time the effect used. (Example: A Treecko played on the bench evolves into Grovyle into Sceptile before it is ever put active, will have a 3 turn delay before attacking.)

This card is to create some unpredictability for the game, it causes the Trainer to adapt to any situation, just like in the Silver Confrence in Pokemon: Master Quest. It ads a negative aspect to every positive, and you must create a different strategy for each effect.

Here's a good one:

Magnetic Field

Picture: A picture of a Totodile chasing a Water Energy symbol. A Electabuzz, chasing a Lightning Energy symbol, is clearly visible far away. The background is blank navy blue with some smokes and glittering metal powder.

Effect: Once during each player's turn, each player must flip a coin. If heads, the player may continue as usual. If tails, the player can't attach any energy card to his or her active Pokemon. Instead, the player must attach an energy card from one of his or her benched Pokemon to his or her active Pokemon. If the player don't have any benched Pokemon or don't have energy cards attached to his or her benched Pokemon, ignore this card's effect.

Last edited:
Name: Royal Palace
Effect: Each player can play two supporters per turn instead of one.
Whenever a supporter is played that player discards the top card from his or her deck.
Picture: A king holding a magnificient golden staff facing the dazzling Ho-Ho flying over him outside of a gigantic palace with villagers surrounding the palace.

Ghost's Haven
(Stadium Ruling)

Picture: Multiple ghost type Pokemon circle around an Umbreon, Sneasel, and Houndour

Prevent any weakness effects on all Pokemon with Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet, or Banette in its name.

Last edited:
CoolTrainer Aaron, I'll announce the winner some time after the 30th (hopefully within a week of that date).

When I started this contest, I didn't have a point system figured out, so here it is:-
1st:- Name - 5points - (it's what you call the card, silly!)
2nd:- Picture - 10points
3rd:- Wording - 10points (I understand that not everyone has a good grasp of english, so as long as I can understand what you mean, you still get points in this part.)
4th:- Balance - 15points (as mentioned before)
5th:- Usefulness - 10points (as mentioned before)

Therefore, the total score would be out of 50. My apologies about not being able to post this for a bit, but feel free to edit your cards if you wish. I'll not hold it against you, as long as it's done before the 30th.

It's okay, PokemonGeek and DarkMasterChris, I know about Ancient Ruins (heck, I used to use it in My deck), but PG's Ancient Temple will be still be okay for this contest. :)

Interesting idea with the Youngster Arena (and so many of the other stadiums posted here). It'd be funny if you had the Youngster Arena in play, and then your opponent played Scary Stadium. :)

Dragnorok, can you please clarify exactly what your Stadium does? ie- if it's twice as powerful, does it do twice as much damage, or have twice as many hit points? or is it something else? If you don't edit it, I can't give you more than 15 points, as I don't know what it does.

Last edited:
Cooltrainer Aaron, I can't see your card here - did you want to post one?

You're right, Darkmasterchris, this is looking cool. :)

Room of Darkness
Stadium Card
(Stadium Card Effect)

All Pokemon of the [D] type's attacks that require more than one [D] energy in order to use may turn one of the[D] energies into a [C] energy.

Pic: Agloomy room with a frightened Marshtomp in the center in what seems to be the only light. In the dark section behind the Marshtomp a Houndoom is running up for a crunch attack.

OK, GuardianTIM is having some problems seeing my post, so I'm gonna re-post it here. Letting you know that I'm not doing this to take up room or belittle the competition, I am posting to correct a glitch and nothing more.

Silver Confrence Championship Stadium
Picture: Two trainer pictures on a screen with a roulette wheel with symbols of Water, Fire, Grass, and Rock on it.

You must have a Fire, Water, Grass, or Fighting energy in your hand to play this card. When playing this card, play one energy card beside this card. Apply the effect specified below of the energy you layed down. [Edit] This effect is applied for the entire time this card is in play. The chosen effect cannot be switched unless a new Silver Confrence Championship Stadium is played.

Water: All Water type Pokemon take one less energy to retreat, but to retreat, they must flip a coin, if tails, the Pokemon cannot retreat.

Fire: All Fire type Pokemon increase their base damage by 10 (Before applying weakness and resistance). All Fire type Pokemon take 10 more damage from attacks that do damage to them (before applying weakness and resistance).

Fighting: All Fighting type Pokemon take 10 less damage by attacks (after applying weakness and resistance). All Fighting type Pokemon do 10 less damage from their attacks (after applying weakness and resistance).

Grass: When a Grass pokemon is played, search your deck for a basic Grass energy and put it on that Pokemon, shuffle your deck afterward. This also applies to evolving Pokemon and Pokemon in play when this card is played. Those Grass Pokemon cannot attack the turn they are placed active. If this effect is used multiple times on the Bench, the attack delays apply for each time the effect used. (Example: A Treecko played on the bench evolves into Grovyle into Sceptile before it is ever put active, will have a 3 turn delay before attacking.)

This card is to create some unpredictability for the game, it causes the Trainer to adapt to any situation, just like in the Silver Confrence in Pokemon: Master Quest. It ads a negative aspect to every positive, and you must create a different strategy for each effect.

No problems, Aaron. I can see it now. Actually, now I can see both of them, but that's okay.

Just a few more days left before I start the judging, folks! So if you haven't already posted, now's the time to do so. (No, you can't win prizes, this is just for fun - but if you want prizes, talk to the Fuscia Antelope standing beside you. :) )

Back