Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Crystal Beach

Scott also hurts Stadium lockers since it could potentially grab three.

Walrein ex could be used to stall the opponent for a whole turn.

...Except you can't attack with Walrein, or you lose the Stadium :[

I mean, decks that have issues with Stadiums and use Water pokemon can tech in Parukia for rather fun results. Destroy the old stadium AND grab a counter at the same time for one energy AND dealing damage?

Iono, you're going to have a HARD time getting a stadium locked in reliably. It's possible for a turn or so, yes. That turn or so can make a HUGE difference, yes. But don't count on the card lasting forever.

Lol, the season didn't even start yet. Stadiums have ALWAYS been an effective way of disruption, even with Windstorm around.

I have to disagree almost entirely with this. The entire season that we just finished had almost no hand disruption in it at all, which meant that stadium cards did not stay in against an opponent who had 20+ cards in their hand (at least a few of them being Windstorms or counters). In terms of disruption, the stadiums that should have seen play (Crystal Beach, Holon Legacy, Battle Frontier) never did. Instead, if stadiums were used at all it was for an effect that would happen in the turn it was played (or between turns). It's the reason Cursed Stone and Giant Stump became the only stadiums worth running.

However, there were decks and cards that utilized hand disruption or a trainer lock. Bandoom, for instance, relied on keeping a Crystal Beach locked in play, while such cards as Vaporeon ex and Metagross ex helped in terms of limiting the number of cards your opponent had in his or her hand. These cards made up for an extremely limited number of decks out there, so it was quite rare to see an opponent trying to outsmart you with stadiums such as Battle Frontier or Crystal Beach.

When he says "new" I think he's referring to the fact that Crystal Beach was rarely played to disrupt an opponent's strategy in the past. Now, with Team Galactic's Wager, the plausibility of keeping Crystal Beach in play might be good enough to find players using it over Battle Frontier (the previous most-used stadium for a disruptive effect).

Crystal Beach isn't a good tech but you don't wanna use it as your main stadium most of the time. Most decks without nrg acceleration or have to use 2 nrg to attack, use scramble/DRE. It hurts them but they can get around it.

Its pretty bad unless you can stick it, force/discard early Windstorms otherwise it just won't do a thing.

New?

I just thought I'd be the fourth. It's obviously not new, but IMO it hasn't been all that good until a couple of the bigger decks started using scrambles, DREs, etc.

win the stadium war. and if you can lock in BF or a CB after their windstorms are depleted then you have the edge for the rest of the game.

Yeah.
"New?"
We get it.

I'm laughing so much my head exploded.

Ha!

Saying that is so.... "new".

OK, back to real comments now, you original boys and girls.

new?
it depends on the decks that see play the most
if garchomp is everywhere, cb wont be very useful
if ape empoleon takes control, cb may see more play

Back