1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
3 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
3 : Roseanne's Research, OP8-11
2 : Expert Belt, A-87

ENERGY: 13
2 : Call Energy, MD-92
4 : Darkness Energy, RR-99
7 : Darkness Energy, DP-129

It's a pretty basic strategy. Attach Darkness Energy on to Flygon, Dark Engage with Darkrai Lv. X on the bench, and take advantage of the +10 per every basic Darkness Energy I have on Flygon. Any input/changes/useless stuff I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

I'd drop the whole Darkrai idea. First, you have the 4 cards themselves. Then you have 2 Level Maxes a second Premier Ball to support these 4 cards. Third, each one takes up a bench space that could be filled with another evolution, so its -10 on Power Swing from the start. So you're taking up 7 spaces in your deck to maybe have a net +10. Fourth, You are stacking dark energies, which results in your skimping on the Call, which really helps your consistency. There's probably reasons 5,6,7, and 8, but that should be enough.

-3-1 Darkarai
-2 Level Max
-1 Premier Ball
-4 Basic Dark
+1 Fighting
+2 Call
-2 Duck Ball (what a stupid card)
-1 Expert Belt (you only need 1)

Now your energy looks like 4 Call, 4 Special Dark, 3 Dark and 1 Fighting for 12. This gives you 11 cards.
+1 Bebe
+2 Pokemon Rescue
+4 Pokeradar (always good when you have 20+ Pokemon)
1-1 Your choice of Dusknoir DP or Nidoqueen depending on how you prefer to play
+2 BTS (always good in Flygon, but be careful if your opponent needs it too, like in Gyrados, when you can kick his out with Sand Wall)

Now your ideal setup will be Weavile on the bench with Unown G, Claydol with Unown G, and a couple of Flygons with Special Darks. The Expert Belt does not belong on Flygon. Its only there for Uxie to kill Gengars after you Power Swing them (without Dark Engaging) for 70 or so. Uxie, Expert Belt, Dark Engage will Psychic Restore to the bottom of the deck and hit Gengar for 70.

Thanks for all the input. I thought the Darkrai Lv. X would've been a good idea, but I guess it would just take up a bench spot. I'll definitely take all this in to consideration before piecing this deck together. Thanks again for all the help.

YOu should take out darkrair for palkia lvx its awsome

Wrong concept. This is not Flytrap, its Dark Flygon. If you get Palkia up, what do you do when you restructure and he brings up Nidoran or Uxie? You need psychic to retreat. When he brings up Palkia himself, you'd need water.

On the energy, make sure you have 4 call and a fighting to give Claydol free retreat. You don't need all those basic dark, upper are also nice. Try to fit in a 1-0-1 Dusknoir line

no you only need dark because of weavile you just change the active to the dark type and tada free retreating

no you only need dark because of weavile you just change the active to the dark type and tada free retreating

Lots of these builds run one fighting for the following reasons:
1. You may want to be able to hit for lots once you retreat Claydol and you can only Dark Engage once per turn.
2. You may want to attach energy to Claydol so you can hit a Luxray X for 80 by attaching a second energy.

It adds flexibility and its only 1 energy. As for call, yeah, you need it in order to be consistent.

thats fine but if you use restructure palkia it also makes glisctomb an easy match up. plus if you use restructure its probably to kill something like claydol, its situational but I think it can win games. and I wasnt saying no calls, duh just you dont need like water or fighting, but i guess it wouldnt hurt to use a few fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back