Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Darkrai/Stunfisk/Terrakion

Status
Not open for further replies.

goncalo89

So here´s the deck, still BW-DRX because we will not have boundaries for first regionals since set availability has been delayied.

--- Pokemon 11 ---

4 Stunfisk
2 Darkrai EX
1 Terrakion EX
1 Terrakion
2 Sableye
1 Ho-oh EX

--- TSS 35 ---

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
2 Random receiver

4 Ultra ball
4 Energy switch
4 Catcher
3 Dark Patch
2 Eviolite
2 Switch
1 Dark Claw
1 Tool Scraper

1 Tropical Beach

--- Energy 14 ---

8 Dark
6 Fight

Strategy:

Start stunfisk to KO tynamos and deinos, darkrai for retreat support and attack, terrakion to counter most meta, darkrai and raikou.
One card that seems to be strange may be tropical beach but because this deck has such speed it gets a 2 or 3 prize advantage, being vulnerable to N, tropical beach its my N counter losing a turn but getting a fresh new hand.
Ho-oh EX tech to recover fighting energy and dark, so i am only running 3 dark patch, and a great counter against Shaymin ex.

Want suggestions, thanks

IMHO, stunfisk is simply outclassed by Landorus Ex. Even a 2-2 mudpuppy/djinn split would work. Landy gives you 2x everything stunfisk does, for 2x the prizes. And Land's Judgement can be a great game ending attack.

IMHO, stunfisk is simply outclassed by Landorus Ex. Even a 2-2 mudpuppy/djinn split would work. Landy gives you 2x everything stunfisk does, for 2x the prizes. And Land's Judgement can be a great game ending attack.

yes i know but you must notice that here we will not play this first regional with BC, thanks anyways

-1 Ho-oh EX
-2 Energy Switch
-1 Dark Claw

+1 Boffalant DRX
+1 Tool scrapper
+1 Super Rod or Energy Retreival
+1 Dark Patch

Ho-oh is too clunky to be considered a good recovery card, not to mention since you only have 2 types of energy he won't be hitting hard. Also, only running a single copy makes it hard to cope when he's prized, since you have NO way outside of Dark Patch to get any Energy out of the discard. As far as Shaymin counters go I believe Bouffalant is better, as it does 120 damage to anything EX, killing Shaymins, Mews and Celebi when you get it. He also reduces all attack damage to himself by 20, making him harder to kill.

4 energy switch without Ho-oh would be kind of pointless, so at least one should be changed to a recovery card. The choice of recovery is personal preference, but Energy Retrieval combos well with Terrakion EX's Pump Up Smash. For the extra slot I chose a fourth Dark Patch simply for consistency's sake, but you could add in another recovery card if you wish.

Dark Claw adds 20 damage, bumping Darkrai from 90 to 110 a turn. While this might seem impressive, over 2 turns you're going from 180 to 220. There's nothing with more than 180 HP that's played right now, so the ONLY reason you would need that boost is Eviolite. Tool Scrapper gets rid of the Eviolite, making Dark Claw unnecessary. It also boosts your consistency, since you won't be hunting for a card you've only got a single copy of. Running 2 Tool Scrapper also helps out your Garbodor matchup, which is a match Darkrai can have troubles with.

Personally, I'd drop another Energy Switch and a normal Switch for 2 Crushing Hammer or Enhanced Hammer, but that's up to you. I love combining Sableye and the Hammers, but if you don't think that'll be helpful you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back