Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Dark Deck for Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa-Chu

Hi. I'm still kinda new to this but I put together a dark deck for my 8 year old daughter to use at Nationals... Tried it out a her local league and it did fairly well. Would like any advice to make it stronger.

Pokemon
1-DarkraiEX DE-63
4-Zoroark DE-71 (Brutal Bash)
4-Zorua DE-69 (Ascention)
2-Hydreigon NV-79
1-Zweilous NV-78
2-Deino NV-77
2-Sableye DE-62

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
4-Dark Patch
3-Dark Claw
2-Enhanced Hammer
2-Rare Candy
2-Pokemon Catcher
2-Pokemon Collector
2-Professor Oak's New Theory
2-Sage's Training
2-Ultra Ball
2-Level Ball
1-Interviewer's Questions
1-Cilan
1-Professor Juniper
1-Cheren
1-Engineer's Adjustments
1-Super Rod

Energy
2-Rescue Energy * Special
3-Double Colorless Energy * Special
3-Darkness Energy * Special
7-Darkness Energy (Basic)

Strategy is keep bench full and use Brutal Bash until Hydreigon is ready and can target the bench as well. Can use Sableye to get back trainers if needed, but that costs a turn and needs energy. Haven't played it enough to see if that is worth keeping... or should they swap out for Junk Arm?

This was pretty much built with what we had on hand... Might be able to borrow another Darkrai EX for Nationals from her friend - would that be worth it?... and what to take out?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
If you can score another Darkrai, DO IT!!! And, if you have J/A's, USE THEM!!! Leave in Sableye. Even if his attack isn't that great, its another Pokemon for your bench. And, if you can, I would drop the Hydregion line and the Rare Candies. The thing is, its really inconsistent. You're running 2 Ultraball, 2 Level Ball, and 2 Collector. ASSUMING you hit a turn one collector, you will most likely grab 2-3 Zorua, and a Darkrai (maybe). Even if you grab just one Deino, its likely going to be killed immediately. If you grab two, that means you must slow down your Zoroark evolutions, which hurts you in the long run. But, if you had five less spots (the 2-1-2 Hydregion line) and two more spots (2 rare candy) open, you could work in a lot more stuff, like more consistent trainer lines (run 4-of's if you can and drop the Level Ball), and gives you more consistent Pokemon lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back