Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deck Suggestions for the Newbie!

Umbykirb

I'm sorry if there is another place or thread to do this. If there is so, just tell me, and if there isn't read on!

I want to know what deck would be a good deck to play at the Battle Roads. I'm thinking about something that might consist of either Milotic delta or Nidoqueen delta, and maybe even a deck with Kingdra EX delta (though I'm not quite sure if that's the best card).

Anyway, thanks for the help, and hopefully soon I'll be on my way!

EDIT EDIT EDIT

To avoid flaming, I know I'm posting this on a board that has many deck suggestions. I just want to know what the other people think about a really easy to play deck that does pretty well, and has a good match-up with others.

And also, I'm thinking about a Double Rainbow/Garchomp MT deck. That probably will be a good one.

Last edited:
do you have empoleon lv x? or have a place you can get one? if so, i think i cna help you make a budget control deck

I think it kind of depends on what you're looking for, especially price-wise and future playability. I mean, if cost is not an issue at all, you could go with something like a Flygon varient this season and run something else next season. Alternatively, you could look ahead at the DP cards and get something like Infernape.

Well T2 Kricketune'd is really cheap, but since your new, it may be difficult to get all of the trainer cards. Infercatty is much more expensive, with 3 ultra rare cards. Delcatty ex run for about $19 on eBay and Infernape Lv.X are about $20. Keep in mind that Infercatty can potentially play 1 Delcatty ex, but I like the security of two.

I reccomend Infercatty.

Inferncatty is cheap.
Tryt getting some flygon d(thaey work with a lot of cards espicially electivire)
Nidoqueen and feraligator d could work too.
Kricketune is cheap too.

Hurricane deck is relitivly cheep, useing commonly found trainers and pkmn, and is also easy to use. If you have most of the cards then it probably be under $20, if you don't have any of the cards then you are looking at around $40-50.

Tryt getting some flygon d(thaey work with a lot of cards espicially electivire)

Good idea, if they ever made a pokemon that you can literaly stick in almost any deck, then it's flygon d. Annother realy good all purpose pkmn is Delcatty PK, try and get some of these.

Oh, I saw you'r post on my tradeing thread, could you plz pm me you'r other cards that you have for trade in addition to the pika*? Thanks

i think that feraligatr d is a goog, solid, and easy to play deck, though it works best with mew d, but i wouldn't worry. gatrqueen could be good.

I can't believe nobody suggested Mario. Cheap deck (maybe not the Lucario's and Lv.Xs) but super simple strategy. Flip heads!

he specifically asked for a deck, mario doesn't fit that margin i'm afraid.

Error: 60 cards with 1 basic pokemon with no more than 4 copies from a card = DECK.

Sorry but Mario is a deck... if everyone dislike it, its their problem :biggrin:

But if you are talking about the plumber, i apologize :lol:

Error: 60 cards with 1 basic pokemon with no more than 4 copies from a card = DECK.

Sorry but Mario is a deck... if everyone dislike it, its their problem :biggrin:

But if you are talking about the plumber, i apologize :lol:

Well, Mario DID win the grinder, and I even know the guy who did! :smile:

Mario IS a deck. If it can win a major tournament, then yes, it can.

Anyway, I'm not too new. I have been collecting ever since 2000 or so, but never really started playing until I saw an ad in the newspaper for a pokemon league about July this year. That's when I really got into playing. I actually have good trainers. Multiple rare candies and windstorm. And also a few stupid trades including a japanese Flygon EX delta for a Walrein EX and whatever I need for a good deck that the person isn't using, and a TSD for 43 dollars. Well, maybe the latter was a good trade.

Anyway, I'm not too much of a N00B.

Alright, things to help you make me a deck (so I don't have to work my little head!)

1. I have a few Nidoqueen deltas that could work well in a deck.
2. I have all the MT Walrein line.
3. I have 2 Kingdra EX deltas
4. I have good trainers, not to mention some rare candies!
5. I also have rainbow energies.

Anyway, lets keep the suggestions flowing in!

A real an true honest n00b newbie here. :)

Thanks for listing the decks, but what cards are in them and what is the strategy behind them.

Thanks!

Check the deck forum, there are many ideas and lists. :smile:

Thanks, I do that but the thread states "Deck suggestions for the Newbie".
For example Infercatty etc. has many variations floating around with slightly different strategies that are not stated all the time.

I guess what a true newbie would like to see here is a Deck List with a strategy.

So what is the original Infercatty and T2 Kricketune'd deck list and strategy?

Thanks, I do that but the thread states "Deck suggestions for the Newbie".
For example Infercatty etc. has many variations floating around with slightly different strategies that are not stated all the time.

I guess what a true newbie would like to see here is a Deck List with a strategy.

So what is the original Infercatty and T2 Kricketune'd deck list and strategy?

There's NO original... Inferncatty runs many list, each different for the other (In trainers line, Techs, etc...) the same Kricketune.

That's why i'm telling him about the Deck Forum, there are some list he can use. And modify what he think is wrong or to counter his metagame.

Back