Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Current Metagame

wilhung53

Hi everyone,
I've read the Featured Article about Jumpluff and that really worries me. I feel that I either have to play Jumpluff or lose. What do you guys think?

I did a little bit of soliatire playtesting, and everthing that's been said from the Featured Article on Jumpluff is really accurate. That makes Jumpluff really scary.

it's not that jumpluff you have to worry about, it's a pure jumpluff that's the real scary thing, from what i've seen pure pluff will amlost always outspeed and win against a variant. but you don't have to play pluff, there are a plethora of decks to choose from that are all battle tested and can win any given day.

We will hope Fulop doesn't see this (but he hype the deck a little more than what it is) The deck has a solid match up against Luxchomp but no where near an auto win, The deck beats bad Gyarados players but loses to good one, Cursegar is a toss up, bad players are easy to beat, better ones its pretty close but still in Luffs favor. The other thing is Luff is highly donkable. Think of it as the Turn 2 Medicham of this era. Is it really good yes, but far from unbeatable.

-Jay

Jaeger pretty much summed it up. Jumpluff is not the end-all beat-all deck - it's just a massive relief, because it's actually metagame playable, but it takes its losses to Luxchomp and other top-tier decks.

Back