Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Explorers Discussion

Sweet

Discuss all your ideas for Dark Explorers here!

imo the best cards are:

Tornadus EX
Raikou EX
Groudon EX
Darkrai EX

Ultra Ball
Twist Mountain
Dark Patch
Dark Claw
Random Receiver

Aerodactyl
Heatmor
Zorua
Zoroark
Sableye (possibly a Durant tech)

Looks like a great set!

Can we agree to not overhype cards? I and many others would appreciate if prices didn't skyrocket.

Seems like Heatmor is getting printed as a rare, how do we all feel about this? I can't say I like it very much, I'd prefer to pull something better than a hard counter to a deck that isn't gonna be played anymore in my packs.

My ideas are Dark Toolbox Prime (Darkrai EX, Zoroark DE, and Absol Prime) and Hex Girls (Gardevoir/Gothithelle). I'm thinking I can use more of a Ball Engine and Random Receiver's to really speed G/G up.

Can we agree to not overhype cards? I and many others would appreciate if prices didn't skyrocket.

Seems like Heatmor is getting printed as a rare, how do we all feel about this? I can't say I like it very much, I'd prefer to pull something better than a hard counter to a deck that isn't gonna be played anymore in my packs.

Too little too late. T&T Has all EXs except Kyogre and Groudon above 35 already. And its because they pre ordered them out and upped the prices based on how fast the pre orders sold out in each small amount. People pre ordering fast is what "hypes up" the prices, not people saying things on forums.

Believe it or not, Durant is still played in Japan (Tier 1.5) because Heatmor isn't really played! Because people don't want to mess up the consistency of their decks by playing Heatmor, Durant still has its little niche in the metagame.
Posted with Mobile style...

I actually think that Zoroark ruins Durant already. Paired with Darkrai EX it is nearly impossible to stop Zoroark from taking a prize every turn.

^ Very true. Catcher has no effect and with Zoroark's high number of JArms and Dark Patches, you can bet that Durant will actually help sometimes with Zoro's Energy Acceleration as it can just pull the Devoured Energy back out.

I would personally consider Tornadus EX the best card from our latest set, because like Mewtwo EX it can be splashed into every deck. If you're playing Eels/CMT/Dark.deck you have to take fighting decks very seriously.

I would personally consider Tornadus EX the best card from our latest set, because like Mewtwo EX it can be splashed into every deck. If you're playing Eels/CMT/Dark.deck you have to take fighting decks very seriously.

I agree. An Eviolited Tornadus EX is a pretty hard counter for Terrakion and Donphan (4HKO and 5HKO, repsectively).

---------- Post added 04/24/2012 at 12:05 PM ----------

I'm seeing Darkrai EX being valued at almost as high as Mewtwo EX, any reason why?

The players who are on the fence for a Worlds invite (myself included) are willing to drop money to get a playset of the good cards from the next set (Darkrai EX included) for the first weekend of Battle Roads.

I would never forgive myself if I wasted 49 championship points and missed the Worlds invite because I was too cheap to invest $170 + shipping on 3 Darkrai EX, 4 Tornadus EX, and 2 Raikou EX.

This game is soooooo crazy. Tornadus ex can do 100 damage on turn 1.:eek: If the pokemon in this format didn't have super high hp, Tornadus ex would be rockin.

I'd say that is still "rockin'": it is 100 damage turn one for three of any Energy type. Have PlusPower, will travel!

Gotta say, while the eeveelutions are still generally poor, Jolteon hits 60 for 1 Lightning and Espeon can block attack effects. Still wish they'd show the eeveelutions some more love, though.

Really nothing more or less than what plagues so many cards; other stuff with more HP hits just as hard, just as easy. XD

I feel like Aerodactyl could make something like Liligant really good.

Combine 2-3 Aerodactyls with a lowdamaging pokemon attack that has a really good effect *ponders*

Wow. Either PokeBeachs Dark Rush translation was wrong or they mistranslated Crash Hammer (or in English Enhanced Hammer). The Japanese card discarded a special energy attached to your opponents active while the English card discards a special energy from any of your opponents Pokemon.

Sure it is basically the same thing as Lost Remover now, but since that Drifblim is coming out soon, it makes it more appealing.

Believe it or not, Durant is still played in Japan (Tier 1.5) because Heatmor isn't really played! Because people don't want to mess up the consistency of their decks by playing Heatmor, Durant still has its little niche in the metagame.
Posted with Mobile style...
Well yeah I know that lol. I never mentioned Heatmor's usefulness. I just don't wanna pull the damn thing lol. Hard to believe Durant can keep up with Dark decks though, but hey.

Back