Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Slowking/Rocket´s Sneasel EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolotos

Ok, at first I tried to build a deck just with Dark Slowking but I found out that it doesn´t hit hard enough. So, I build the following deck:
3 Dunsparce - only need 3 because of Swoop - discarding basics doesn´relly matter (retriever)
4 Slowpoke
4 Dark Slowking
4 Rocket´s Sneasel EX

4 Darkness Energy
6 Psychic Energy
2 Rocket Energy
1 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Dark Metal Energy

3 Copycat
3 POR
4 Swoop - better chance for good start, search for Slowpoke, do dmg with slowking
2 Retriever
3 Reporter
3 Rocket´s Mission - don´t know which one´s better here
2 Pow
2 Rocket´s Hideout
2 Switch
2 Rocket´s Pokéball
4 Advice

Hi tolotos,

The deck looks slow since Sneasel consumes a lot of time in this deck and will not have a bench to assist it once Dark Slowking has been knocked out. Eleven secret maschines and tools do not suffice in a Dark Slowking deck. Search the forum for Imperial Cloths which is one of the first Dark Slowking decks on this forum. Tweak the draw trainers a little to ensure the deck is able to mantain a stable draw mechanic to fuel Dark Slowking with the needed resources such as energy and maschines.

Dark Slowking is not mainly used to attack. Its attack is used sometimes but not that often. I try to attack with Sneasel EX very early, at first also with the first attack. I disrupt my opponent with Slowkings Power and Sneasels first attack. I also don´t want to play Dark Slowking as (Main-)Hitter. I want to play another type of deck. What I know is that I have to take out the DRE. It´s not really needed. I´ll add another Rocket Energy instead. It was quite good in Apprentice till now, but with this version I only played 3 times. A good fact is that a bad start is not likely. Dunsparce is a good start. Slowpoke can pervent SAR if you go first and/or switched out using Swoop. And a Sneasel EX is not bad also - it can attack PKMN on the bench early.... Perhaps going second is better in this deck.
btw: @all: Please help me test this deck through Apprentice. PN me.

Last edited:
Hi tolotos,

The issue would be that Rocket's Sneasel ex is not that hard to take down due to the weakness. Cards such as Dark Electrode and Dark Sandslash would assist it much better since Dark Electrode can be used to fuel Rocket's Sneasel turn two. Run three each of these evolution lines with some psychic and a lot of Darkness and Rocket in it.

Send me the IP in case you want to test the current version.

That´s right. Decks like Primetool, Monarchy or Magma could cause heavy problems, especially Monarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back