Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deck help (Crawdaunt EX/Meganium EX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinzer0

Ive never played at an official tournament so im pretty new at this. Virginia States will be my first try and here is the deck im trying to work with... any help or constructive criticism would be very helpful... thanks.

3 Chikorita UF
2 Bayleef UF
2 Meganium EX
1 Meganium d DF

1 Kyogre EX Promo
1 Kyogre EX CG

3 Corphish HP (The one with corkscrew punch)
3 Crawdaunt EX HP

4 Holon Electrode DS

4 Professor Elm's Training
3 Holon Lass
2 Windstorm
4 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Scott
2 Holon Mentor
3 Holon Adventurer
2 Battle Frontier

4 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy
8 Leaf Energy

The idea is to power up the Crawdaunt as the primary attacker. This is done with Meganium EX' poke power. Also Meganium EX is a powerhouse itself. The Megani d is meant to quickly set up the Meganium and the Crawdaunt, and can also be a good attacker itself. The Lass' are to pull energy fast, Elms and Candys to help setup fast, Advent for draw. The switch just in case and to save energy. Windstorm to take down pesky stadiums and tools, mostly that shut down my poke-powers, BF to get rid of pesky stadiums and shut down some powers and bodies. Scott is used to pull supporters fast. Kyogre promo for good start against quazza, and good to power up craw even more, also hurts bench, and combos with CG Kyogre for sniping bench and free retreat for both kyogres. . The boost are for a quick power up for Crawdaunt.

Well thats about it any help would be great.

Last edited:
need 4 candy first of all. second of all need 3-2-3 nidoqueen line or 3-2-3 meganium line
also, lapras is not a great card. u r better off playing 1 more scott and 2 holon mentors/pokemon fan club/lanette's net search
drop castforms for holon's magneton or holon's electrode so u don't have to start w/ castform
also drop 1 water energy for 1 mag/trode
thisis a pretty good idea i think. good luck at states!

I used to run this deck....ill try to remember the list...

Pokemon: 21

Chikorita x4 UF
Bayleef x2 UF
Meganium EX x3 UF
Meganium d x2 DF
Corphish x2 HP
Crawdaunt EX x2 HP
Holon Trod x3
Holon Ton x3

Energy: 15

Grass x15

Trainers: 24

Power Tree x3
Prof. Elm's Training Method x3
Holon Transceiver x4
Holon Mentor x2
Holon Adventurer x2
Holon Farmer x2
Holon Lass x1
Windstorm x3
Rare Candy x4

Hope that helps a lil

Deck list updated

I updated my new list. 4 Candys, no Lapras, 1 more Elm, Water Leaf ratio changed, Mentors added, and Electrode instead of Castform. Im thinking about running a 3-2-3 Meganium, but i need to get another Meganium EX. Thanks for all your help, it has been very useful.

Take away a bayleef and a Nidorina
Also you can take away some leaf energys, like 3 or 4 and add in some useful trainers

You don't need 3 Holon Lass. 2 At the very most. Put in some draw like Holon Adventurer, TVR, Steven's Advice, Holon Scientist, so forth.

Maybe I'll see you at states! Good Luck!

Another update

added more holon trodes and dropped all water energy. Also added Holon Adventurer for draw... states in about a couple of weeks and trying to tweek this deck...any help or maybe some cautious warnings about some popular decks this year would be helpful. Thanks

Get rid of Nidoqueen

As the only player I belive to have won a City Championship with this deck (7-0), I feel that you are getting some very poor advice.

#1 Laprass has won me more games then I care to mention. It solved many bad starts. As long as you have Laprass + any other pokemon you have a good start. Short on energy Laprass for Mr. Stones or Holon Lass, short bench pokemon Lapras for Mentor. Need evolution Laprass for Professor Elms TM.
Dont need anything in particular Laprass for Scott.

#2 Get rid of Nidoqueen, it dose nothing more then take up space in your deck that could be better used for a more focused Meganium line. This deck only needs one Meganium EX in play to be effective, so I only run 2 meganium Ex's and I run two Delta Meganium.
When you play a delta you can take an entire Meganium EX line out of your deck if you need to at once. With Nidoqueen it would take you 3 turns, its too slow. Many times I will have a rare candy in hand so evolve to Delta Meganium use the power get Chicorita and Meganuim Ex rare candy, boom you are in business.
Plus Delta Meganium is great for stalling a bit with Delta reduction that slows down your Opponenet (singlehandedly destroys Rieggs) gives you time to power up your Crawdaunt more.

#3 You need water for two reasons. A) 1 you need to take advantage of Crawdaunt EX's ability of being the one of the few Pokemon in the game capable of a turn two 80 damage attack. Works great on killing Mew EX's
Attatch water turn one hit for 10 damage with corphish. Evolve turn 2 to Cardaunt EX, attatch boost for 80 more damage , KO. I run 4 water and 2 fighting. You dont need so many grass as your Holon's Double Rainbow pokemon double all of your grass in play. Attatch Holon pick up grass, Nuture and Heal it back down. B) 2 You cant allow your Crawdaunt Ex to be unable to attack if your opponenet plays Crystal Beach, and you dont have a Windstorm/Stadium in hand.

#4 You NEED four Boost. W/ rare candy you can T1 50 damage with Meganium EX, not to mention that
w/ power poison you have to discard an energy anyways, so it might as well be the boost that gets discarded ways. With Boost and two grass it is possible to power poison in just two turns.

I run 4-2-4 Meganium line (2 ex, 2 delta) 3-3 Crawdaunt EX (Corphish DX with the body that blocks 10 damage) 2 Lapras and 2 Delta pinsir (delta search to get my Delta Meganium in play fast)

This is a very solid deck if played correctly. With it I had a 1st place and 2nd place finish in the CC's this year. Good luck in your states.

Last edited:
wow... thanks alot... ive dumped the nidos for meganium d. also changed up energy a little... i would like to fit in the lapras or pinsir, any suggestions on combos and replacements for those... or maybe some other good basics. thanks alot for all the help given and any to come. also should i try to fit a 3-3 Crawdaunt EX (that would require me to get another Craw EX)? oh and do you think it is anyproblem running so many of the same card because Shiftry PK and metagross PK are so popular.

Last edited:
I can let you use my crawdaunt ex for the tourny. Against shiftry just try to get the evolutions out of your hand and against metagross you have evolve only when it is necessary.

true true hmm i might take up on that offer for the crawdaunt... also any ideas of what to pull for the extra cards... and again thanks for the two meganium exs at the PK PR Time for pain. :thumb:

hmm yeah, with the trodes if i need to run meganium d as active i could always delta call them for the fighting. Also if i replace them for a third corphish and crawdaunt, should i add those lapras or pinsirs, or anything else, or would it be stable enough as is?

Take out 2 celio's network you don't need it for some stadiums because if your opponent plays crystal beach your pretty screwed so take them out for 2 battle frontier so you can stop that metagross ex PK his power.

Good Luck

I am glad you appreciated my suggestions. It is a good idea to have at least 2 stadiums and or
Windstorm so Crystal Beach dose not get locked into play. High or Low Pressure systems could work
and Holon Legacy could be hepfull for your Delta Fire weakness, just make sure not to play it prior to Evolving your Delta Meganium. Pinsir has a Body so he is not effected.

Let me know how you do this weekend. I hope you do well. One piece of advice, with Delta reduction
attatck remember it is reduced prior to Weakness and Resistance. That can save you from being one hit KO'd by a fire pokemon.

I had an idea to throw in some Kyogre EX (Promo or CG). I know two more EX, but with the Promo I can further power up Craw or Megani early in the game, also I can bench attack a little. Also with Quazzas being so popular, his body could be very powerful. Also I was thinking maybe the CG Kyogre EX for quick bench kills and then being able to free retreat next turn. Any ideas or suggestions regarding this

Plus Delta Meganium is great for stalling a bit with Delta reduction that slows down your Opponenet (singlehandedly destroys Rieggs) gives you time to power up your Crawdaunt more.

How do you figure? The effect of his delta reduction attack resides on the defending pokemon. So let's say you just k.o.ed a raichu. They can send up a new one to scramble for 90 and play a cursed stone k.o. at the end of your turn. Or, they can put out an Exeggutor, do 70 (assuming a full bench), you can't ko, if you do delta reduction they do 30 next turn and cursed stone for ten more. And all this time they will have probably had cessation crystals out, there goes your energy acceleration.

hmm yeah good point, but are you saying to get rid of the magani d or just refuting the raieggs comment, if so should nido go back, or should i get rid of both for something else. I like evolutionary call, but i also hate that megani is not as useful after this. Thanks all for sugesstions so far, im kinda a noob and everyone has been very helpful... and i think i may run the 1 promo Kyogre and 1 CG Kyogre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back