x1 Fisherman
x1 Broken Time Space
x1 Premier Ball 101 GE
x1 Luxury Ball 86 SF
x8 Psychic Energy
x3 Call Energy
x1 Warp Energy

x2 open spots, don't know what to add. Not adding: Mewtwo, Uxie, or Azelf

Spread damage with Gengar's Curse Poke-Power, and then use the attack for 60 damage and switch with Spiritomb so they can't play any trainers. Then on your turn, have Unown Q or Moonlight Stadium for free retreat, and keep spreading with Curse. Have Mr. Mime MT for Low energy decks to send out instead of Spiritomb. Nidoqueen heals each turn, and after there are damage counters on all of your opponent's Pokemon, keep using Compound Pain, and Level Down Poke-Power when needed. If all else fails, send out Gengar from Stormfront, because Spiritomb will collect trainers in their hand. Then attack for a lot of damage. Also, Gengar SF is good for its Fainting Spell Poke-Power.

Now, any suggestions?

Last edited:
I used this

4ghastly
2hanter
3gengar
1gengar x
2garchomp C
2garchomp C X
1crobat G
2baltoy
2claydol
1nidoran (female)
1nidoqueen
1azelf
2uxie
2unknown G

cut one mr mime 4 scoops 1 premier ball and add 2 mewtoo one x and 2 warp points then cut one more g and put in another nidoran and nidoqueen

that should add more consitincey however you spell that, and a better sp matchup

Here are my thoughts, separated into Pokemon/Trainers/Energy, in that order...

- 3 Haunter isn't really needed, but it's not a huge deal either. I think you can cut G and Q to 1 of each. You can also cut a Mime, IMO. Other than that it looks pretty solid, although I've always been an advocate of Mewtwo here.

- I see no reason not to max on Roseanne's. You could cut a Moonlight as well, 2 should be enough. I dunno if 3 of each Moonlight and BTS will work, maybe 2 of one and 1 of another? It's been a long time since I've played Gengar though. 2 of each could work as well, but thats a lot of space to commit to stadiums, especially when you've got 'Tomb. 2 Premier Balls isn't needed, and you don't need any SSUs. I would recommend adding at least 2 Bebe's as well, incase you find your 'tomb stuck, in which case your Communications won't work. I'd also play Belts and either Looker's/Judge/Wager, whatever you like the most (Looker's is great here). Warp Points would also be good.

- You could cut a P if you needed, and maybe add a Warp to prevent Chatter?

Good luck!

wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooooooo wo!

dude i won 3rd place in regionals w/ that setup

the gengars are the stormfront ones to spread damage to claydol, uxie, azelf!

the garchomp c x is to K/O those 3 with energy gain and double colorless

gengar x is to K/O the three with attack

crobat g is to through out quick damage

---------- Post added 05/29/2010 at 06:57 AM ----------

forgot one thing you can change out nidoqueen for 1-1 mewtew

the basic mewtwo is the energy gain one

i only used 4psychic energy and 4double colorless

in my deck

Sounds pretty nice. Could I have a deck list? Also, which Mewtwo (Set and number) is it? And I noticed you used Garchomp C Lv.X, but is there an easy way to get energies back on him since 2 must be discarded. I don't completely understand how this kind of deck works, so I need some explanation.

Here is my updated decklist:
x4 Gastly 62 SF
x3 Haunter 40 SF
x2 Gengar 16 AR
x1 Gengar SF
x1 Gengar Lv.X 97 AR
x4 Spiritomb 32 AR
x2 Unown G 57 GE
x1 Unown Q
x1 Nidoran (F) 71 RR
x1 Nidorina RR
x1 Nidoqueen RR
x2 Mr Mime MT
x3 Moonlight Stadium 100 GE
x4 Roseanne’s Research SW 125
x2 Bebe’s Search
x1 Looker’s Investigation
x2 Expert Belt
x1 Palmer’s Contribution
x4 Rare Candy
x1 Pokemon Communication 98 HS
x2 Broken Time Space
x1 Premier Ball 101 GE
x1 Luxury Ball 86 SF
x8 Psychic Energy
x3 Call Energy
x1 Warp Energy
x1 Double Colorless Energy

Any more suggestions?

---------- Post added 05/29/2010 at 10:34 AM ----------

Bump me up. I need help.

Last edited:
cut one unknown g cut a moonlight cut 1 pokemon communication cut 1 haunter then add one nidoqueen one nidoran then a mewtwo and a mewtwo x

Cut a P? What does that mean. Also, what's Chatter? And why would Looker's be good here?

It means psychic in case you didn't figure that out yet.

When using call,a lot of people say to run 4 to increase the chance of getting it in your opening hand or something. If your area is filled with SP Variants,I would reccomend a Mewtwo LV.X wall. Mewtwo MD for the basic mewtwo. Hope I helped :)

Edit: Chatter is the attack that Chatot MD has and prevents retreating. With Spiriomb having a -20 resistance,it can not get out of the actice spot. Lookers is good because it can be combined with Gengar SF to do possibly more damage with poltergeist,or to refresh your hand then poltergeist.

Last edited:
Here is my updated deck list:

x4 Gastly 62 SF
x3 Haunter 40 SF
x2 Gengar 16 AR
x1 Gengar SF
x1 Gengar Lv.X 97 AR
x4 Spiritomb 32 AR
x2 Unown G 57 GE
x1 Unown Q
x2 Nidoran (F) 71 RR
x1 Nidorina RR
x2 Nidoqueen RR
x2 Mr Mime MT
x2 Bebe’s Search
x2 Looker’s Investigation
x2 Expert Belt
x1 Palmer’s Contribution
x4 Rare Candy
x1 Fisherman
x1 Broken Time Space
x1 Premier Ball 101 GE
x1 Luxury Ball 86 SF
x8 Psychic Energy
x3 Call Energy
x1 Warp Energy
x1 Double Colorless Energy

Any more suggestions?

This deck does need help lol well take out the preimer ball and put in pokemon comunication in you can have skuntank g in there its great aginst none sp pokemon plus it helps with chatter lock put in two rare candys not four and i cant see how doubble collerles can help you much here besids nidoqueen you probbally dont want unkown g here take out a haunter dont have luxury ball have bebe's serch you may want a 1 - 1 mismagus un no broken time space just have four moon light stadium in no fishermen you energy situation could be anoying the the arcues gengar just have one nidoqueen i like that you have two nidorina in there i dont run unkown q but it could be good while its attached to claydoll just to say my curse gar deck maid top cut at battle roads and reginals.

Woah, bra. MAJOR run-on.
I need 2 Unown G's because many people at my Battle Roads Tournament will be using special condition based decks. Also, I will take out a Double Colorless energy and 1 Looker's for a Mewtwo Lv.X and a Mewtwo. Everybody: what Mewtwo should I use in this deck?

Here's the updated deck:

x4 Gastly 62 SF
x3 Haunter 40 SF
x2 Gengar 16 AR
x1 Gengar SF
x1 Gengar Lv.X 97 AR
x4 Spiritomb 32 AR
x2 Unown G 57 GE
x1 Unown Q
x2 Nidoran (F) 71 RR
x1 Nidorina RR
x2 Nidoqueen RR
x2 Mr Mime MT
x1 Mewtwo (WHAT SET?)
x1 Mewtwo Lv.X
x2 Bebe’s Search
x1 Looker’s Investigation
x2 Expert Belt
x1 Palmer’s Contribution
x4 Rare Candy
x1 Fisherman
x1 Broken Time Space
x1 Premier Ball 101 GE
x1 Luxury Ball 86 SF
x8 Psychic Energy
x3 Call Energy
x1 Warp Energy

good deck. just do a like 2-2 rare candy line of with nidoqueen. when i run this deck i run 1-1 because shes not so important.

What about dusknoir and alakazam instead of nidoqueen its alot better cause you Ever Switch out for à spiritomb ot MIME and they always get killed with One Hit so if you Play alakazam you will have an Autowin against gyarados or jumpluff

Out of curiousity, why won't you put in Azelf? If your SF gengar or Gengar X is prized, that can really hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back