4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
1 Level Ball
1 Dark Claw

-34-

4 Blend Energy GRPD
8 basic Darkness Energy

-12-

Strategy : to get T2/3 Hydreigon out and 1 Darkrai with 3 energies , Blend Energy helps Shaymin and Hydreigon
i dont like to play Sigilyph ( i know its useful against some EX Quads and other stuff ,but it can be a cheap prize for the opponent) , so i play Mewtwo ex over Sigilyph , its good against Fluffychomp and other decks that doesnt play Mew(two) ex and its fast lol

Reshiram EX is against Registeel , Hydreigon , Garchomp and other ex' Pokemon after a Night spear and shaymin is against Quad Terrakion

Last edited:
How Mewtwo EX is good against FluffyChomp?

Chomp only use 1 energy to hit 60~120 and discard special energies.

Mewtwo EX will need 4 energies to OHKO Altarias and 3 to 2 OHKO Chomp.

Please tell me if i am missing something.

How Mewtwo EX is good against FluffyChomp?

Chomp only use 1 energy to hit 60~120 and discard special energies.

Mewtwo EX will need 4 energies to OHKO Altarias and 3 to 2 OHKO Chomp.

Please tell me if i am missing something.

Because mid-late game you can load a mewtwo with a bunch of energy and sweep since the don't play a mewtwo of their own

You'd have to KO several Altarias first. They 2HKO Mewtwo with even an unboosted Dragonblade, too.

You definitely need more Sableye. Sableye is the lifeblood of the deck in the first few turns. I would cut Registeel and Dark Claw, but I dunno how attached you are to Registeel.

To enhance your setup (benched Poké, as well as speed), I'd suggest:
  • -2 Eviolite (target for Tool Scrapper)
  • -1 Dark Claw (1 just doesn't seem that useful)
  • +1 Deino (or Level Ball)
  • +2 Sableye
The Deinos are prime targets when playing against this deck; so, you will need 4, imho.

Sableye starts (even if it is eventually KOd) are amazing for this deck!

I go back and forth with including/excluding Shaymin EX and Mewtwo EX. I definitely don't want to start with either. Shaymin EX's HP is "low." And with only 1 Mewtwo EX, chances are you'll ltend to lose the "Mewtwo EX war" against decks running 2-3 Mewtwo EX; so, is there possibly another choice... :smile:

Last edited:
First of all I like how you are putting a couple of spins on the deck, but in my honest opinion (I have tested with all three of your techs) It just doesn't work. In this article called "The Top Ten Reasons You Will Lose" (an extremely informative article on common mistakes players make in deckbuilding) the #2 reason is the fact that people try to tech against everything and end up losing the focus of your deck. Now that's not to say you shouldn't tech. I personally play the same deck, but my tech of choice is Giratina EX. I do this for a number of reasons. First it can OHKO any dragon type in the format for three energy, which is a really good thing in many matchups. Second it can OHKO Terrakion for 4 Energy and it has 70 more HP than Shaymin EX.

Here is what I would do.

-1 Registeel EX
-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Level Ball
-1 Dark Claw
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Dark Energy

+2 Sableye
+1 Giratina EX
+1 Bianca
+1 Max Potion
+1 Blend Energy

While the Shaymin EX can be kept in favor of Giratina, I wouldn't bother personally.

Thank you guys ,today i tried 2 sableye and 0 dark claw and it worked fine against Fluffychomp
Mewtwo helped alot in all games , just registeel was almost useless ( ok against eels its really good , so i still dont know about it if i will keep it)

@Kayle , sure Chomp can 2HKO mewtwo , but i have max potion , so there is no problem ,

@ TuxedoBlack , 1. 2x Eviolites is a must , 2. 3x Deino is really enough and 3. -1 Dark Claw +1 Sableye :D.. oh and 4. i just drop Mewtwo if i really need it ( and mostly it ends up that i win a mewtwo war with just 1 mewtwo , lol :D)

@ iNewtonior , eeeerm , i like to keep Shaymin , its seems pretty usefull against QuadBulls and such stuff , idk about Giratina EX , it needs 2 Blend Energy if im correct , so i would need 1 more blend energy and is it this really worth ? it can be OHKO'd by Garchomp/Hydreigon/RayShiny :/ #(tell me more about it , maybe i'll try it xD)

@ iNewtonior , eeeerm , i like to keep Shaymin , its seems pretty usefull against QuadBulls and such stuff , idk about Giratina EX , it needs 2 Blend Energy if im correct , so i would need 1 more blend energy and is it this really worth ? it can be OHKO'd by Garchomp/Hydreigon/RayShiny :/ #(tell me more about it , maybe i'll try it xD)

You never want to bench down Giratina until you have the proper energy and a Hydreigon on the field. This prevents it being catchered in bad situations. The thing about quadbulls is that they almost always run plus power and can often OHKO shaymin after you kill one of their bulls. The other thing is that quadbulls never runs eviolite because it needs exp share for the deck to function. You can no matter what OHKO the bulls, even if they haven't taken the proper amount of prizes needed for shaymin, because giratina does 130 for 4. The other thing is (like I said) giratina can OHKO all dragon types due to doing 90 which can't be affected by the opponent's eviolites and such. I prefer it because it does shaymin's job better.

Giratina EX needs 4 energy to hit 130 and discard 3 cards from your deck. It OHKOs Chomp but is OHKOed back for 1 energy if the opponent has 2 Altarias in play, wich is very common.
To an Terrakion OHKO Shaymin it will need 4 PP and if you have Eviolite it is just impossible to achieve that.
So Shaymin EX > Giratina EX IMO.

You say that Registeel help against Eels, but you can simply go aggro with Darkrai EX, OHKOing Eels while you setup another KO with the 30 snipe. This is just a personal choice because i don't see Registeel EX ruining your consistency.

About Sableye: is a personal preference. I like 3, but you won't lose just because you run 2.

Taking as reference your original list I would do:
-1 Registeel EX
-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Catcher
-1 Dark energy

+2 Sableye
+2 Tool scrappers

when i played 2 sableyes it didnt work well for some reason. I also dont like shaymin EX much (mainly because there are not many fighting decks). But i like mewtwo ex a lot and helps vs altaria/garchomp, and zeels alot (also you dont need to use x-ball to ko opponent´s mewtwo)

iNewtonior , i see it like C Bruneli , 4 PPs is a way to much for Terrakion just to ohko a Shaymin ex lol and here are really alot of chompdecks , they would just take 2 cheap prizes :/ ,

@ C Bruneli , i also think that but i know alot of good players that tech unleast 1 Terrakion in a eelsdeck , so i prefer Registeel(eels) , Hydreigon(against terrakion) over Darkrai as attacker ^^'

@ TuxedoBlack , 1. 2x Eviolites is a must , 2. 3x Deino is really enough and 3. -1 Dark Claw +1 Sableye :D.. oh and 4. i just drop Mewtwo if i really need it ( and mostly it ends up that i win a mewtwo war with just 1 mewtwo , lol :D)

Just note if your oponents play Tool Scrapper (which is growing in popularity), those Eviolites will be discarded. Your area's metagame will help shape that. Also, the "best' way to beat this deck is to KO the Deinos; so, any "fast" deck has an advantage against just 3 Deinos.

Glad the deck is working better for you.

I see your point Pringles, but i don't like the fact that Regi will have to hit 3 times to kill 3 Eels since there are some Eels build running Max Potion, what can clean the damage you did saving the Eels for a few more turns.

iNewtonior , i see it like C Bruneli , 4 PPs is a way to much for Terrakion just to ohko a Shaymin ex lol and here are really alot of chompdecks , they would just take 2 cheap prizes :/ ,

@ C Bruneli , i also think that but i know alot of good players that tech unleast 1 Terrakion in a eelsdeck , so i prefer Registeel(eels) , Hydreigon(against terrakion) over Darkrai as attacker ^^'

Yeah I forgot about resistance on Shaymin, but that still doesn't change the fact that it has 110 hp, which is very low for an EX. Giratina does more imo and it tends to work better in testing.

TuxedoBlack , true true , still i'll keep those eviolites , they saved some games

C Bruneli , i forgot Max Potion in eels , its so rare to see that , but you are right , maybe i'll remove it for a Tool Scrapper or anything else

iNewtonior, i'll test it next time if i get the chance to test lol

In all honesty, I would say to take out the Reshiram EX and put in Registeel EX instead. Even if you do get an Eviolite on the Reshiram and it hits itself, you are still at risk of it getting KO'ed.

Registeel EX is so useful vs. Garchomp because you can spread out Damage more so you can OHKO Garchomps. Triple Laser twice on a Garchomp and then you are able to OHKO it with Darkrai. You can also pick off the Altarias with residual damage from Night Spear. Or you can Triple Laser three times (which works SOMETIMES). It really depends on how many Max Potion that you run and if you draw into them.

Ok, so, 2-3 Eviolite is SOOO good, just manage when to play them. Decks that cant OHKO lose. Dark Claw is good if u run 2 Eviolite as well, or 1. It negates eviolite and EVIOLITE IS SO DANG ANNOYING. Giratina is a good tech against ray-eels and it lets you only play 1 scrapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back