Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Crobat Prime

Speedy Scizor

Is there some way Crobat Prime can be played? Like tiere 3 or something? And witch starter and partner would you use? Vileplume?
My first thought was straigt Crobat swarm but you know better.

best used w/ mew to abuse it early-game. lists w/ crobat prime and jumpluff being abused by mew prime are starting to pop up. They tend to be fairly good, but have a stumble-step of being one-shots for most anything that attacks. You could always run defenders to prevent stuff like yanmega and donphan from hitting for a 1 shot. 4x catcher and 4x junk arm are a must in a deck like this though cause you need to use the early attacks from a "pluff/crobat" capable mew to disrupt. GL with ur deck.

Crobat Prime is wonderful.

You have difficulty with Zekrom, Magnezone, and Trainer lock, but otherwise you sail through a LOT of stuff. The main issue is that it lacks a heavy attack. I'm playing around with Mew Prime variants that center around Crobat, Jumpluff, and Muk. Vileplume is a consideration, but I'm just not sure how comfortable I'd be running Vileplume with the current time constraints. Further testing is needed on that, though.

I especially like Crobat because it resists Donphan, which will be probably the most prominent Tier 1 attacker come BRs.

Thanks for your replies. Mew seems awesome but I don't have any Mews and I dont want to buy them couse the nearly only event I can play in is Nats. And then I am waiting for Kyurem.

I had a Crobat Prime deck I played just before Worlds: 2 Crobat Prime and 2 regular Crobats + Slowking (for manipulating their draw), Vileplume for trainer lock and a 1-1 Mismagius line for cleanup. It's a heavy setup deck so you might consider playing Pichu's Playground. Essentially, you confuse them with Crobat's attack; stop them from switching with Vileplume; poison them with Crobat Prime and then snipe overtop of them while ensuring they only ever draw in to trainers.

Will be extra tough to set this up with Catcher in format though...

Crobat Prime ALONE is a fail deck no matter how you build it out. The attacks are too small and enable your opponent to set up and roll right over you.

Crobat Prime as a tech is pretty good though. When you have a high retreat tank in front of you (Donphan, Emboar, Typhlosion, Samarout etc.), you can tap it for uber-poison and run back to the bench.

In this format, you have Zekrom and Reshiram which likes to have heavy damage from poison :/

Crobat's main problem will always be, what seems to be the weaknesses everywhere in this format. "What do you do vs Yanmega and/or Zekrom/Reshiram"? Crobat has problems vs all 3. But it is a very cost effective attacker, with good ressitance and retreat cost and one of the better HP numbers in the format.

One interesting combination i played around with was Crobat Prime + Darkrai/Cresselia LEGEND. With so much bulk in this format, a lot of things could sruvive the 120 coming back to your turn, which you could then move across your opponent's field, and let the poisoned active remain quad poisoned. Ran an easy tech Jirachi so if you wanted to devolve a bunch of stuff that was an option too.

And as said, Vileplume's always a solid partneer for conditions.

One good combo I have seen is Magnezone, Vileplume, and Crobat

Crobat gets rid of Donphan,V-plume for catcher, and Magnezone as a backup attacker and to make good use of Judge

Back