Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

cresslia lx and honchkrow g?

Typhlosion King

Would this be a good deck to build? Galactic hq does 20 to any evolved pokemon, and cresslia puts damage on sp pokemon. Honchkrow should be able to do 40 for 1 with energy gain. Put in a crobat for that suprise 10 to any pokemon.

The problem with this is the damage output. Sniping for 40 for one energy is all very well, but you need something with high damage output. Galactic HQ is nice, and Cresselia Lv.X is always good but without the raw damage the deck can't bring down the popular 130 HP stage 2 tanks. Machamp and Gigas eat this deck alive. You could try playing a pokemon SP deck with Skuntank, Toxicroak and Honchkrow G with Cresselia Lv.X moving damage. I wouldn't reccomend Crobat in there though. Play Galactic HQ as all pokemon are basic, and throw in a couple of Unown G to counter Machamp.

Off the top of my head:

4 Honchkrow G
3 Toxicroak G
2 Skuntank G
2 Cresselia Lv.X
2 Cresselia
3 Unown G
2 Uxie LA
1 Uxie Lv.X
= 19 Pokemon

4 Roseanne's Research
4 TGI Energy Gain
4 Galactic HQ
3 Great Ball
2 Level Max
3 Bebe's Search
3 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
3 TGI Poketurn

2 Rainbow Energy
2 Call Energy
5 Psychic Energy
4 Darkness Energy (B)

Please bear in mind I did this list in two minutes. It is not my finest work.

Hope I helped!

LL

Are you serious? Crobat G over Cresselia Lv X by a MILE. It's so much easier to get out and you can play multiple at once.

Honchbat is actually a serious variation of the SP deck, as it's T1-T2 50 to anywhere can be extremely disruptive. You want a Claydol? There goes your Baltoy. Want to Uxie? Power Spray.

You need to have constant heavy damage. Poisoning, relying on Stadium which Rare Candy bypasses, and a small 40 hit [which the Pokemon you're hitting have to be damaged for that 40]. Not too cool, but it can be workable with the right stuff.

The damage can add up, but cresslia is hard to get out. If you do get out cresslia lx,

20 if they evolve
10 for cresslia
40 with honchkrow.

70 for 1 is pretty good, even if rare candy gets around hq sometimes.

Which would be better, crobat ofr cresslia? cresslia is very consistant, but slow to get out. crobat and poketurn is fast and can take advantage of warp points, but it only works 6 times (I play 3 of each card).

Are you serious? Crobat G over Cresselia Lv X by a MILE. It's so much easier to get out and you can play multiple at once.

Honchbat is actually a serious variation of the SP deck, as it's T1-T2 50 to anywhere can be extremely disruptive. You want a Claydol? There goes your Baltoy. Want to Uxie? Power Spray.

Problem is, with Crobat, even with Poketurn, your filling your bench, limiting your options. Both Crobat and Cress have their place.

That being said, I wouldnt go into it without at least one Crobat floating around, in case you have no damage counters to move lol.

Not running Crobat G in a Pokemon G deck is like getting a car without any wheels; there's just no reason for it. Crobat G is SOO good in a G deck, as you can get the donk with Honchkrow or snipe away a 50 HP basic with Honchkrow, and double poisoning isn't bad for 1 w/ turn if you REALLY need to.

Back