Fisherman x2
Expert Belt x2
Memory Berry x4
Switch x4
Rare Candy x2

Dark Energy x10
Special Dark Energy x4
Call Energy x2

The point of the deck, in case you haven't guessed, is to get out Shiftry as your active with Darkrai X on your bench, using various supporters and whatnot, and then loading up Shifty with energies to do considerable amounts of damage, as well as stopping your opponent from doing things they want to. With memory berries, I can make my opponent unable to attack Shiftry at all using Nuzleaf's Blind. I have multiple Shiftrys in the deck so that I'm not completely a goner if my first one is knocked out. I can use fishermen to get the energies back, seeing as I can have lots and lots on the first one I get prepared. You can probably guess why the Copycats are in there, and the switches, obviously, are to get Darkrai X ready to go on my bench.

I'd be happy to hear your criticism, I'll take most of it into account, and I'd appreciate it if you could help me make my deck better.

Last edited:
Running a deck thats similar, but with Tyrannitar instead of Shiftry as your powerhouse, and Weaville as well for stacking some energies

try add some memory berry and use Blind to stall time. Since you run special dark, you can increase the damage output. With the shiftry pokebody, and you use blind, your opponent will keep flipping tails. LOL

Dude, I didn't know memory berries were legal! Thanks. :D That changes a bunch of my strategy, I'll throw those in now.

I think that the Shiftry line would be better off running a 4-4-4 or a 4-3-4. I would also take out 2 Switches and 2 Fisherman for a 2-2 line of Claydol, since it improves consistency. You might also want to put in 2 more Rare Candy to help get out Shiftry faster, and BTS might not be such a bad idea either. Department Store Girl might help with getting out your Memory Berries to Blind your opponent.

I used to run 4-4-4, but I never ended up needing that many Shiftrys. The switches are pretty neccessary, as well as the Fishermen to get the basic dark energies attached to my Shiftry back into my hand to attach to my backup Shiftry. Come to think of it, Lucians would be good to run.

The only thing I fear is the lack of energy acceleration and a weak recovery. My friend tried to run a similar deck but with shiftry being as squishy as he is with no reliable means of keeping him up during the turns it takes to attach energies, trouble brews.

Also, you might want to try to get claydol in their, i'm not sure how ew you are but if you are very new I suggest taking a look at claydol GE

I think you should run 3 or 4 Double colorless, Turn 1 Rollout with Seedot or with BTS and Nuzleaf you can use Faint. Turn 2 Shiftry Seal Off for 60.

Ampharos PL will run you over. Maybe you can add a Relicanth and fighting energy into teh deck. It helps with teh SP match-up and tools are very abundant in this format.

Shiftry :setsRR: 4-4-3
Darkrai X (with :setsMD: Darkrai) 2-2
Uxie x2
Spiritomb :setsAR: x2

Bebe's x4
Rosy's x4
Copycats x2
Levelmax x2
Fisherman x2
Expert Belt x2
Memory Berry x4
Switch x4
Rare Candy x2

Dark Energy x10
Special Dark Energy x4
Call Energy x2

The point of the deck, in case you haven't guessed, is to get out Shiftry as your active with Darkrai X on your bench, using various supporters and whatnot, and then loading up Shifty with energies to do considerable amounts of damage, as well as stopping your opponent from doing things they want to. With memory berries, I can make my opponent unable to attack Shiftry at all using Nuzleaf's Blind. I have multiple Shiftrys in the deck so that I'm not completely a goner if my first one is knocked out. I can use fishermen to get the energies back, seeing as I can have lots and lots on the first one I get prepared. You can probably guess why the Copycats are in there, and the switches, obviously, are to get Darkrai X ready to go on my bench.

I'd be happy to hear your criticism, I'll take most of it into account, and I'd appreciate it if you could help me make my deck better.

go to 4/3/4 shiftry
drop the 4 switch
add 2 moonlight
add 2 call energy

drop 4 basic dark energy
drop 1 memory berry
drop 2 level max
drop 2 fisherman

add 2/2 claydol
add 1 unown G
add 2 rare candy
add 1 luxury ball