2 sidney's stadium (PK)
3 profeser oak's vist (DP3)

17 energy
-----------
4 special darkness energy
13 basic darkness energy

Stratagy
----------
darkrai lv.x makes oppents pokemon become asleep and gives darkness energy boost.

sableye is a starter.

absol ex will move damage counters.

honchkrow works pretty good in here

And weavile is a strong attacker.

here is darkrai lv.X card data
Darkrai L.X – Darkness – HP100
Level Up

Poke-Body: Dark Shadow
All Basic Darkness Energy cards attached to your Darkness type Pokemon gain the following text: “If the Pokemon this card is attached to does damage to any Active Pokemon, that damage is increased by 10.” This Poke-Body can’t be used if another of your Pokemon’s Dark Shadow Poke-Bodies is already in effect.

[D][D][C] Eternal Darkness: 40 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep. In between turns, the opponent flips 2 coins, and the Pokemon doesn’t wake up unless both are heads. If both are tails, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

and the other darkrai's card data
Darkrai L.40 – Darkness – HP80
Basic Pokemon

[C] Dark Direction: 10 damage. You may switch the Defending Pokemon with 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Your opponent chooses the Benched Pokemon to switch.)
[D][D][C] Sleep Hall: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is Asleep, this attack does an additional 40 damage. If it isn’t Asleep, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

Professor Oak’s Visit card data
Professor Oak’s Visit – Supporter

Draw 3 cards. Then, put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your deck.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon, and discard it at the end of your turn.

Darkrai looks like a good reason to start running Holon GL or Heal energy again. But then again, he's an easy one hit ko for Lucario with a pluspower or a revenging machamp or just about any other decent fighting type pokemon in the format, and so are your Weaviles and Absols. You might want to run some double rainbow or scramble energy because it looks like all of your main attackers are going to take you three turns to power up, and that's going to be way too long with your opponents' pokemon one-hitting you every turn. Also, take advantage of Honchkrow's pokebody by running a couple extra Murkrow. Their fighting resistance will help balance the fighting weakness on your other attackers.

-6 Basic Dark
+2 Scramble
+4 Double Rainbow

-1 Sneasel
-1 Weavile
+2 Murkrow

Murkrows with no energy on them dont benefit from darkrai lvl x's poke-body.

I was thinking Shiftry ex CG/Darkrai lvl.x

Shiftry ex doing 10 more for each basic dark on it just seems too good.

Or some kind of energy acceleration with weavile and darkrai lvlx would = stupid damage.

no b/c murkrow without energy means 50 damage, or attach one basic to it and do 60 for one energy, and so on, and so forth

Basic :dark: with Darkrai Lv. X is SO good!
And for the deck, I think you don't need those Mr. Stone's Project's!

- 2x Professor Rowan
+ 2x Castaway
- 2x Mr. Stone's Project
+ 2x Strenght Charm or Buffer Piece

the trainer line should go like this imo

4- Castaway
4- Strength Charm
4- Celios
3- Mentor
3- Windstorm
2- Professor Rowan
2- Time Space Distortion

I was thinking today... wouldn't Umbreon* be the bee's knees in this deck? It snipes for 30 damage for 2 dark energy... but between special darks, and Darkrai's power, that could quite easily turn into 'snipe whoever you want for 70 dmg, thanks and have a nice day'.

edit:
I just looked at Darkrai lv X/special dark again, and this combo only works if you are attacking the active pokemon. So I guess it would really be 'bash the active for 70, snipe for 30'. Hrmm... I guess that moves this combo from 'sweeeet' to 'hrmm... not bad'.

:-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back