Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Darkwing Duck- Lets get dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior pokeboy

I'm maybe the biggest Honchkrow player with most succes, and i want to play it at a Reginal. I have wone a City and came 3rd in another. If any of you says that it isn't a good idea to play anyway, then just don't post. Heres my deck:

Pokemon: 17
3 Murkrow (MT)
1 Murkrow (SW)
2 Honchkrow
1 Honchkrow lv.X
3 Absol
2-2 Claydol
2 Unown G
1 Uxie

Trainer/Supporter/Staidium: 31
3 Bebe's
3 Roseanne's
3 G Mars
3 Great ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxery Ball
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Warp Point
3 Night Main.
2 Plus Power
2 Snowpoint Temple
2 Lookers Inv
2 Energy Switch

Energy: 12
4 :dark: Special
8 :dark: Basic

Strategy: You start removing cards from start with mainly Absol and Mars. Same time you get Honchkrow up and take some more cards to you get lv.X. When your opponent has a good pokemon, use Honchkrow for a boost with help from Plus Power and Dark Special. Energy Switch is used if i want to have a :dark: Special without giving it too much energy. When Murkrow is attacker i use Snowpoint Temple to give them 80 HP and Unown G to stop Machamp. Night main. and Great ball is good for a quick recycle.

Why the 4-2-1 Honchy line? Go 4-2-2.

Less Night Maintenance. More pluspower, and Darkrai X. The damage boost helps so much.

Giratina Let Loose as well.

POKEMON: 17
Level-Up: 3
1 : Darkrai Lv.X, GE-104
2 : Honchkrow Lv.X, SW-132
Stage 1: 5
2 : Claydol, GE-15
1 : Slowking, GE-28
2 : Honchkrow, MT-10
Basic: 9
1 : Minun, SW-32
1 : Darkrai, GE-4
1 : Slowpoke, GE-82
4 : Murkrow, MT-90
2 : Baltoy, GE-60

TRAINERS: 28
Trainers: 12
1 : Night Maintenance, MT-113
4 : Pluspower, PL-112
4 : Great Ball, SF-85
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
2 : Time-Space Distortion, MT-124
Supporters: 13
2 : Cynthia's Feelings, LA-131
4 : Roseanne's Research, SW-125
3 : Team Galactic's Wager, MT-115
4 : Buck's Training, LA-130
Stadiums: 3
1 : Moonlight Stadium, GE-100
2 : Snowpoint Temple, LA-134

ENERGY: 15
Special Energy: 8
4 : Call Energy, MD-92
4 : Darkness Energy, SW-129
Basic Energy: 7
7 : Darkness Energy, DP-129

That is my list. I almost beat AMU with it.

Urgh, drop 4 Buck's for 4 Bebe's, Bippa. Seriously.

Also, that's a bit excessive on TGW - remember, if they win, that's six cards in hand.

Better to Let Loose, Cosmic Power, and Feint Attack the KO on their Claydol than to TGW them into 6. Albeit, if you're good at RPS, maybe it's playable as more than 2-of.

At the moment my list would be something like:

Pokémon (20):
4-2-2 Honchkrow Lv.X (1 SW Murkrow)
3-1 Uxie Lv.X
2-2 Palkia Lv.X
2 Mesprit
1 Absol
1 Crobat G

Trainers (28):
4 Bebe's
4 Roseanne
4 TGM
1 TGW

4 SSU
2 Level Max
2 Switch
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance
1 T-SD

2 Moonlight Stadium

Energies (12):
4 Darkness
3 Dark
4 Call
1 Warp (good with Palkia Lv.X against trainerlock)

Strategy is to spread to key pokémon with Feint Attack, then start picking them off with Darkness Wing. SSU Recycle with Darkness Wing is one of the key plays here - it basically allows you a continuous powelock as long as you're flipping heads with SSU to Mesprit.

If you're not too fond to Palkia, there ar e plenty of other techs to drop the 1-1 line to. However, at the moment, I really don't see Honchy played competitively without Palkia. Any deck with Claydol will just destroy the 60 HP main attackers if you have none counter measures against it.

If you do a search on jkwarrior, you will find that he had multiple CC Wins in the North Texas Area....I think he even posted his list somewhere in his posts.

Now granted, his wins were last CC season, but none-the-less. They were still impressive during a time when Gardy/Gallade Variants reigned supreme.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63433
^^^^There he posted his pokemon line.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63557
^^^^ There he just posted his tournement win...But maybe you can devise something out of it for your list.

From experience playing against him, he played 4 Plus Powers to help offset the reduced damage that DWD put out.

Also, PM him, Im sure he wouldnt mind helping seeing as how that was his favorite deck for a while!

-3 great ball
+ 1 premier ball
+ 1 luxury ball, you will probably only find one anyway.
+ 1 lake boundry
Good deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back