Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Crystal Beasts = Diamond version?

Baaayyygon

so, the new Force of the Breaker booster for Yu-Gi-Oh has these powerful and awesome cards called Crystal Beasts. I was thinking that maybe this was a reply to the Diamond version of pokemon. just trying to make it sound similar maybe? i figure that Diamond is supposed to change pokemon for the better, and i think that yugioh really added some awesome card with force fo the breaker, and maybe both games are trying to steal each others thunder by naming their cards for gems. do you guys think they did this on purpose, or was it just a fluke?

That game has really gotten bad in terms of the cards and the people. In terms of the cards all Konami is doing is just reprinting older cards with new pictures, also in one set a card could be Ultra Rare worth maybe $50 and if you wait maybe two to three sets you can get that same exact card as a common for maybe a quarter bringing the $50 card's value down ny about half, and decks that cost $600 - $800 that win championchips get made into starter decks that are LEGAL for tournament use, and lastly you pay over $4 a pack and you almost never get anything good. In terms of the players the players are just don't care about anyone else but themselves. I mean they won't even move even if you ask and they also IMO don't care about BO. But regards to the topic I think Yu-Gi-Oh took the ideas from Pokemon change the way they look and call it something else. Pokemon doesn't take anything from Yu-Gi-Oh in terms of anything. One last thing, you know that commercail that claims that Yu-Gi-Oh is the #1 card game in the world well I think they have never been so wrong. IMO Yu-Gi-Oh isn'teven in the top ten, I would say Magic with Pokemon one or two under that.

Gem Beasts > Crystal Beasts, but that's besides the point.

All they are is a nitch-gathering for the people who watch the anime, really. They don't really do anything that game-breaking, and we're all not going to lucksack draw the proper cards and combos like Johan on Yu-Gi-Oh GX (and there's still no Rainbow Dragon till the next set, and who knows what he does really). Ditto for Judai and the E-Heroes (only thing close to their use in real life is probably DDT).

Also, I fail to see how D/P and Force of the Breaker are related. D/P is the long-awaited sequel to the GBA games that introduces new Pokemon, and FotB is just another set for Yu-Gi-Oh that also corresponds with the anime tie-ins.

Kind of Magikarps, why do you have it in for everything that isn't Pokemon? First you dis Digimon, and now Yu-Gi-Oh. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to try to tell other people your opinion is fact. I play the game a lot, and I care about plenty of people besides myself. Any professional player, yes, they're playing to win. But guysd like me, we're not, we're just playing to have fun, so we do respect each other, even when playing. And if you think that you can never get anyhting good in packs, then you are sadly mistaken. It's not the cards, it's how well you use them. I can honestly beat anyone with a deck of weak, common cards as long as I've got good strategy. Any half-wit wth the IQ of an ant can win at any game if they have the right cards, but it takes someone truly skilled to win with bad cards. Also, Pablo, this is the Random Topic Center, i.e. Spam section, so people can post anyhting they want, to a certain degree. It doesn't have to be related to Pokemon.

thanks for coming to my aid Flaming Spinach and Eevee... iw as just trying to bring up some cool thing that i realized about the card games. also, i think that ygo players are a bunch of cool people. i've never really gotten yelled at or anything like magikarp has. there are a few serious players who are at tourneys just for money but ithink most people are there to have fun only and dont care abotu money. i think its the same way with pokemon, thats why i bring up the similiatiers. but i do like both yugioh and pokemon, just yugioh better cause it comes out with more stuff that changes the game constantly, but both games r alot of fun, and have nice people playing them (like spinach and eevee, lol)

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to try to tell other people your opinion is fact.

Unless you have sources to debate all his points that were not related to opinion (rare cards being devalued by reprinting, Yu-Gi-Oh! not being the #1 game in the world, etc.), I'd lay off. You're being hypersensitive. The fact that he said it means it's his opinion. He didn't state any of his opinion as fact; he just stated his opinion. Which is basically what you did. Imagine that!

I will say that Yu-Gi-Oh! resembles Magic a lot more than Pokemon though.

I can honestly beat anyone with a deck of weak, common cards as long as I've got good strategy. Any half-wit wth the IQ of an ant can win at any game if they have the right cards, but it takes someone truly skilled to win with bad cards.
Wow. Just wow. Why aren't you the World Champion of anything yet?

Also, Pablo, this is the Random Topic Center, i.e. Spam section, so people can post anyhting they want, to a certain degree. It doesn't have to be related to Pokemon.
RTC=/=Spam section
Not related to Pokemon=/=Spam

Thanks. I do my best.

:wink:

And btw, Pokegym does NOT have a 'spam section'.
Prof. Chris, I admit that I was just mad that Magikarp dissed domething I really like, but it was still not appreciated of him. Seriously, uif he has a problem with Yu-Gi-Oh, he can go open a "We hate Yu-Gi-Oh" thread. As for why I'm not any sort of champion, it's because as stated before those tournments and professional things get way too competitive, and that's not my scene. I could win some big tournaments if I wanted to, and have already been declared victor in other ones. Additionally, I said I could win easily. I'm not saying I have perfect strategies, and I'm not wsaying I never lose. I'm just saying that it's not all about what cards you have, but how you use them. Andalso, I recognize that the RTC is not a spam section, and that not pokemon is not spam, I was just emphasising that just because it's not pokemon doesn't mean it can't be posted on a pokemon forum.

yugioh is totally the #1 trading card game right now. I play it and judge for it. Recently, I've been trying to pick this game up but I cant find a soul to play with! :sad:

Back