Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Create a Tropius(Contest Over)

treecko_332

Tropius if one of R/S less known Pokemon. It gets less resept(in my opinion) than it deserves. So, if you argee(or even if you disargee)with me creature a troipus card to be judged by this rubric:

Name: 3 points you may use any prefix/suffix ever used in Pokemon for this contest.

Type: 2 points

Rarity:3 points

Picture Discription: 2 points try to be as discriptive as you can

Weakness: 5 Points Please be apropiate for Tropius' type(the one you give it)

Resistance: 5 Points Please be apropiate for Tropius' type(thie one you give it)

Reteat:5 Points

HP: 5 Points

Attacks, Poke Bodies and Poke Powers: 15 points
You may have one of the following:
A Poke Body/Poke Power
A Poke Body/Poke Power and one or two attacks
One to three attacks

Discription/Stratagy: 5 Points Discride why you chose all the attacks and other stats and cards the card would be good with.

Please make sure the Discription/Stratagy is at the end and the next is over all neat. If you forget to do one of the areas I will tell you(via post)
and if you don't fix it in a day I will grade yours with out that area.

Oh, I allmost forgot only one entry per person!

Have fun
Treecko

Last edited:
Here you go!

Tropius
(G)
80 HP
Weakness: (R)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)
Rarity: Rare-Holo

Picture: An open field and a cloudless day. Tropius is hovering above the ground in the middle of the picture, facing right. The blades of grass are bent slightly to the right. Holographic parts are everything green -- the leaves on Tropius and the grass.

Poke-Body: Chlorophyll
If there are any (R)-type Pokemon in play, Tropius's Retreat Cost is 0.

(G)(G) Synthesis
Remove 4 damage counters from Tropius. If Tropius has fewer than 4 damage counters on it, remove all of them.

(G)(G)(C) Magical Leaf 40
This attack's damage is not affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

Description/Strategy: Tropius is a (G)-type because the only other option would have been (C), which wouldn't have made sense, considering what I had in mind for the card. Weakness and Resistance were based on the Hoppip line, which has the same types in the Game Boy games. The Poke-Body is based loosely on Tropius's Ability from the GBA game. Synthesis and Magical Leaf are both attacks Tropius learns. Synthesis became a move to heal half of the card's maximum HP. Not so useful in itself, perhaps, but not useless. Magical Leaf became a Swift-like attack -- it does exactly 40 damage unless an effect on Tropius says otherwise. The Retreat Cost is a balancing factor, and it should make players want to combo this guy with Fire cards, since they reduce this guy's Retreat Cost to 0. Magby springs to mind, although it would have to be a bench-warmer (pardon the pun). Other combo cards? It's a stretch, but this guy could work with good ol' Alakazam -- move 4 damage counters to Tropius, then Synthesis them off. Then, there's always Meganium, to double its Energy, or Harvest Bounty Venusaur to allow a double Energy attachment. This guy would probably splash in pretty well where Ledian used to go. It's a Rare-Holo because it has a Poke-Body and two pretty powerful attacks -- and because I think it would look so cool!

Blaine's Tropius
100 HP {G}
Basic Pokémon

{G}{G} Golden Spore Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If the Defending Pokémon is Paralyzed by this attack, that Pokémon remains Paralyzed during your opponent's next two turns. 10
{G}{G}{G} Sniper Drain You can't use this attack if Tropius has no damage counters on it. For each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon, move a damage counter from Blaine's Tropius to that Pokémon. This attack ends if Blaine's Tropius runs out of damage counters before you've affected all of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.
{G}{G}{G}{G}{G} Solarbeam 70

Weakness: {R}
Resistance: {F}
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}{C}
Picture: A Tropius is shown flying directly above an active volcano. You can see the smoke the volcano gives off.

Strategy: With good luck, you can disable your opponent for two turns with Golden Spore while hitting your opponent's Bench next turn using Sniper Drain. No damage counters, no problem. Just hit the Active with a Solarbeam. It works well with Damage Swap Alakazam so Sniper Drain'll work most of the time

I have one for you!

Sonrisa's Tropius
Pokémon card
{G}
90 HP
Basic Pokémon
Weakness: {R}
Resistance: {F} -30
Retreat cost: {C}{C}
{C}{C}{C} Aerial Ace 30
{G}{G}{G} Magical Leaf This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon. 50
Pic: A Tropius in the middle of a field with a lot of Sunflora around it.

Strategy: 90 HP is good for Sonrisa's Tropius as it allows it to endure damage during battle. Magical Leaf gets around those {M} Pokémon's Resistance to {G}, not to mention any damage-reducing Poké-Powers or PokéBodies.

Last edited:
:lol:I'd never have thought you'd copycat me, Sunflorazumarill!:lol:
[EDIT] So we each came up with the same idea!:lol::lol: Well, we'll see what happens.
[EDIT2] And I thought I grade tough!:lol: Seriously, though, thanks treecko. I had fun, and a 42 out of 50 is pretty good.

Last edited:
rington here are your scoresI will now judge the three entries so far submitted.

and Dkates, Sunfloraazumarill good Magical Leaf attacks (better than mine)

So Dkates here are your scores:

Name:3 points

Type:2 points you chose the better of the two types it could be.

Rarity: 2 points this card feels more like a rare, and I agree the pic would look cool holo, but...

Picture Discription:1 point Great Discription, but you didn't say what pose the Tropius is in.

Weakness:5 points

Resistance: 5 points All though Tropius isn't a flying card, I,m glad you put some flying flavor into it.

Retreat:3 points As a heavy grass Pokemon (C) (C) (C) (C) would seam like an appropiate cost, but it is part flying so I'd subtract two from that which gives you (C) (C), but the Poke Body should make it (C) (C) (C).

HP: 4 points 60-70 or 90 would have made sence, but I can't see an 80 HP Tropius. 80 HP is just in the middle of being one of those low HP Basic Pokemon or a high HP Basic Pokemon.

Attacks: 12 points The Poke Body is the only part about the attacks that isn't great, or is too good. If you play fire than it is really good, If you don't it sucks. A great center of the card though.
The other two attacks are good.

Discription:5 points If I didn't give you five shame on me! This is the most detailed discription I ever saw I want to give you 6 points for it.

Total points:42

Carrington here are your scores:

Name:2 points Why would Blane have a Tropius?

Type:2 points

Rarity:2 points Again, Tropius feels like a rare card, not Holo-Rare.

Picture Discription:1 point why would Tropius be near a Volcano, it likes grassy places.

Resistance:5 points see my note to Dkates

Retreat: 5 points

HP:3 points 100 is a little high, 60-90 would be better

Attacks:13 points The solar beam attacks is way overcosted, but I like the other attacks.

Discription:3 points you included great stratagy, just it was laking discription.

Total Points: 41

And here are Sunfloraazumarill's scores

Name:2 points I thought Sonrisa only had Sunflora

Rarity:2 points should be rare, also in the pic discription, where would there be room for the holo part.

Picture Discription:2 points

Resistance:5 points see Dkates resistance score

Retreat5 points

HP:5 points the balancing point of the card.

Attacks:13 points the attacks are great but if you only play green then there is no point to the first attack.

Discription:4 points very little stratagy, but good discription.

Total points: 47

Good luck to the rest of you and try to best Sunflora Azumarill's 47 points.

Treecko

Last edited:
Name: Tropius
Type: Grass
HP: 80
Rarity: Rare
Pic: Tropius is standing on its hind legs and its front legs are in the air and it looks as if Tropius is reaching up with its head and seems to be biting a leaf off of a tree it is standing next to. The ground it is standing on is bright green and seems to have small drops of dew on it.
Poke'Body: Sunny Day-As long as tropius is one of your active pokemon, or your only active pokemon, don't apply resistance when your grass-type pokemon attack.
Attack 1: (G) Sweet Scent-Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects from attacks, including damage, to all of your active pokemon during your opponent's next turn.
Attack 2: (G) (G) (C) Razor Wind (40)-Flip a coin, if heads you maycoose one of your opponent's benched pokemon and do 20 damage to it.
Weakness: Fire
Resistance: Fighting
Retreat Cost: (C) (C)

I gave Tropius the poke body since a lot of steel pokemon have that resistance and you see them so much, that Tropius could stop the resistance, since it is like sunny day which helps grass and fire attacks, but since tropius is grass type I didn't include fire in the poke body. Sweet Scent usually calms pokemon and doesen't really do damage in the game or anything, so I gave it an agility like effect for stalling a turn or so in regular games or 2on2 games. It doesen't do damage because sweet scent doesen't do it in the game and I made the attacks similar to the game. I gave Tropius Razor Wind because it is stronger than Razor Leaf and Tropius is half flying type, and gave it an extra effect to make it seem more desireable to use. The weakness and resistance is for his grass and flying type and his retreat is sort of lower since it is flying type but also a bib grass pokemon so 2 seemed like a good cost. 80HP seemed decent enough for him and the picture sounded good since Tropius has a long neck and can reach tall trees. Lastly, I made him rare because of how the other reviews were which is good, because he is easier to get than a holo card.

Tropius Rules!!! :clap:

GOROY, here are your results.

Picture Discription:1 point what does the tree look like

Resistance:5 points

Retreat:5 points

HP:5 points

Attacks:6 points there are some misspelled words and the sweat scent cost is overpowered. Also the Poke-Boby is not like sunny day at all

Discription:2 points there eare some misspelled words and you didn't include Stratagy.

Total Points:37

So Sunflorazumarill still holds the lead with 47 points

My Tropius

Tropius-90 HP-Grass-Basic-Holo
picture-Tropius stands with its back turned to the card. Its head is tilted so you can see the left side of its face. Its face shows the depest expresion of determination. The light of the sun gleam of Tropiuses huge body. Tropius is wading knee deep in water. Tropiuses leaves are blowing in the wind. Many palm trees surround Tropius.
PokePower-Tropical Fruit- Once per turn you may place one tropical fruit counter onto one of your pokemon. That counter counts as a pokemon tool. You may remove the tropical fruit counter at any time to remove 3 damage counters from the pokemon it was attached to. This power stops working when Tropius is affected by a Special Condition.
Attacks- (G)Giga Drain-20-Remove 1 damage counter from Tropius.
(G)(G)(G)Solar Beam-40
Weakness-Fire
Resistance-Water and Fighting
Retreat-(C)(C)(C)

Good Recovery for any deck. Tropius doesn't have to be active to use Tropical Fruit BTW.

Last edited:
ShadowOfTyranitar, your submision is not eligable. You will have to remove one of the attacks. This conest clearly states that you can't have three attacks. If you don't fix it in a day, I will score you, taking major points of for the multiple attacks.

Thank for your cooperation

Treecko

Last edited:
Well, ShadowOfTyranitar its been a day(and you did edit). Here are your scores:

Rarity:2 points Its should be rare, not holo-rare as only really, really good(broken) Tropius' should be holo-rare as really, really bad Tropius should be uncommon(this card falls into the rare catigory)

Picture Discription:1 point Backs should never face away from the card. Never.

Resistance:5 points creative. knowing that Tropius has a normal resistance to (F) I had no idea that any one would remember that grass types had resistance to water.

HP:5 points

Attacks:11 points Solar beam is Underpowered should to 50 damage. Giga drain is fine. Tropical Fruit is way overpowered. It should also remove all tropical fruit counters from all Pokemon when Tropius becomes affected by a special condition

Discription:1 point Allmost nothing there.

Total Points:40

So, its still Sunforlaazumarill in the lead with 47

Also this contest will end on sunday september, 7th(you can still post on sunday, as I will post all sunday scores and the winner on Monday the 8th)

Tropius

Tropius 80 HP (Grass)
BASIC

Picture: Tropius is leaning down so a Sandshrew can pick a banana off its neck, several other wild Pokemon are already having fruit, blue background with occasional cloud and some bushy trees in the background

Poke-Body Chlorophyll
If there are
at least 2 (Grass) Energy attached to Tropius, Tropius's Retreat Cost is 0.

(CC) Stomp 20+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage plus 30 more damage.
If tails, this attack does 20 more damage.

(GGC) Healing Fruit
Flip a coin for each (Grass) Energy attached to Tropius. For each heads, remove a damage counter from one of your benched Pokemon. For each tails, remove a damage counter from one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon (you may choose which Pokemon to remove damage counters from).

Weakness- (R)
Resistance- (W)
Retreat Cost- (CC)
Rairty- (Rare)

Chlorophyll is a good choice since in the game its ability is that. I think this is a better version of Chlorophyll than one where you must have fire Pokemon in play. You still must have 2 Grass Energy attached to it, but now no discarding.

Stomp is a basic attack for damage I guess, a pretty good one too. Healing fruit is due to its Pokedex thing about Pokemon eating fruit, and everyone'll want some, and tropius don't care who takes some, maybe the opponent's Pokemon'll take some too. This is an all around card, and when need be, retreat to the bench for free :clap: almost like a Chansey that can do some good damage.

FlygonChampion, here are your scores:

Picture Discription:2 points

Resistance:3 points Usally, Pokemon that can have two resistances(with EX3)will have both or will have on that represents a color that the Pokemon is , but is not the card type. For Tropius that would be fighting.

Retreat:2 points With a good Poke Boby like you gave Tropius, the retreat needs to be (C) (C) (C) or (C) (C) (C) (C).

HP:3 points see dkate's HP score.

Attacks:10 points Chlorophyll is overpowered. It should reduse the retreat by (C) for every two energy(not grass, but any energy).
Also stomp is toooooooooooooo good. 40 for (C) (C) is way to good even with out the fact that in can do fifty for (C) (C). Finaly, Healing Fruit is underpowered. It should cost (G) (G) (G) instead of (G) (G) (C) so that you have a good chance of removing damage counters from your own Pokemon.It should also do an added 20-30 damage. But I like the attack idea.

Discription:4 points you didn't list some combos with other cards, but still its good.

Total Points:37

This contest will end on sunday september, 7th(you can still post on sunday, as I will post all sunday scores and the winner on Monday the 8th)all posts posted after the 8th will be considered not eligale and will not be scored.

Also, the winning card will be the Tropius in my upcoming create at set.

Treecko

Last edited:
Well, dkate's I,m sory that I only now saw your edit2, but here is my reply to it.

If I hadn't seen yours in comparasin to others it would have goten around 6-7 more points. really.

This Contest will only last two more days, but if there is not an other response by 8:00 PM today the contest will end as Sunfloraazumarill will be the winner and her Tropius will go into my Create a set contest to begin soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Erika's Tropius
70HP (G) Basic Holo

Poke-power: Sweet Scent: As long as Erika's Tropius is your active Pokemon, Your opponent's active Pokemon can only attack Erika's Tropius. This Power stops working if Erika's Tropius is affected by a special condition, or if more than 1 Erkia's Tropius are your active Pokemon.

(G)(C)(C) Razor Leaf: 30

W-R
R-none
RC-CC

Pic: A Tropius in a calm pose, facing the left side of the card. Dust is exiting through his wings. Several palm trees are in the background.

Strategy:
Name: I like Gym leader Pokemon. I wanted to give my Tropius something extra.
HP: Since the Poke-Power slaps "Target" on his head, it cant be too strong.
Rarity: This card is very strong in a two on two match. I didnt want this card to be so common everyone would have 4.
Pokemon Power: This card owns 2 on 2. The ability to build up a Sneasel EX or a weak basic without fear of attack is awesome. The Power also had to be limited in the last clause, as 2 of these would cause an infinite loop. In 1on1 though, this card is horrible.
Attack 1: Razor leaf is fairly plain. While it should cost (C)(C)(C) or (G)(G) by rules of costing, i didnt want a splashable or fully commited card.
Weakness: Grass Pokemon are nearly always weak to (R).
Resistance: Giving this Pokemon a resistance would be just plain wrong. (F), its normal possible resistance would mean (F) Pokemon decks would have a horrible time in 2 on 2.
Retreat Cost: A Good Trade of for the 70HP. This Pokemon won't go running away every other turn.

Hope you liked the card. SQ7

Tropius
60 HP (G)

PokéPower: Praise the sun
Whenever you attach a Fire Energy card from your hand to one of your Fire Pokémon, you may attach one Grass Energy card to Tropius at the same time.

GG: Double Razor Leaf 30x
Flip two coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: R
Resistance: W
Retreat: C

Strategy:
This Tropius does something quite unusual, it tries to support multi-colored decks. You rarely see decks with two basic energy types anymore, but this card could fit into one. Tropius is supposed to protect and back up Fire Pokémon from their W weakness with its resistance (and the fact that some W Pokémon are weak to G), while taking benefits of the Fire Pokémon at the same time.

I chose the most natural way for him to take advantage of his Fire pals. He is a tropical Pokémon (TROPius), so he obviously appreciates the heat Fire Pokémon make. :)

Last edited:
Squirtle007, here are your scores:

Name: 3 points

Rarity:3 points for this once, holo-rare seams aceptible

Picture Discription:1 point not enough about Tropius pose

Resistance:3 points How about weakness to water?

HP:4 points 70 is a little low.

Attacks:12 points The Poke Power should be a Poke body, and the attack is underpowered, but that is okay becuase of the good Poke Power.

Discription:4 points good, but not much sratagy

Total Points:42

Now Tego, here are your scores:

Warning, as the contest is almost over I can't tell you that you didn,t put rarity or a picture discription in. You will get no points from those catagories.

Rarity:0 points

Picture Discription:0 points

Resistance:3 points fighting would have been better

Retreat:3 points to low. (C) (C) is better

HP:2 points 60 is to low

Attacks:9 points The Poke Power is to good and so is that attack, for that matter, unfortionatly, this card would not see play.

Discription:4 points good, but almost no Discription

Total points:31

So Sumfloraazumarill is still in the lead.

This contest will end on sunday september, 7th(you can still post on sunday, as I will post all sunday scores and the winner on Monday the 8th)all posts posted after the 8th will be considered not eligale and will not be scored.

Also, the winning card will be the Tropius in my upcoming create at set.

Treecko

Back