Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Trance and Prism Energy

for some reason

I need to know if you can use Hydreigon's ability Dark Trance on Prism Energy to move it around on basic pokemon. All any any help is appreciated.

Prism energy will count as a darkness energy while attached to a basic pokemon. If you move it off of a basic to an evolved pokemon (such as Hydreigon DRX), it will become colorless, and you won't be able to move it again.

Okay just making sure so I can move prism around on basics but once i move it to a hydra it's dead right?

I've never heard of an energy being "dead".
I'm not nitpicking to be a jerk, but it's just best to really think these things through in clear, formal terms if you want to understand them.
It counts as Dark energy as long as it's attached to a Basic Pokemon. When it's not attached to a Basic Pokemon, it counts as Colorless energy.
Colorless energy can't be moved by Dark Trance. You can still use it to power Dragonblast though. (But you can't discard it!)

I've never heard of an energy being "dead".
I'm not nitpicking to be a jerk, but it's just best to really think these things through in clear, formal terms if you want to understand them.
It counts as Dark energy as long as it's attached to a Basic Pokemon. When it's not attached to a Basic Pokemon, it counts as Colorless energy.
Colorless energy can't be moved by Dark Trance. You can still use it to power Dragonblast though. (But you can't discard it!)

I was using the term dead to mean that i am unable to move it anymore and it just provides a colorless energy so it would be stuck on hydreigon/zweilous or any other evolved pokemon you might happen to play. and I don't take that as nitpicking.

That all makes sense, but it's important for some people to make the distinction between calling the energy "dead" and the energy actually being useless. It's still usable for some very important but rare situations, and if you're used to the idea that Prism is "dead" on Hydreigon, you might not realize it has those functions (powering dragonblast, manual retreat, and permitting draw in, mostly).

Back