Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dear TPCi: Regarding the 3-Pack Blisters...What Gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanthePokeMan

Hello 'Gym Members,

I have been reading some of the threads on here and on Pokebeach and have noticed that people are frustrated with the fact that there is confusion over the 3-pack blisters for Plasma Storm, and recently, the Plasma Freeze 3-pack blisters. The following question, then, is for those members of this forum that work for TPCi: why are the 3-pack blisters not being released consistently?

As a collector of the card game since it reached North American shores, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of consistency regarding the release of promotional merchandise. First, I am not too happy that as a Canadian consumer, I have had to go to the US several times in order to get certain cards (Egg Promos, and check-lane blisters). Second, there now seems to be a trend happening that the 3-pack blisters are either not being released everywhere in North America or not at all (Next Destinies, both Plasma sets). My second question to you is this (and I would like a concrete answer): have the Plasma Storm and Plasma Freeze blisters been released at all in North America?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the creation of TPCi (a combination of Pokemon USA and the European division) have alleviated different merchandise being released in different areas of the world?

I know that I may appear stand-offish in this thread posting, but I figured that reaching out to a representative from TPCi on here would yield the best results and vanquish my frustrations.

The only thing I ever heard was the it was more an issue with the stores not wanting to carry them, but I find it weird with living in a populated area with tons of TRU, Targets, and Walmarts around, and the 3-packs seem to skip an expansion every time, now. Deck boxes, tins, and boxsets are always plentiful and constantly ordered, even if some sit around not selling for a while. I heard that the midwest and southeastern states have spotted the 3-packs before. I wish online stores would carry them, but only the the UK, as even ToyWiz and T&T haven't got any in either!

Yet despite the fact that Dragon Vault is just sitting on the pegs still, Pokemon in general sells rather well.
At least in my area, where it's almost empty.

Though that recent Magic set must have sold a ton, cause there is none on the shelves at Walmart.

I would think the 3 Pack Blister comes out a bit later for Plasma Freeze (maybe around the time of the new tins).

But at least then you can pretty much guarantee you'll get a response, regardless of how long it takes. They aren't obligated to make any responses here, and the only ones who do ... really only do so out of courtesy. Just sayin'.

edit: Word to the wise, .... it's probably not the best attitude to display - implying a poor record of customer service when you posted the thread to get their attention .... to get a response.

Last edited:
Didn't see the blisters at target when I went. They had plasma freeze/storm there, but no Freeze blisters. Not sure about storm.

If anyone does get a response, you'll have to let us know. There's been plenty of people I know that have been VERY frustrated over not finding any.

The only thing I ever heard was the it was more an issue with the stores not wanting to carry them

I buy my boxes, tins, 3-pack blisters ect directly from a distributor and I've asked him in the past about a few of these 3-packs and he's told me that some of them just don't show up on the list of items he can order. So it's definately not a problem with stores not wanting to order them.

If anyone does get a response, you'll have to let us know. There's been plenty of people I know that have been VERY frustrated over not finding any.

Yeah, I'd like to know what's up with the 3-pack blisters too.

Has anyone seen the blisters for Plasma Freeze anywhere?

Last edited:
I buy my boxes, tins, 3-pack blisters ect directly from a distributor and I've asked him in the past about a few of these 3-packs and he's told me that some of them just don't show up on the list of items he can order. So it's definately not a problem with stores not wanting to order them.

That's interesting... I know for Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, they've been getting ALL of the recent ones. PokeCollection from NZ is usually where I find out about the new blisters and boxsets, before anyone else. They apparently have them for sale on launch, like when they showed pics of the Plasma Storm Ampheros and Ninetales packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back