Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deck choices for Grinders - unofficial poll as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilhung53

Hello,
I haven't posted on pokegym.net for a while, but it's nice to start a likely legit topic - deck choices for Grinders.

I will do my part my contributing the most obvious idea - Shedinja Stall.

Please feel free to offer any fixes or comments.

Pokemon (10):
4x Nincada DX
4x Shedinja DX
1x Ninjask DX
1x Minun DX

Trainers (41):
4x Claw Fossil
3x Root Fossil
4x Mysterious Fossil

4x Celio's Network

2x Holon Transceiver
2x Holon Mentor

4x Cursed Stone
2x Desert Ruins

2x Curse Powder

4x Copycat
4x Rocket's Admin
2x Mary's Request
2x Steven's Advice
2x Pokemon Retreiver

Energies (8):
4x Cyclone Energy
4x Heal Energy

Minun DX has an very important purpose - it allows me to Sniff Out a Cursed Stone, in exchange for a probable KO. If I am ahead by 2-3 prizes with stadiums though, then I can certainly afford it. It'll worth the sacrifice. Other than that, I focus more on shuffle draws rather than straight up draws for obvious reasons. Ninjask DX is there for decks that focuses on Mew ex or Basic Pokemon like Lunatone.

My concern is that this deck is so obvious, and with Latios d and Latias d's rise in popularity, Shedinja doesn't sound so good.

Space Center sounds okay, but I am still vulnerable to counter-stadiums.

Unoffical Poll: What would you play at Grinders?
-Shedinja Stall
-Raichueggs.dec
-Rock Lock
-DragTrode
-LBS
-MewTric
-Others: Please mention what deck(s)

Last edited:
y multi energy? all of your pokemon use colorless
minun isnt very useful in here (and is a HORRIBLE starter)
just watch out, i mad a post about this on the sticky how many powerful decks are there anyway (its on the last page) you may want to read it

Hey William! I really curious about your deck strategy vs. your tourney reports. A couple of weeks ago, i read your Nevada (i think) Gym Challenge report with the Teched Flariados deck. Then at the end of the report you typed something like - I dont reccommend this deck if you are planning on winning an invite, there is tons of luck involved on it - Or something similar to that and then I see a picture of you playing the exact same deck...

OK, whatever, going into the grinder. I guess any deck on the metagame can make it, we're also going to see tons of raichu d decks. LBS is always an awsome choice as well as many Mew EX LM decks.

Maybe you should give Rock-Lock a spin? Anything that can defeat Raichu d + friends is a good deck right now...and Flariados has some tough time versus it, as does Shedinja.

Doesn't Rock-Lokc rely completly on Powers/Bodies and is rather Slow to set-up? I don't see how it beats Raichu/Eggs. Eggs will have all of it's evolutions out by around T3, and they Keep Split Bombing your Larvitars. On the other hand, it does have a decent Matchup against LBS, so it is not a bad choice, but Queen is the recomended deck(Will, just ask me to PM it to you and I will:smile:)

moza said:
Doesn't Rock-Lokc rely completly on Powers/Bodies and is rather Slow to set-up? I don't see how it beats Raichu/Eggs. Eggs will have all of it's evolutions out by around T3, and they Keep Split Bombing your Larvitars. On the other hand, it does have a decent Matchup against LBS, so it is not a bad choice, but Queen is the recomended deck(Will, just ask me to PM it to you and I will:smile:)

If the queen plays milotic, then it destroys Regg.

I know, and it destroys every other deck in the format witht he right list, which I have:wink:

poofed out on my at Nats though:frown:

you should put in 3 cursed powder to really annoy your opponent and i would take out 1 scott,1 vs seeker, and 1 pokemon retriever for 3 cursed powder.

Gardevoir88: Curse Powder sounds really good, so I'll edit it.

Matias: I seriously decided between Mynx, Mewtric, and Flariados. There was no way I'll play LBS, because I want to give myself at least a decent chance to win the whole thing at Nationals. However, Grinders is a different story. My goal is to win as many 30 minute games as possible, and I will make a serious effort to come up with something special. I believe that if I'm going down this season, I'll go down swinging.

thats the spirit
y not play powblock?
it has good matchups against LBS, flaridos, Mynx, and mewtric
i dont know how it handles that new deck, REggs, but it should be fun to test play and find out
i know you had trouble with powblock in tourneys, but i can post my list (it has lost 2 out of 18 matches, the only reason i didnt play it was i had no trode ex's) if you want

Nice Shed! :thumb: well, since you have a little poll at the bottom i'll answer it. If i had to pick a deck i would play at grinders besides the one i have right now, it would either be EspyCham, or MewTric. Honestly i havnt really seen to much of those decks. And when decks fade out, people care less and less about them leaving them to deal with big decks like LBS and Flariados. But in general i dont like using arch type decks, it shows how desperate people are to win, it loses the creativity of the game.

Consistency will win out in the grinder, play a 'swiss' deck. For example, Dark Slowking was easily the play last year, its ability to speed ahead and win on time during swiss was second to none.

MewTric is the best deck in the format.

wiihung why not play with metanite or like a rogue deck titled cradilly, this one is from HP, and run gyrados from holon phantom, i dont have the list with me but run 3-3 Gyrados from hp and 4-4 line of cradilly form hp. i have seen it in action it is so amazing, so fast and it does a lot of damage, it will knock anything out, there is no distinct trainer setup for it, it can run the holon engine, everything, it works well with everything, i would say dont run the raichu eggs thing because there will be so much of the raichu eggs deck in the grinder and worlds, Cradilly deck powns the crap out of raichueggs.

Everyone is going to expect Shedinja stall.
That means if ONE person you play techs in an ATM ICE, you pretty much lose.
And all you need is one loss.

PokéMart said:
Everyone is going to expect Shedinja stall.
That means if ONE person you play techs in an ATM ICE, you pretty much lose.
And all you need is one loss.
not true. you should never have more than 1 fossin in play at a time. if your fossil is koed by atm ice or koed by a 50 damage attack, what's the difference? you bring up a new fossil.

i would go like this with your list

Pokemon:9
4x Nincada DX
4x Shedinja DX
1x Minun DX

Trainers:43
4x Claw Fossil
4x Root Fossil
4x Mysterious Fossil
4x Celio's Network
4x Cursed Stone
4x Desert Ruins
3x Rare Candy
3x Curse Powder
4x Copycat
4x Rocket's Admin
4x Pokemon Retreiver
1x ATM Rock

Energies:8
2x Holon Energy GL
6x Grass Energy

Ok you don't want your opponenent to take a prize so you need to play Rare Candy for when those sneaky LBS's show up andyou have to Rare Cany so they can't get to your Nincada with Steelix and when they do take a prize it will only be for Minun. So you really just sit back spread the damage and then you ATM Rock right before time and sometimes all you have to do is grab one prize and you win because they can't kill anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back