Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

deck idea with Heatran LV.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a Heatran LV.X and i don't know what deck to put it in with, so i need a good deck recipe because i might use the deck for city championships.:pokeball:

you can do rapidash SF, blazicin GE, infernape MD, and magmortar those are the only good fires i can think of

Last edited:
I've been thinking of Magmortar with Heatran Lv. X. Only problem is that Kingdra murders it.

Think of it this way though. 4 energy on Magmortar, Lv. upto Magmortar Lv. X. Burn the active, hit someone on the bench for 100. They take 30 damage for burn automatically, if they don't retreat they take another 30 for burn. Use Heatran lv. x's power to reattach the 2 energy to magmortar, attach one for your turn. Do 100 to the active, between turns, turn takes place. That's 190 damage right there.

heres an idea one kid at my league was playing playing one of theses decks

1 x heatran X
3 x heatran (fire type)
3 -3-3 togikiss line
3 - 2 - 1 magmortar line

you can figure out the rest I'm guessing?

I just thought of an idea, what about Charizard from stormfront with Heatran LV.X with Rapidash, so that way Rapidash can burn, Charizard can get the energies back with Heatran's poke power.

Charizard is actually the worst combo with Heatran lv. X in my opinion because of four reasons:

1.) He is a stage 2 with a bulky retreat cost.
2.) His only attack requires 4 energy. Even with Heatran lv. X eventually retrieving them, it will still take you 4 turns to power up, which is way too slow in this or most any other format.
3.) He lacks the ability to OHKO most stage 2 Pokemon, which really hurts.
4.) He is double weak to water, meaning the most popular deck in the format (Kingdra) will OHKO it every single time with a single energy.

I don't like Moltres much either (I know you didn't mention it, but I'm bringing it up as a point of comparison), but it is actually a lot better than Charizard because it hits for 100 as a Basic Pokemon for only 3 energies (which is still slow, but faster than Charizard) and it can recover energy from a downed Pokemon when you bench it on a flip.

I think Magmortar lv. X is probably the best combination with Heatran lv. X at the moment because it abuses both aspects of the card (Burn and discard retrieval), with MD Infernape coming in second due to its ability to get OHKOs consistently. When Galactic's Conquest is released I think the Blaziken from that set comboed with the GE Blaziken (and Heatran lv. X of course) will make a potent deck as well (GC Blaziken has an auto-Burn Power, hits for 100 for 3, can Clutch for 2; GE Blaziken is simply a sick sniper, taking Claydols in one hit; both have 130 HP and a low retreat of 1).

heatran with straight Infernape from SF and maybe a tech of the SF infernape without the lv x seems solid. once you have it going you can have a consistent 120 a turn. Only problem is dealing with kingdra. Bubble coat may help for about a turn, and the SF infernape will help. but he is only good if he flips heads cause its too hard to power up 4 energy on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back